1. Are you cooking Christmas dinner? How many will be round your table this year? What are we having?
Well those who visit me often know that I put my foot down last year and invited myself to the Christmas party at my house! That means I am not cooking, we are having the Lou Malnati's Chicago deep dish pizza. I will be making plenty of hor d'oeuvres and there will we plenty of cookies and candies to eat! We are the only family in California so there will be the six of us. Phil who works with Mark might be coming over to join us since he can't go back to the UK, he was just there a few weeks ago. Our pizza's arrived last Wednesday and you would not believe what happened today. We got another box of six pizzas from Mark's brother in Illinois. I really had to work some magic getting them in the freezer!
2. What is one must-have Christmas cookie in your house?
Spritz cookies! I always have to make them. The other must have on Christmas day is the Bohemian Hoska sweet bread that I make.
3. Santa likes a glass of milk with his cookies. Do you? What kind of milk is on tap at your house-skim? almond? soy? full fat (Gasp!)
I don't often do milk and cookies. We usually have 1% in the house. I will buy 2% if the expiration date is later than the 1%.
4. Time magazine recently named their 'Person of the Year' for 2011. This is the person the editors believe had the greatest impact, for better or worse, in the past year. This year they chose 'The Protester'. Your thoughts? Who would you name Person of the Year for 2011?
I don't have any thoughts on this one.
5. December 21st is National Flashlight Day... when was the last time you needed a flashlight and did you know right where to find one?
I think it was to look down the hill, beyond the fence. There was a noise and I wanted to see what it was but never saw anything! Yes I know exactly where to find one.
6. Candy canes...yum or yuck?
I'm not into candy canes that much but I am going to say yum. I don't dislike them.
7. What Christmas carol lyric means the most to you?
Silent Night. I can remember my mother singing it in church when I was a child. She had a beautiful voice. "Sleep in Heavenly Peace"
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm speechless! Well not really but I am going to be quiet in the blog world for the next few days. So much to do, so little time.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!
Thank you Joyce for the questions. If you want to join in just click on the button at the top of the page.