Thank you Joyce!
1. The Summer Olympics officially begin this Friday night...will you be watching? If you could see just one event in person which one would you pick?
I do plan on watching. I think I would pick gymnastics (always have loved it) although it can make me very nervous like the ice skating does in the Winter Olympics.
2.Do lazy days make you feel rested or unproductive?
Definitely unproductive and that is pretty much how I feel most days! My get up and go left me a few years ago.
3. July 25th is 'officially' Threading the Needle Day...can you sew? On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being not at all and 10 being Betsy Ross-like, how would you rate your skill with a needle and thread?
Let's just say I can sew a button on a shirt so that can only be a "2" however I did enjoy doing Crewel Embroideries years ago.
4. 'Threding the Needle' can also mean to walk a fine line between two things or issues (think awkward social situation). When was the last time you had to 'thread the needle', figuratively speaking?
No life in complete without awkward social situations but I can't come up with anything right now!
5. Kidney, pinto, black, or navy...your favorite bean?
Black Beans are my all time favorite!
6. Have you ever hosted a garage sale? Was it more success or bust?
I have hosted two garage sales in my life. Each time was with selling a house and moving. I would say they were a success both times. You will never see me going to garage sales, it is not my thing, like shopping at Marshalls I just can't go through stuff like that. When I shop I want organization.
7. What makes you roll your eyes?
Awkward social situations. *hehe* (refer to #4)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Speaking of Christmas in July....oh we weren't speaking of it were we. (sillly me) Well it is on my mind since it is only 5 months away from Christmas Day today. I suddenly remembered this about a week ago, that I had planned on buying two smaller trees this year to hold my 800+ ornaments. (I have been saying 800+ for three years now when it has to be 900+ now but that just sounds crazy to me so I am sticking to my 800+ and keeping away from being the crazy ornament lady!)
So I have searched for about a week at my favorite places online. Hey Balsam Hills it top of the line when it comes to pre-lite artificial trees. Anyway, even their 50% off is still very pricey. I have been kinda bummed about it. Then I got an email from QVC about Christmas in July and they showed a tree that was looking pretty good to me and I thought the price would be pretty pleasing to Mark. So I looked at it online and thought it was pretty nice with features that I like but I had to wait to see the demonstration on TV Saturday morning so I got up at 5am to do that. (FYI: I was a heavy QVC shopper about 15 years ago and had to stop watching)
So I liked it. Praying that I still like it in person. I ordered one multi color and one clear. I will miss my 9ft tree for its Grandeur but I know that the two 6 1/2 ft. trees will be better suited for me to decorate without getting up and down the ladder. They were at a special Christmas in July price last weekend so what better time to buy them!