What are you waiting for,
this is fun so head on over
and visit with Joyce!
1. How often do you check the weather? How do you check the weather?
Hardly ever! I have a weather widget up on my Google main page which by the way Google will be taking away in November 2013. It's the iGoogle page and it will be removed from the phones now.
2. Since this is volume 84 of the Wednesday Hodgepodge, and since I got married in 1984, and since I'm attending a wedding this weekend it only seems right to post something related here.
"Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance. If the dispositions of the parties are ever so well known to each other or ever so similar beforehand, it does not advance their felicity in the least. They always continue to grow sufficiently unlike afterwards to have their share of vexation; and it is better to know as little as possible of the defects of the person with whom you are to pass your life."
Agree or Disagree. Why?
This is a tough one!!! I do agree that we may continue to grow unlike because you can't change people. (Believe me I have tried!) It may be better to know as little as possible of the defects but I don't see how that can really happen in a marriage. Haven't we seen it all? I guess true happiness may happen by chance for some but the rest of us have to work at it.
3. Do you like to dance? Have you ever taken dance lessons?
Haven't danced in years. I loved dancing in High School. I can't say that I have taken any special dance classes other than maybe as a small child. My husband has never liked to dance and we didn't dance at our wedding for that reason.
4. Fresh from the oven peach pie or home made peach ice cream? Pick one.
I am not a big peach fan but I will pick the ice cream. However my family would make "peach dumplings" which were absolutely wonderful. The dumpling would be boiled and eaten warm with dry cottage cheese, butter and sugar. This was to die for!!!
5. Should people accept unfairness and learn to make the best of it?
No I don't think we should accept unfairness but sometimes you can't fight city hall, so to speak, and that is really sad!
6. The top five all time summer movie blockbusters (released between May and August and grossing at least 100 million dollars) are-Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars (the original), Ghostbusters, and ET. Which one's your favorite?
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
4. Star Wars
7. If given the chance, would you like to visit the moon?
Maybe years ago I would have said yes but not today.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Being without Internet on vacation was truly a blessing although I was very angry at first when this cabin didn't get a signal. Higher up on the mountain we did get a signal. I realized that I spend way too much time here most days at home. I enjoyed reading books, playing scrabble each evening and listening to the one radio station that they have in Mammoth Lakes. Such a simple way of living. Also it's nice when you really don't have any major responsibilities to taking care of the place. We do have to leave like it was when we came in. We vacuum and mop the floors but they don't leave you any other cleaning products. They come in and do the sanitary things they have to do!
I had 2,259 posts in my reader! Granted I don't read everyone anymore and after I go in and delete the folders where I have put most of them I still had to look over many posts to make sure I didn't miss something important, especially all my baby lost mothers. I got the list down to a few hundred and it really stressed me out on Monday. (No I can not hit Mark All As Read, it's not in me to do that) So I am working my way through them although I took yesterday off to run errands, get my pedicure and go to the movies. A girl has to have some priorities!!!