1. Share a favorite moment from your Christmas holiday celebration.
I'm going to say it was when Adam and Tristen told us that they would like to spend the night the next day. It gave us one more evening of loving them and not having to say our goodbyes on Christmas Day.
That also put them an hour earlier to their destination of seeing the Grand Canyon and continuing on to Flagstaff for the night. Actually they should arrive in Pittsburgh today and be in their rented house for New Year's Eve.
Did I tell you about this house? It is huge. A professor was leaving for a year and was renting out her home. The heating bill alone in the winter is $1,500! (The rent is super low) They decided to rent it for 4 months to see how they would like it. This would give them an opportunity to look for an apartment or home to buy and if by chance they like it they can rent it for the rest of the year. It even comes with a free cleaning lady!
2. What would you say has been the biggest news event during your life so far?
Really, that's a hard one, there have been so many big ones during my life. Not sure I could pick one. You have JFK's assassination, Nixon was impeached, the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Chernobyl, Mount St. Helen's, Tsunami in Tialand 2004 and Japan 2011, Sandy Hook Elementary 2012 and of course 9/11 in 2001.....the list is endless.
3. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2015 is Marsala. What say you-like or no like? Would I find this color anywhere in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade to either?
You will not find this color in my house but it is a color I like for blush and lipstick!
4. Would you rather meet your ancestors or your great grandchildren? Explain why.
Well I am going to say my great grandchildren since I don't have any grandchildren yet which weighs heavy on my heart at my age. My sister has enjoyed grandchildren for 19 years now.
5. Share one life lesson learned in 2014?
You can not change people no matter how much you try or want to help them. Also you have to love what you have before it is gone so picking on little things is a waste of time!
6. What was your best or favorite purchase made in 2014?
I'm sure I have one and when I remember I will let you know.....
7. What is one thing you're looking forward to in the new year?
Happiness in every corner of my life and trusting in God's plan for me. I have to share this with you: I've been feeling sorry for myself with Adam & Tristen moving away but the truth is that I have to be thankful in all things. How can I possibly feel sad for myself when so many other's have their children living in Heaven! Adam & Tristen are here on earth and that is a huge blessing from God.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
MAY LOVE AND HAPPINESS SURROUND YOU IN 2015!