Before I start I have to say that on Monday I hit a wrong button and "Marked All As Read" in my Feedly reader. Now that means that I will be around to read you but I have to go person to person to find out what I deleted and missed. So I will be around but it could take me a few weeks to get caught up.
Second is that I typed my whole Wednesday Hodgepodge page and was ready to publish it when it disappeared. So if this page is empty when you get here that means that it happened twice and I wasn't about to do it again. My travel Toshiba is about 4 years old so it's not as fast as new computers and since the keyboard is small sometimes I hit a wrong button by mistake!
Thank you Joyce, welcome back!
1. Since you weren't Hodgepodging last Wednesday, how did you pass the time?
I did a post on movie reviews and since we haven't had internet since June 6th it was nice that I didn't have to miss all my blog friends posts.
2. What's the first word that comes to mind when I say marriage? Yes, one word.
Love.....second word was compromise!
3. Summer officially arrives in the Northern hemishpere later this week. Does it feel like summer where you live? Describe your idea of the perfect summer day.
No not really, we have some pretty nice weather most of the year. Since I am in Orlando right now I would say yes....it is hot and humid!
Perfect summer day would be a BBQ with family, a cool breeze and watching fireworks from our back yard. With our view we can see fireworks from about 10 different towns.
4. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."(Sam Keen) Is laziness ever respectable? Do you have a lazy summer planned, or something semi-ambitious?
Actually no, I find that during the summer I get more done because I'm not as fixed on Prime-time TV shows which I tape and usually watch the next day in the morning!
5. Past or present, who's your favorite television dad? Why is he a favorite? Is he anything like your own dad?
My first thought was Father Knows Best, he was just so handsome and such a gentlemen. He reminds me most of my father. However I have to admit that I love many TV dads!
6. June 18th is International Picnic Day...share a favorite picnic memory.
I don't know if I have a favorite. It seems like when I was growing up we went on picnics at the Forest Preserve picnic areas quite often. It was the thing to do! I always enjoy playing games like egg or water balloon toss.
7. The travel site Trip Advisor lists the top five islands in the world for 2014 as-Ambergris Caye in Belize Cayes, Providenciales in Turks and Caicos, Bora Bora in French Polynesia, Marco Island Florida, and Lewis and Harris in The Outer Hebrides (Scotland). Have you been to any of these? Of those listed (and if price were not a factor) which would you most like to book for a holiday?
No I have not been to any of them and I'm going to pick Scotland because I would really like to visit there!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Okay this is kinda silly but I had a light bulb moment yesterday. I have been to Disney parks a few times over the last 10 year. Of course this could be almost any park where families go. I have always thought how awesome it must be to be a young child and be pushed around in a stroller. Seems like a great way to go through a park.
When I was walking around Downtown Disney yesterday I realized that I should be careful what I wish for because before you know it I might be pushed around in a wheel chair as I age. I realized that I am very thankful for the fact that I can walk around the park and I am no longer jealous of those children being pushed around the park!