1. February 22nd is National Be Humble Day...what makes you proud? What keeps you humble?
My children make me proud. My handkerchief ministry makes me proud. The broken hearts in our world keep me humble.
2. Where is the catch-all (aka dumping ground) in your house?
I have things on one end of the kitchen counter and then my sink in the bathroom which drives me crazy. I love an empty bathroom counter and mine is a mess right now!
3. Do you make it a point to visit State/National Parks when you travel or even in your own hometown? What's your favorite?
Yes, definitely, they are a must!!! Hard to pick one, I have been to a lot of them.
4. How would you define honor?
I am super sleepy this week so I am just putting something from the dictionary cause nothing is coming to mind. HONOR: honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions.
5. Angel's food or Devil's food-which cake do you prefer?
Angel Food is my choice!
6. What's the most recent road trip you've taken? Where did you go and how many hours did you spend in the car? Do you like to zoom to your destination without stopping or leisurely wind your way there with stops along the way? What is your car snack of choice?
Well we went to San Diego but that is a short car trip. Mammoth Lakes in the summer is about 5 1/2 hours. Since we stop for Jerky and Sheepherders Bread in Bishop, CA we don't pack anything. I usually have water. We don't normally eat in the car :)
7. Recent headlines told how a preschool child in NC had their packed lunch from home taken away and a school lunch substituted by a school inspector who deemed the homemade lunch unhealthy. Reportedly the parent was then billed for the school lunch (chicken nugget meal) although an update to the story says the parent was not billed. The inspector was conducting a routine inspection of the classroom-he/she was not there solely to peek in the lunchboxes. The packed lunch contained a turkey and cheese sandwich, an apple juice box, a bag of chips, and a banana. You can read the story here. Your thoughts?
It sounds like an okay lunch to me. I think they need to be looking for other important signs of abuse to children.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Want to say thank you to thank Nani at The Chronicles of Nani for giving me two awards last Thursday. If you don't know Nani just click on over and visit with her. I am a new follower of her blog. It always feels good to be noticed and loved.