Join us in Joyce's Hodgepodge!
1. It's been said that one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. Do you think that's true? Do you find that an easy exercise most mornings? What's something positive you told yourself today? If you missed that boat, what's something positive you could tell yourself tomorrow?
Sounds like a good plan, if only I could do it.
2. There will be karaoke at the next party you attend...are you in? Or will you be faking a sore throat?
I think I would give it a try.....I've never done it before.
3. January 29th is National Puzzle Day...what's something you've found puzzling recently?
4. Jigsaw, crossword, acrostic, logic, sudoku, word search...what's your favorite kind of puzzle, and when did you last work one?
I will say I love jigsaw puzzles the most but rarely get around to doing one. You might find me doing a word search or a super easy crossword from time to time.
5. Recently a writer by the name of Amy Glass ruffled feathers with a post she wrote saying she looks down on young women with husbands and kids and she's not sorry. Among other things, she says women will be equal with men when we stop saying house work and real work are equally important. You can read the whole piece by clicking here.
I'm not even going over to read it. What was shared so far makes me angry enough on its own.
What say you? Do you think men and women are equal in the 21st century? Why or why not?
I plead the 5th!
6. What's a product you've noticed in the grocery store that you'd like to try, but haven't yet?
I can't think of anything right now. Truthfully I am not in the grocery store very often. We do all our shopping at Costco and I pick some things up in between at Target or Trader Joe's.
7. The author, Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (aka Lewis Carroll) was born this week in 1832 (January 27th). Which character from his celebrated novel, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, would you most like to meet, and why? Here's a linkto a character list if you need help on this one.
I'm going to say The Queen of Hearts because you know I want to be a Queen.....but according to the description of her from the link I have to say I am acting like her right now!
The Queen of Hearts - The ruler of Wonderland. The Queen is severe and domineering, continually screaming for her subjects to be beheaded.
8. Insert your own random thought here.....
Well it took several hours but I managed to get my photos, documents and music downloaded to my new computer. I bought a transfer cable that works with the Windows transfer program. A few issues getting it to work but finally with emailing back and forth to the company I got it all sorted out.
That being said, the only thing that truly works without any issues are my photos. To play my music I had to download X-Box Music. Now I have to find something that will read my documents.
I have also worked with three different people to get my Norton 360 on this computer. It's there now but not linked with my current account. The woman I worked with on Monday for over an hour said try back in the afternoon, which meant she can't fix it.
Now if anyone knows how to get your Picasa 3 account onto a new computer let me know. All I can say is thank you to Sandra the MadSnapper who encouraged me months ago to set up Google Chrome because it is the one place on this new computer that feels like home.