Well I have been tagged by Stacy at A Life Lived Well. If you have time head on over to visit Stacy's blog!
I was also tagged by Rochelle at A Family Of Looneys. Click on over and visit with Rochelle.
I was also tagged by Mary at Life In a Small Town. Wow, I feel so honored to be tagged by so many wonderful ladies. If you don't know Mary already head on over and get to know her.
I was also tagged by my friend Karen over at Karen's Korner. Click on over and meet Karen! You have an opportunity to meet 4 new friends so why not take advantage of it.
I was also tagged by Empty Nester over at Empty Nest. If you don't know her I suggest you click on over to meet with her.
I will be answering each set of 11 questions from Stacy, Rochelle, Mary, Karen and Empty Nester. Thank you ladies for thinking of me.
1. Post these rules.*check*
2. You must post 11 random things yourself.*check*
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.*check*
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.*not*
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them.*not*
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ Blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 peeps!*not*
(I will always do the tag but I do not pass them along anymore. If you want to play you are welcome to join in)
Here are 11 random things about me:
1. I love to buy unusual pens. Bought my last one at Wicked.
2. I use to be obsessive about cleaning. Not anymore!
3. I never watch the news.
4. Wine will keep me awake at night yet I can sleep after a cup of coffee.
5. I always park on an end spot!
6. We are working on a gallery wall of vacation shots on canvas.
7. I've become a shut in because I don't like how I look.
8. I love to mail out cards.
9. I plan on spending less money this year on things I don't really need.
10. I still prefer my pictures from my P&S compared to my Canon Rebel!
11. I would love to have a talk show, I think I would be great at it.
Here are my questions to answer from Stacy:
1. If money and know-how aren't obstacles, what is your dream occupation?
I would love to be a counselor to people.
2. Valentines' Day is the next "big" holiday. Tell us about your best or worst or funniest Valentines' Day.
Well I would imagine my worst was after my husband left me back in January '82. Valentines Day has never been a favorite of his so I can't remember many of them. (for those who don't know we have been back together for 22 years)
3. Do you have a mentor and if so, what have they mentored you in?
4. If you could be doing anything under the sun right now, what would you be doing?
I would be living in London and seeing what it is like!
5. Music can evoke powerful emotions and memories. Is there a song that can instantly take you somewhere?
I can't come up with a specific song at the moment but their are a few songs from the '80's that take me back to Parents Without Partners and dancing with someone at one of their parties.
6. What is the best advice anyone ever gave you?
My father always says "Never lose the spirit of Christmas." He also says "Don't grow old" but that one I can't seem to do!
7. Have you ever met anyone famous? If you did, what was your impression? Were they what you expected them to be?
I meet Jimmy Durante years ago but I don't remember those specifics about him.
8. What one book (other than the Bible...'cause everyone's going to say that) do you think no one should go through life without reading?
I don't do a lot of reading and when I do they are usually romance novels. For now I will say "The Help." After seeing the movie I went and bought the book because I wanted to make sure there was a copy of it for my grandchildren to read some day. So kids if you are reading this don't throw it out when I die!
9. What is the most unusual thing you've ever done?
Nothing is coming to mind but I am sure there is one out there! As a young girl my best friend and I took some bras, stuffed them and walked through the alleys like some sluts. I don't remember anyone seeing us or why this was important to us. We had to be about 8 years old.
10.Has your life turned out to be anything like what you'd imagined when you were growing up?
I think it has. I wanted to grow up, get married and have children. I never expected it to be so hard.
11.Have you set any goals or made resolutions for 2012? Share one?
No I have not set any resolutions for 2012 but as always I hope to get going with a plan to lose my excess weight! (lost 3 pounds) I also want to declutter because clutter holds you hostage and shuts you in.
Here are my questions from Rochelle:
1. What is a house chore that you hate doing?
I don't like changing the sheets on the bed.
2. What is your middle name?
I'm sorry but there are people who watch for this information.
3. Have you had any horrible dates?
I can't remember one specific date but I am sure that I have.
4. If you could have a dream vacation, where would it be?
I am going to say New York and Washington, DC. Two places I would love to visit.
5. What is a movie that you are looking forward to seeing in 2012?
I hope to see "We Bought a Zoo" tomorrow. I suppose the next Twilight movie would be a good answer!
6. If you could have a girl weekend with your best friend. What would you do?
I'm not sure but I would love to just be in the hotel room with room service and watch movies. Sounds like fun to me. We would eat, laugh and have a great time catching up.
7. What is something that you love to eat and wish you could have it all the time?
Pizza and Reese's Peanut Butter cups.
