Join us for Wednesday Hodgepodge, Joyce is waiting....
Auld Lang Hodgepodge:
1. What three words would you use to describe 2010?
Protection from God.
2. If fear were not an issue what is something you'd like to try?
I would love to speak to a group of women or work with teenage girls.
3. What do you add to your coffee or tea?
I usually add a vanilla creamer.
4. What historical sporting event would you like to witness?
I'm not much into sports but I guess a Super Bowl would be fun, especially if the bears were playing in it! Now I know that each Super Bowl is historical when it's over but if your looking for something from the past I will say maybe the tennis match between Billy Jean King and Bobby Riggs. (This is what came to mind for me and I'm not even a tennis fan.)
5. What is one piece of advice you would like to give your sixteen year old self?
Don't ever let yourself get overweight, nip it in the bud each time you see those extra 10 pounds. Sorry but one piece of advice is not enough so I am adding one more, take care of your skin!
6. Are you a planner or do you prefer to fly by the seat of your pants?
Definitely a planner with many lists.
7. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2011?
Reaching my goals of losing weight, simplifying my life/clutter and getting more exercise.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am trying to keep a journal of the special blessings I see in each day. Example: I wrote on 1/1/11 that I was thankful for the safety of my son & his girlfriend to and from Santa Cruz, CA for a New Year's trip. Right now it's in a draft email to myself but I would like to add to it each day or every few days.