FYI: Remember the question from last week about stars? Just wanted to let you know that August 10 - 13 is when you want to be looking up at the evening sky for the dramtic Perseid meteor showers lighting up the sky in the wee hours with hundreds of falling stars. It will be especially bright this year because the moon will set as the action starts. (From Redbook Magazine)
1. The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week...what's one thing you could do this week to qualify as a participant?
I could clean out a closet and get rid of a lot of items I don't need anymore.
2. It's also National Peach Month...peach pie, peach cobbler, or please pour me aBellini? What's your peach pleasure?
I am not a huge fan of peaches, but I would prefer to eat my peach fresh, don't care for them cooked unless they are a peach dumpling from my childhood with dry cottage cheese, butter and a sprinkling of sugar!
Would look something like this:
3. Eleanor Roosevelt once wrote, "Do one thing every day that scares you." Agree or disagree...explain.
Heck no, each day on its own scares me enough!
4. What's your favorite household chore? Yes-you have to name one.
Really??? Putting away the clean laundry. That doesn't include washing them!
5. Fodors recently listed (what they've dubbed) the ten most beautiful sunset spots in America: Butterfly Beach in Santa Monica CA, Mount Haleakala in Maui HI, Old Fort Marcy Park in Santa Fe NM, Laguna Beach CA, Hopi Point in Grand Canyon AZ, Four Seasons in Miami FL, Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica CA, Gay Head in Martha's Vineyard MA, Ensign Peak in Salt Lake City UT, and Mallory Square in Key West Florida. Have you seen the sun set from any of these spots? If you could choose to watch the sun set this weekend from one spot on the Fodors List, which would you choose? Where was the prettiest sunset you've ever seen?
I have seen the sun set in Laguna Beach, Grand Canyon, and the Santa Monica Pier. I would love to see the sun set at Martha's Vineyard. I have seen so many beautiful sunsets across the country but I do remember being in Colorado 40 years ago on a trip and enjoyed gorgeous sunsets for several days in a row. I think the reason it was so memorable was because we were living in Illinois and it was my first experience of sunsets in the mountains. Now I see them every night!
6. What's your favorite or most used app? If you don't use apps how about your favorite or most visited website?
I guess I would have to say Facebook on my phone. I also use Google Search all the time.
7. We've recently passed the halfway mark for 2013...write a seven word sentence that sums up your year thus far.
It has been joyous, painful and beautiful.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The Doctor is in: I had my follow-up appointment with the Cardiologist on Monday. All is well with my heart. It is pumping good and no blockages which I was so happy to hear. The doctor I first meet with back in early June is no longer in the office but he actually wasn't the doctor I was referred to so I meet the man who is my doctor.
I explained to him how my issue started on May 30th before my trip to Las Vegas and that I went to my regular doctor and then I got into his office the next day which was a week after it started. I shared with him how I traveled to Florida for 3 weeks, came home and took the first test, went to Mammoth Lakes for a week and then had the second test. I told him what my thoughts were on my diagnoses.
So I went over all the details of what I felt and what I researched. I told him that I thought I had Acute Pericarditis. We went over this for quite awhile as he typed on his computer. Then he took his glasses off and looked at me with a smirk on his face and his eyes filled with amazement saying "I'm impressed, you made a great diagnosis, I think that is exactly what you had!" (It is a virus that runs its course in about six weeks and they are not sure why people get it)
He said that my ultrasound showed a very, very thin layer of liquid around my heart which would make him think I was right. It was done 5 weeks later and it would have been almost healed by then. When he saw that layer he didn't think it was anything to worry about. So like I said, THE DOCTOR IS IN: If you need some help with a diagnoses just let me know :) I have a degree in Google Search......