Thank you Joyce.
To play along click HERE!
1. It's Mickey Mouse's birthday (November 18)...happy birthday Mickey! He reads here, right? Have you ever been to Disney, any of the parks at all? Are you a Disney superfan or something less than that? They're open right now so tell us, would you go if you had the time/money/a free trip?
I am less than a superfan. Yes we have been to Disneyland and Disney World. Enjoyed Disneyland with the kids and my dad one year. Also enjoyed Disneyland with the kids as adults. Mark doesn't join in the fun but I'm hoping he will go with James at some point. Disneyland is not open in California!
We did Disney World with the kids when they were younger. So much fun and so big. I spent some time at Disney World three years in a row, several years ago when Mark would go to a convention in Orlando. Best time! All by myself I visited almost all of the parks there.
2. Your favorite place to go when you want to be quiet as a church mouse? Would those who know you well describe you as more churchmouse or perhaps more like mighty mouse?
I don't think I have a favorite place unless it was at the beach. I am definitely more of a Mighty Mouse!
3. The day before Mickey's birthday happens to be National Homemade Bread Day. Did/will you celebrate? Do you bake your own bread? Last time you had hot out-of-the-oven homemade bread? What's your favorite kind of bread?
We did not celebrate. Since Mark retired 2 years ago he likes to bake bread. I use to bake bread but now I mainly bake the Bohemian Hoska (sweet bread) which I am actually making next week (hopefully) to take to Arizona.
Mark has been on a kick with take and bake bread from Sprouts. I love a sourdough bread but have never baked any. The best is in Bishop California at Erick Schat's Bakery.
4. What's something you might say is 'the greatest thing since sliced bread'?
I'm going with the Keurig coffee maker. I also like the ice dispenser from the refrigerator and a crockpot but those have been around for awhile now. I could say a Google Nest but we have since unplugged ours. It was fun for awhile.
5. Let's keep the gratitude theme we started last week rolling on through November. Share with us five little things you're grateful for today. Small blessings. One catch-they all must start with the letter T. Gotta keep us thinking, right?
I apologize but I can't answer this today. We are going through a rough patch right now. Our daughters depression is in a deep place right now.
Also Adam, Gabby and James were exposed to Covid-19. They are quarantined for 14 days. So far they are okay. Adam and Gabby will be tested this week. James' doctor will only test if he shows signs of illness.
This mom is struggling right now. I also want to apologize if I don't get around to reading blog posts.
I can say that I am thankful for a Test Result that happened to came in on Sunday morning which cancelled our plans to go to see James that evening because we could have possibly been exposed too.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Happy 69th Birthday to my husband Mark!
I love you. oxox
He always wants turkey for his birthday dinner and it always falls close to Thanksgiving so I'm never really in the mood but we actually did a dinner last week Thursday. Just the two of us. It was delicious and we had leftovers on Saturday.
We will probably try one more time but this might be our
Christmas picture this year. We did this on October 17th.