8. Do you like to dress up or are you more comfortable in jeans?
No dress up for me!
9. If you are on Pinterest. Is there something that you have made from it?
I have made several recipes. I love Pinterest.
10. What is one of your favorite family memories?
I think that every Christmas is one of my favorite memories.
11. What kind of music do you listen too?
I like Smooth Jazz and I listen to a lot of movie soundtracks. Since I blog and watch movies all.the.time I fall in love with the soundtracks.
Here are Mary's questions to me:
1. Who is your favorite singer/music group?
Barry Manilow has always been a favorite of mine.
2. Do you have a favorite game to play on the computer/tablet/iPad/iPod? If so, what is it?
Well actually before blogging I would spend all my time playing Webkinz online. I still go over every once in awhile.
3. What is your favorite movie?
That is extremely hard, I am so fond of movies. It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, Five Pennies, The Holiday, The Family Stone, etc., etc., etc.!
4. How long did you know your spouse when you got married? If you're not married, what is the longest you have seen someone?
I knew Mark in H.S. where we dated for a few months sophomore year. Then we didn't date again until after graduation night in '69. We married in '72.
5. Were you involved in music in high school/college?
I was in chorus but I wasn't very committed to it.
6. What special group were you involved in during high school/college?
None, just the cool kids!
7. When you're all alone, what do you like to eat for dinner?
Well I don't cook much anymore so most nights are whatever they want to make for themselves. If Mark is out locally he will usually bring me home some cheesecake so that will be my dinner. I don't have a specific answer for this one.
8. Left or right handed?
I am right handed.
9. How tall are you?
I am 5'2' and most likely less since I'm shrinking with age.
10. What is your favorite pair of shoes?
Birkenstock. Next would be a pair of Born shoes.
11. How long have you lived in your house/apartment/condo?
Lived in our home now for 5 years. Last home was 17 years.
Here are my questions from Karen:
1. What is one item on your bucket list?
New York city! I think I need to spend a few months there because I want to see the Fireworks in July, want to see Central Park in the Fall and want to enjoy the lighting of the tree for Christmas. A few plays thrown in would be fun too!
2. Where did you spend your most favorite vacation?
I have had many wonderful vacations over the years so I really don't want to pick one but since it was recent and I.loved.it I will say Europe.
3. How many are in your family?
I grew up in a family of 5. We are a family of four originally but have added two special members to our family along the way. So we are six with 2 wonderful puppies.
4. What is your least favorite chore to do?
Well I already mentioned one which was changing the sheets so I will say cleaning up after cooking.
5. What is the best thing you cook?
Probably Thanksgiving dinner.
6. What is your favorite restaurant?
I like a place called The Tavern in Los Angeles but Mario's in Riverside is pretty much tied with it.
7. When you were younger what was your dream job and are you doing it now?
Never had a dream job in my mind. Wanted to be married and have children.*check*
8. Do you play a musical instrument, and if so what is it?
9. Where did you meet your best friend?
Well my very first best friend was my neighbor Shirley when I was growing up. I will always consider her my best friend and we still send cards to each other. She moved to Colorado after H.S. but she is now back in Illinois. I would love to visit with her.
10. What is your favorite television show?
I enjoy Modern Family a lot and look forward to Parenthood each week.
11.Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I haven't got a clue because the first 60 years flew by sooooooo fast and I just want to live one day at a time right now.
Here are my questions from Empty Nester:
1. I am currently on a weight loss journey. What is your current journey?
I am working on cutting down on carbs and refined sugars.
2. Do you fear change, welcome it or do you simply not think about it?
Never liked change, never will!
3. How's your patience level?
Most of the time I have a very high level of patience however I hate waiting for toast!
4. Do you journal? Why or why not.
I have but I never remember to do it so I eventually quit. I thinking blogging is my best effort at getting things down on paper, so to speak.
5. Do you have pets? If so, do you spoil them?
Yes and yes. Our Skye is a family member and is spoiled/respected at all times.
6. Do you prefer a quiet night at home or a night out on the town?
I love being at home but it is also fun to go out every once in awhile.
7. What is the last movie you saw at the theater?
We Bought a Zoo.
8. Do you like sports? If so, what's your favorite?
No I am not a sports fan but I do enjoy watching golf.
9. Will you watch the Super Bowl this year?
Yes I will. We always have a party with the family and I love the commercials!
10. Did your team (if you have one) make it to the playoffs?
Well I would choose the Bears and no they didn't make it.
11. What about March Madness? Will you be filling out a bracket this year?
No and I don't really know what it is but I assume it's a sport.