Join in the fun!
As always, thank you Joyce...
1. How did you welcome the month of July, and tell us one fun thing you did to celebrate the 4th. (or the weekend for any non-USA residents playing along today)
I arrived back in California about 1 hour before July 1st so I guess you could say I welcomed in the month by sleeping in my own bed!
We ended up cooking out on the 3rd and the 4th of July. Amber had to work on Monday so we had a double celebration. On the 4th we watched the fireworks from all the surrounding towns from our own backyard.
2. Right now..what's your favorite red thing? white thing? blue thing?
A glass of Red Pinot Noir, my White Birkenstock Sandles and the Blue Sky.......
3. Wave the white flag, raise a red flag, fly your freak flag...which 'flag' have you flown most recently? Explain.
I'm going with "raise a red flag", warning my family about a few things that they didn't do while I was gone!
4. According to Cond Nast Traveler these are the seven best places to visit in July-
a boat safari in Botswanna's Okavango Delta, Riviera Maya Mexico (it's whale shark season and apparently you can swim with them), Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons, Pamploma Spain, St. Petersburg Russia, the Fuji Rock Festival at Mount Naeba Japan, the Salzburg Festival in Salzburg Austria
If time and money weren't factors would you want to see any/all of these? Which would you most like to see and why?
I'm very content with staying in the states right now so I will go with the Grand Tetons. I have been to Yellowstone but it has literally been over 30 years ago.
5. Grilled cheese, pimento cheese, or mac and cheese...your favorite from the cheesy treats listed?
My favorite would be a grilled cheese sandwich.
6. What makes you sweat?
The humidity in Florida makes me sweat! Sometimes you forget how horrible humidity is after living in California for 28 years.
7. Your favorite movie with a 'patriotic' theme of some sort?
I absolutely love Independence Day, the original and I watched it over the weekend. I am also a huge fun of White House Down, I watch it all the time.....
However there are so many great ones:
Saving Private Ryan
The National Treasure Movies
8. Insert your own random thought here.