Click on the button to join in on Joyce's Hodgepodge!
1. It's that most wonderful time of the year...tax season! Do you complete your own returns or farm that job out to the professionals?
Mark does our taxes.
2. This next question comes from Kansas Bob...he posed it in his response to something I asked in an earlier Wednesday post and I asked him if I could add it to the Hodgepodge some day. Today's the day....Which do you think has changed you more-love or pain?
3. Tangerine Tango has been named color of the year for 2012. Your thoughts? Would I find this color anywhere in your house? How about in your closet? If not, will you be adding this color to your life in some way in 2012?
Looks to coral for my taste. I do not think I will be using it anywhere.
4. Are you a collector? What do you collect and does it get admired, used, and/or dusted regularly?
I collect Jim Shore and Willow Tree pieces. They get admired in the family room and in the dining room. I have a small collection of Polish Pottery which we always put the snacks in at parties. I have a collection of giraffe figurines that are in the living room. I also have S & P shakers but they are not out on display. I also have a very large magnet collection but no place to put them in this house! I have a large collection of pine cones that are on display. I could go on and on. So the answer is yes I am a collector, not to mention all of my 800+ ornaments!
5. February is National Heart Month...besides a green salad what is one tasty heart healthy dish you like to prepare?
A glass of wine with a small bowl of almonds!
6. When was the last time you had car trouble?
Well actually my emissions light recently went on in my car but I'm waiting for the recall letter on the water pump to go to the dealer to get them looked at. So as I type I currently have car trouble!
7. Have you been more demanding on yourself lately or less? Is that a good trend?
I think I have been more demanding on myself when it comes to dieting. I am doing a great job but it is never easy. I am also trying to push myself to do more so both are a good trend for me!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Did anyone have the opportunity to watch "A Smile as Big as the Moon" on ABC Sunday night? It was a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie and it was so moving. The made-for-TV move starring John Corbett as football coach Mike Kersjes -- who wrote a book about taking 19 special education students to NASA Space Camp in 1989 -- will air again this weekend, making its debut on the Hallmark Channel. So set you DVR so you don't miss it. It will air at 8 and 10 p.m. Saturday an again at 2 p.m. Sunday. Another airing is scheduled for 4 p.m. Feb. 12 on the Hallmark Channel.
Also those of you who prayed for Marysa I am happy to say she is doing well and was at bowling yesterday. They are running several tests to see why is was so ill so you can continue to pray for good results. On a sad not one of our bowling friends is losing her battle with cancer. She comes from a family of 9 children, she and three of her sisters have been bowling with us for several years now. I know her entire family would appreciate your prayers.