As always....thank you Joyce!
1. This is the last Hodgepodge in April. Share something you learned this month.
Each day is a challenge, life happens so you must take time for yourself whenever possible.
2. It's National Poetry Month, and we all know you can't escape an April Hodgepodge without a little poetry. Keeping the first line as is, change the rest of the wording in this familiar rhyme to make it your own - 'Hickory Dickory Dock...
I must go find my frock
It is time for me to go
Before I miss the show
Hickory Dickory Dock
3. What were one or two rules in the home you grew up in? Growing up, did you feel your parents were strict? Looking back do you still see it that way?
I don't remember any rules. My parents were not strict. I don't have a lot of memories of my early life but the memories I have are from my early teen years. My father worked nights at the movie theater he managed.
My mother was depressed and I believe she was drinking so she was not very social. No one pushed me to do homework or anything. They were lucky, we were good kids! The only reason I made it through school is because the teacher's liked me and didn't have the heart not to pass me.
I do remember church being a very important part of my parents life yet no one talked about God in the house. However I do have fond memories of church and the pastor always coming over to visit with my dad.
4. Tell us about a kitchen or cooking disaster or mishap you've experienced. Do you have many from which to choose?
I do remember when Mark and I were traveling once and I burned popcorn in our cabin. It was a horrible smell that would not leave!
Last year I had two experiences with boiling eggs until the water was gone and the eggs exploded. Needless to say I never ever leave the kitchen now when I hard boil eggs!
5. Plant a kiss, plant doubt, plant a tree, plant yourself somewhere...which on the list have you most recently planted?
I'll go with "plant a kiss."
6. What's your most worn item of clothing this time of year? Are you tired of it?
I can't come up with anything other than a sweater I wear around the house when I feel chilled and yes I am tired of it. This has been our chillest year yet and actually the heat turned on this morning!!!
7. I'm wrapping up the A-Z Blog Challenge this month and our Hodgepodge lands on letter W. What's one word beginning with W that describes you in some way? How about a word to describe your home, also beginning with W?
Me - Worrier
Home - Wonderful
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Thought this was funny.....