Thank you Joyce.....
Click on over and join in the fun!
1. I'm celebrating a birthday this week so a question relating to aging feels appropriate. Douglas MacArthur is quoted as saying, 'You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair." Would you agree? If not why not?
I have read this over and over again.....I tend to agree with this quote!
2. What remarkable feat, interesting piece of trivia, or historical event occurred on your birth day and month? Not necessarily in your birthyear, just the same date/same month.
The list is pretty long starting in 2333BC going through to 2013....here are a few:
- 2333BC - The state of Gojoseon (Modern-day Korea) founded by Dangun Wanggeom during the reign of the Chinese Emperor Yao.
- 1954 - "Father Knows Best" premieres.
- 1955 - "Captain Kangaroo" premieres on CBS-TV, Good Morning, Captain!
- 1955 - "Mickey Mouse Club" premieres
- 2003 - Roy Horn of Siegfried & Roy is attacked by one of the shows tigers, canceling the show for good.
- 2008 - OJ Simpson found guilty of charges of kidnapping and armed robbery.
3. Describe a time or circumstance where you wanted to 'have your cake and eat it too.'
I think I do that everyday, I'm a dreamer! Actually I have something going on right now that could possibly go in the direction of 'have your cake and eat it too' or it can explode in my face. I will let you know.
4. What's something you do that makes you feel young? Something that makes you feel old
That's a hard one......I'm going to say that going to the Disney parks makes me feel young!
Something that makes me feel old.....all the time I've been spending at the doctor's office!
5. When did you last do something that was 'a piece of cake'?
Spent a day with Adam and Tristen, went to the Getty Villa and had a wonderful engagement celebration at Fogo De Chao's in Beverely Hills. I haven't even written a post about that day which was back on August 10th! The day was exactly how I had hoped it would be.
6. Beef, wine, and cheese all improve with age. What's something else you'd add to that list? (not necessarily food or beverage)
Compassion and understanding comes to mind.......
7. If I were to have a giveaway when we hit Volume 200, what should I give away? By my calculations we'll hit Volume 200 on November 26th, the day before Thanksgiving, which means whoever wins would have whatever it is in time for Christmas.
Movie tickets, Amazon gift card, Cheryl's cookies.....okay I could type a list that would be endless. I am sure whatever you choose would be appreciated by the winner!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This is our long weekend in Chicago, IL. We will be mainly in Brookfield and staying in Oak Brook. We have a tour of our high school on Friday night, followed by an evening at a local pub. I believe their is also a football game going on if we want to attend.
Saturday evening is a dinner at a restaurant in LaGrange. Should be an awesome weekend. Also meeting some friends for dinner tonight, along with having dinner tomorrow night with Mark's brother Jimmy and his wife Caprice. (My BIL & SIL) Can't wait to see everyone.
Brookfield, IL ~ Established in 1909
That's me in the second row-second person.
That's Mark in the first row-second person.
We return home on Sunday. I don't know if I will be reading posts or not. We do have some free time. Thinking that maybe on Saturday we can visit the Brookfield Zoo which is located behind our High School and is one of the country's largest and most respected zoo's.