Thank you Joyce.
1. I read here four creative activities to try this month. They were-calligraphy, make your own cookbook, dance or learn a new type of dance, and letter writing. Which activity on the list appeals to you most? Will you add it to your August?
Calligraphy appeals to me, I've always thought it was beautiful but I doubt I'll be doing that anytime soon.
2. Bertrand Russell is quoted as saying, 'To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.' Agree or disagree? Explain.
I agree for the most part but isn't there always something we want? After you get that thing are you always happy? When is it okay to just be content?
3. August 17th is National Thriftshop Day...are you a 'thrifter'? If so, tell us about one of your best or favorite finds.
No I am not a thrifter. I can hardly shop at those stores like T.J. Maxx and Marshalls. I need everything to be organized and definitely new.
4. On a scale of 1-10 (with 1= almost none and 10=loads) how would you rate your sense of wanderlust? What kicks your wanderlust into high gear?
I am probably an 8. It comes in spurts and it is usually after I watch something about a place I have never been.
5. Has life felt more like a marathon or sprint so far this month? How so?
I guess I would go with a sprint. Did a whole lot of that running from place to place in New York last week!
6. What do you need to get a jump on before fall officially arrives?
Nothing in particular except the same old cleaning out of closets, cabinets, dressers and drawers.
7. What's the last thing you did with friends or family where you lost track of time?
I can't think of anything specific other than staying up late and watching the Olympics!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Our last view of New York
taking off from LaGuardia on Sunday.....
and of course Central Park which
we could see each day from our room!