Thank you Joyce :)
1. Turkey-love it or leave it? White meat or dark? What's your favorite thing to make using leftover turkey?
Love it! I enjoy the white meat. Other than just heating up a whole repeat plate from Thanksgiving I would have to say a turkey sandwich with Miracle Whip. (which I won't have because of my low carb diet)
2. Gotta burn off all those carbs the day after a holiday feast so which would you rather do-run a 10K or climb a mountain?
I won't be eating many carbs on my plate but I will say climb a mountain. (if I actually could do that!)
3. Do you feel like social networking has made your relationships better or worse? Explain.
I am going to say better. I have never been one to make phone calls so now I get to email my brother everyday and communicate with my nieces on Facebook. Only wish my sister would join in :(
4. How do you find and express gratitude for the hard things in your life?
I'm not sure if I know how to answer this one. I would have to say that I seek out God and I also thank Him for all that he gives me.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV)
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
5. In the US, the day after Thanksgiving has been dubbed 'Black Friday'. Is most of your holiday shopping done live and in person, or is it done more through the magic of the Internet? How do you feel about stores opening at midnight Thanksgiving night? Will you be out amongst the masses on Friday?
They should not open on Thursday evening. I never shop the day after Thanksgiving. I think going out in the crowds is crazy. I didn't do it 40 years ago either, not my thing. I do a lot of shopping online but mainly because my children give me links to things that they want. I will go out and do other shopping and I do buy things throughout the year. I have 25 people out of town that I use to shop for, wrap and ship but now I send gift cards to all of them. I am not done but I'm not stressed about it, I know what I need to get, just have to do it!
6. Speaking of the color black-which black item in your wardrobe would you say is your favorite?
I don't have many things in black. I do own a really cute sweater jacket so I will say that.
7. What do you appreciate about your life today?
I definitely love that I am fortunate enough to be able to be home each day. I appreciate having adult children who love me and are also my best friends. (of course I love them too) I appreciate the fact that I can do some traveling with Mark and I'm thrilled when he asks me to join him.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Seeing "Miracle on 34th Street." on the big screen was so much fun. Mark went with me last Friday and he loved it. He, unlike me, hasn't seen it in a very, very long time. It was the original 1947 B&W film. I have to admit that when the music started and you see Kris Kringle walking down the street this overwhelming happiness came over me and I started crying. This Friday we will be seeing "It's a Wonderful Life."