Thank you Joyce. Click here to join in!
1. Let's start with something controversial...dressing or stuffing? What's it called at your house and what's included in your recipe...cornbread? oysters? sausage? chestnuts?
We call it stuffing. Actually I started using Pepperidge Farm cubed years ago and we love it!
2. Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?
I cannot think of anyone. Years ago at a party they put Joan Rivers on my back for me to guess in a game. That is who I reminded them of. I use to be really funny!
3. When were you last inside an airport?
July 1st when I returned home from Europe.
4. What is one side dish that absolutely must be included in a turkey dinner?
Mashed potatoes, with some corn to mix into it if you want. Our family kinda likes to do that!
5. What Christmas song do you dread hearing?
Something really silly like "Grandma got run over by a reindeer."
6. If someone approaches you and asks for money do you give it to them? Do you drop money 'in a tin cup' that belongs to a person on the street? Do you have a specific charity you support during the holiday season and/or year round?
I do and I don't. Years ago I gave someone money and I saw him go into the liquor store with it. I try to keep extra bottled water in the car and hand that out. Lately I have started to give out a dollar here & there. I know times are hard and I am lucky to have what I have. I usually do the L.A.Mission each year for Thanksgiving but I didn't get around to mailing a donation in this year.
7. Share a favorite Thanksgiving memory. If you live in a country that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving share a favorite memory associated with food.
Well this one is funny and a little sick. So my husband and I were divorced at that time. I decided to go to Wisconsin to visit with my brother and his partner for Thanksgiving. They could not get their oven to turn on that day. They ended up getting a plug in roaster from a neighbor to make the turkey. They also called out a service man on Thanksgiving! Well as it turned out when they cleaned their stove because we were coming they put the knobs on wrong. Thankfully the gas man was very nice and didn't charge them for the service call. We had a great laugh over it. Also during that visit my son threw up all over the comforter on the bed and the sheets. They ended up throwing it all in the basement and eventually put it all in the trash! Now that is a Thanksgiving to remember.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I felt the need to clarify something from last weeks Wednesday Hodgepodge. Most people said that they will not decorate until after Thanksgiving. Me too! I said my tree was going up last weekend but that's all, I wasn't going to start to decorate it. I like to take time to fluff the branches, however my family wanted to wait until Thanksgiving to put it up so I am still without my tree up!
Happy Thanksgiving to you!