Join in the fun. Just click on the Random Dozen above.
1. How good are you at delaying gratification? I'm not really sure, I usually want things yesterday!
2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting? I think that Chicago Gino's pizza would be tempting.
3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you? I am usually a 9.
4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.? Yes.
5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts? Sure if the end result is the same.
6. Which line is hardest to wait in? Post office. I am always prepared and no one else seems to know what they are doing.
7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth? I didn't have a choice at the time but if I was having a child today I would wait until its birth.
8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly? I know that I was patient with my aunt. I haven't been around small children in awhile but I am sure I would be patient.
9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present? NEVER
10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything? I waited six years to get my husband back.
11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other? ME, hands down!
12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.)
A) Anticipation by Carly Simon
B) The Waiting by Tom Petty
C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James
I'm not sure I know most of them. I am sure I have heard them but the only one I remember is Anticipation so that is my vote.
So head on over to 2nd Cup of Coffee.