Thank you Joyce.
Head on over to Joyce's blog and join in!
1. What's on your September calendar? Anything fun?
We have a trip planned at the end of the month. We will leave on the 28th and Mark will be making a few business calls. Then we will end up in Pittsburgh on Thursday afternoon to see Adam and Tristen and celebrate my 64th birthday with them on Saturday October 3rd! We return home that Sunday.
2. You might be described as a natural born _______?
Worrier....it runs in our family!
3. September is National Courtesy Month...what one act of courtesy would you most like to see more of in your home, town, or the world at large?
Respect here at home would be nice and I guess that could go for the world too. People need to have compassion for others and respect for each other along with respect for the foundation that our country was built on.
4. Eager beaver, chicken out, clam up, or let the cat out of the bag...of the phrases listed, which one have you related to most recently?
I think it is a tie between chicken out and clam up!
5. What's your movie theatre snack protocol? Do you chow down on snacks during the previews or wait until the movie begins? Do you buy snacks or refuse to pay those kind of prices? What's the last movie you saw in a theatre? How many thumbs up would you give it?
I often go on Tuesday when it is free popcorn day with your rewards card. I have been eating popcorn, no butter and I get a bottled water. If I am carrying a bigger purse I may bring a small water with me and get the free courtesy water at the counter.
I try to wait for the movie to start but they have a million coming attractions! Also did you know that popcorn is now considered a good carb?
Since I am typing this on Tuesday morning the last movie I saw was She's Funny That Way which was also released to On Demand on the same day. It was entertaining and I would give it 3 1/2 stars. I will however be seeing The Diary of a Teenage Girl this afternoon. (Tuesday)
6. Henry Ford is quoted as saying, "Nobody can think straight who does not work. Idleness warps the mind." Agree or disagree? Why?
I'm not sure but I do know that idleness will let your mind think things up or fabricate scenario's. If your keeping busy your mind doesn't have as much time for that!
7. What's the last job you completed or task you performed where you had to 'work like a dog' until it was finished?
I didn't work like a dog but Mark and Amber worked for 8 hours straight moving furniture around to set up the guest room a few weeks ago. I can't work like a dog anymore with my lung situation which saddens me.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So speaking of the guest room.....when Amber and Dylan moved in over 5 years ago we gave them the two front bedrooms. One as their bedroom and one as an office/TV room. So we took the bedspread from one of the beds and used it on our King bed. Wasn't perfect because it was a Queen but it kinda worked.
A few weeks ago Mark took it to the cleaners to be laundered. Didn't even realize at the time that we were doing up a guest room. So that bed needed its quilt back which was kinda awesome that it was out being cleaned.
I had wanted to get a new quilt for several years but just hated spending the money which was silly because I'm always spending money on things.
Anyway I found a quilt on Zulily a few weeks ago that was only 85 dollars. It is a light weight one in hues of green. It has the cutest scalloped edges and also has two shams which are not in the photo.
So I finally have a new quilt that didn't cost much at all yet I love it! When you have a dog who jumps on the bed I just hate to spend hundreds of dollars on bedding.
So when Joyce asked about something that was easy as ABC a few weeks ago I mentioned that I was hoping that my new wireless all-in-one printer would set up that way.
It arrived and I waited over a week to tackle it. My last one was also wireless but let me say that 9 more years of technology made this one a breeze to set up. Yes it was as easy as ABC........