You know what to do, just click on the button
and join Joyce's Hodgepodge today!
1. "Summer is like childhood. It's full of warm memories and gone too soon."~Kellie Elmore Agree or disagree? Share something you loved about the summers of your childhood.
I would have to agree with that and thank God for the memories. I loved going to my grandparents summer home in Union Pier, MI.
My fondest memory is about the little store in town that sold beach items, some clothes and a large variety of candy. I remember the sound of the screen door opening and the sound of the sandy floor beneath out feet.
2. Are you a fan of auto racing-NASCAR, Indy, Stock, Grand Prix, etc? Ever been to a race in person? Any desire to do this? Do you know a lot about cars? Do you notice particular makes and models when you're out and about?
I am not a fan but have seen a few races. Have never been in person but would like to go to one. What I would really like to do is race one of those cars. Yes I do notice makes and models when I am out and about.
3. What's something you think is too serious to be joked about? Or do you think anything and everything is fair game?
I do believe that some things are too serious to be joked about like death and cancer but it also depends on the situation and the people you are with. We all know that laughter can be some of the best medicine.
4. July 29th is National Lasagna Day. Are you a fan? Do you have a great recipe, and if so where did it come from? If given a choice would you choose a plate of lasagna or a plate of spaghetti?
Yes I am definitely a fan. I have a very simple recipe that my mother use to make. I would choose lasagna!
5. What's a simple pleasure you'd miss if it were not a regular part of your life?
My friend connections through Blogging and Facebook. Maybe that glass of wine at the end of a stressful day. Maybe that piece of cheesecake at the end of a special dinner out. Definitely the tradition of Friday night pizza which has been around since I was a young girl!
6. If you could be the CEO of any company, which would you choose?
That's a tough question......maybe Facebook, Google or McDonald's.
7. August is just around the bend...bid farewell to July in exactly seven words.
Vacation and engagement....you were so awesome!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My friend Christine who I surprised in Florida had this posted on her blog recently and I want to share it with you:
"Good news on Rea! After 4 cycles of chemo, she had a full body MIBG scan and an MRI scan of the knee. The lesions on the knee completely vanished, all gone and the fracture is healing nicely. The MIBG scan showed the primary tumor to have shrunk considerably and the surgeon is very confident that she can remove it completely. No other cancer cells were found." ......Amen!
Rea is having her surgery today so please keep her in your prayers!