Thank you Joyce!
1. What does retirement mean to you? Are you planning for it, not thinking about it, looking forward to it, or dreading it?
I believe that retirement is a time to sit back and enjoy the ride. Travel, relax and enjoy each day to the fullest. Yes we are planning for it although I wish we had started planning earlier in our lives. I am looking forward to it because we will move and downsize which I'm a bit excited about. I am only dreading the fact that we will be living on a budget which is something I'm not used to.
2. It's International Guitar Month...do you play? Does anyone in your family play? What's a song you especially like to hear played on the guitar or a favorite song featuring the guitar?
No I do not play and no one in our family plays. I'm not sure about a favorite song so I searched for a list and found this one. I'm going with two from this list because they are definitely favorites of mine and I still listen to them often. "More Than Words" from Extreme and "To Be With You" from Mr. Big.
3. What's your comfort food?
You mean besides a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup???? I am going to go with Mushroom Risotto from Mario's Place and also some great Chicago Pizza's. Aurelio's, L'Oven, Gino's Deep Dish and Lou Malnati's Deep Dish which we order frozen. I couldn't find my photo of Barone's Pizza in Downers Grove, IL.
4. What's one activity or area of your life where you absolutely never procrastinate?
I would have to say taking my medications. Not an activity but a must each day. I'm on 9 prescriptions.
5. Who does the grocery shopping in your house? Does your local store bag the groceries for you or is it a do-it-yourself kind of place? Do you like someone packing your groceries?
I do the smaller grocery shopping each week but Mark goes with me to do the big Costco shopping. Yes our local store bags the groceries. I don't mind people bagging my groceries but I do know that I can do a way better job then most of them do!
6. What's the coolest thing you've seen in nature?
I know that I have seen many cool things in nature but what first came to mind is when our dog Abby had 12 puppies back in 1980.
If your talking about something outside I will go with Old Faithful at Yellowstone National Park.
7. Share a favorite quote about home.
Source: This picture was drawn by Erika Aoyama on November 16, 2002
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm assuming there are a few people out there who are fans of Person of Interest. It will be back on May 3rd for the fifth and final season on CBS. They will be airing the 13 episodes on Monday's and Tuesday's until June 21st.
I also want to apologize to everyone who is doing the A-Z Blog Challenge. Many of the people I follow are doing the Challenge which make it is very difficult for me to read everyone each day. I may pick one of two of yours to read but I don't think I can stop by daily.