Kat over at Heart 2 Heart recently did this survey and I remember seeing it over at Tami's blog Hearts Make Families too but never got around to doing it. Of course I also saw it at Amy's blog Keeping up with the Schultz Family. These are dear blog friends of mine so head on over and check out their answers. Since I am just resting I thought that maybe I would give it a try too!
1.What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Started to blog
2.Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No I don't usually do that
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
More determination to get organized
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
4/9 & 6/21 the start days of my blogs ~ they gave me my life back
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
For Your Tears
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not doing enough for my family
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Continued struggle with living with severe asthma
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our puppy Skye
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Our daughter growth within herself
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Tiger Woods just to name one!
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My birthday at Disneyland
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas ~ I love where it says we will all be together if the fates allow ~ I want this song at my memorial service reminding everyone that we will all be together again and always love Christmas! It's my song this year because of all the loss I have seen and I want everyone to know that they will be together with their loved ones in eternity.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
happier ~ same ~ same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Visited with friends ~ I've been missing in action....
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being a bitch!
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Home with our children
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yes, I fell more in love with my family.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I have many. Big Brother is always #1 each year.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you did not hate this time last year?
I don't like to hate.
24. What was the best book you read?
I didn't read enough to have a good answer. Must do more this year!!!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I enjoyed the music from Hairspray.
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
I can't complain about this one.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Hangover ~ you must see it!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went to Disneyland and turned 58 years young
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Better health, I am very limited in what I can do.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Lots of PJ's ~ Capri stretch jeans and blouses
32. What kept you sane?
Having Skye and a great husband.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one I can think of.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I won't go there.
35. Who did you miss?
My family out of town.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
**37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
"I Am Thankful For All" Go on over and read this post if you haven't yet!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"And I think to myself, what a wonderful world"
** (more to #37)I have read so many tragic stories this year and my heart is heavy with sorrow for everyone who has lost a loved one this year. It hasn't gotten me down, it has given me hope and has strengthened my faith in God. It has also given me a great appreciation for each day we have with our loved ones. I can sit here and feel sorry for myself because I have severe asthma but I won't. I have life and it is so very precious, each second is a gift from God. I see a very small glimpse of the tears that are falling around our world each day. We can live in our own little world and not be effected at all. I was so naive and I will never be that way again. When my children would come home from school and say something to the effect about how their teacher was mean today I would say to them, "you don't know what is going on in their life today, they may be very sad about something". I never realized how profound those words were. Life is hard, appreciate each day and trust in God. ALL MY LOVE, DEBBY