1. What song reminds you of a specific time in your life and what is it about that song that makes you remember?
Summer In The City by The Lovin'Spoonful. I remember a warm evening in the summer walking around the Oak Brook Mall with some really cute guys just having a fun time! It had been playing on the radio.
Hot town, summer in the city
Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity
Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city
2. What's something you've given up on?
Trying to fix some people.
3. What's something you'll never give up on?
My children and God.
4. If you had to cook something from scratch in the next hour what would it be?
It would most likely be a cake or cookies. I could also put some spaghetti together.
5. Have you started Christmas shopping? Decorating? Listening to Christmas music?
Yes I have a few gifts already. Hope to get my tree up this weekend so I can start to decorate. Yes I am listening to Christmas music every chance I get!
6. What do you know about your parent's wedding?
I know it was in a little church and it was a candlelight service. I know that my grandmother, from a window at their home, yelled down to my father that it was time for him to take a bath and get ready for his wedding. He was washing his car! I also know that most of the gifts were $5. or maybe $10., I have the register that they wrote it in. I also have the little bible my mother carried and a handkerchief that belonged to my dad that she also carried. I carried them when I got remarried to my husband in 1989.
7. I can't believe I ___________________.
Turned sixty this year! Never saw it coming!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
1 bag frozen hash-brown potatoes…(30 oz. bag)- I use cubed!
2 cans chicken broth…(14 oz can)
1 can cream of chicken soup…(10.75 oz. can)
1/2 cup chopped onion - I use flakes!
1/3 t. ground black pepper
1 pkg cream cheese….softened…(8 oz.)
In a 6 quart electric slow cooker, combine potatoes, broth, soup, onion, and pepper. Cover, and cook on low for 5 hours. Then, stir in cream cheese…and cook for 30 more minutes…stir occasionally until combined. If you desire grated cheese or crumbled bacon. that’s OK, too! Serves 4
Enjoy the rest of your week. Thank you Joyce for the questions. Click on the button to join in!