Join Joyce in her Wednesday Hodgepodge
It's fun....what are you waiting for?
1. Are you settling for something?
I feel that I am but that is all I can say :(
2. It wasn't that long ago almost every store in the US locked doors and turned out lights on Thanksgiving Day. This year many will be open all day Thursday, giving shoppers a jump start on 'Black Friday'. In your opinion is this a good thing or a not so good thing? Will you be shopping on Thanksgiving Day?
I think it is very sad. I understand that there are people who don't gather for Thanksgiving for different reasons who may want to shop but I think it is a day just to sit back, relax and reflect. I will not be shopping on Thanksgiving day or Black Friday.
3. Speaking of shopping... I saw a recent article on the twelve best shopping cities in the world. In order they are- New York, Tokyo, London, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, Vienna, Dubai, Madrid, Milan, and Seoul. Ever shopped in any of the cities listed? In which city would you most like to pull out the plastic or cold hard cash?
I have shopped in London and can't wait to shop there again someday but in the mean time I would love to shop in New York!
4. When did you last dine by candlelight?
It's been a while since we have done that at home, however the SHe by Morton's that we ate at in Vegas was very dark with a candle on the table. I was actually thankful I had a little tiny mini flashlight with me....LOL!
5. What do you have too much of?
After working on my two trees recently, still having my miniature tree to do and 3 small trees to do which hold all my snowman ornaments I realize that I truly have too many ornaments. It's a bit crazy and I add about 40 each year and this year it felt like work. However now that they are done I just love sitting and admiring them, they are a piece of artwork to me!
6. The Hunger Games...are you a fan? Did you read the book(s)? Will you/have you seen the movie? Will you/have you seen Catching Fire? No spoilers please!
Huge fan, did not read the books. Yes I saw Catching Fire last Friday, it was amazing. Hoping to go see it again and don't forget Hallmark has an ornament this year!
7. Share your plans for Thanksgiving Day. The who, the where, the what...especially the what! As in what's for dinner? If you're one of my International visitors, whose homeland doesn't celebrate American Thanksgiving (the whole world doesn't ya know!), then still tell us your plans for Thursday.
Mark, Adam, Amber, hopefully Tristen and me here at our house. (Tristen is busy preparing, flying and interviewing for jobs. She gets her Doctorate in 2014 and has been interviewing across the country for a position)
We will have butternut squash soup, turkey, dressing, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, corn, cranberry sauce, olives, gravy and Adam is making bread. Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin Cheesecake for dessert. Of course for those who don't like cheesecake they can have a Root Beer Float!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Amber and I went to see The Best Man Holiday (IMDB) yesterday afternoon. Absolutely loved this movie. It's a little bit naughty and a whole lot of nice.....along with laughter and tears. Of course Taye Diggs is so cute and Terrance Howard is pretty hot too! I know I will buy this one when it comes out on DVD.
"When college friends reunite after 15 years over the Christmas holidays, they will discover just how easy it is for long-forgotten rivalries and romances to be ignited."