Thank you Joyce.
Click on the button to join in!
1. Picture postcards were first printed back in the mid-1800's and deltiology is the official name for postcard collecting. When did you last send a postcard? Receive one? Do you save postcards sent to you? Do you collect and/or send postcards when you travel?
I sent out postcards two years ago from London and Paris. Can't remember the last on I received but I often save them. I do have a collection of a few that I have bought over the years on vacation.
2. What treat do you most like to indulge in while on vacation?
Well when we vacation each summer to Mammoth Lakes we indulge in bread from the famous Schat's Bakery in Bishop, CA. They also have a smaller shop in Mammoth Lakes and I like to buy the large macaroons half dipped in chocolate. (It is on a small paper plate) We also go to the next town called Lee Vining and get an soft serve ice cream at Mono Cone!
3. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
Maybe in public but certainly not at home. Of course the older I get the less I care about what others think.
4. Does your town/city/county still deliver telephone books to your home? Do you check the yellow pages when searching for a local business number or has the internet replaced the phone book in your home?
Yes they do still deliver telephone books here. We seldom use it but that is mainly because we haven't needed to. I do believe we would search the interenet if needed.
5. Would you rather be first or last?
First is okay with me but of course this is a trick question. Not knowing what it's for makes me feel I would want to go last :)
6. July is National Park and Recreation Month (in America, but everyone can still play along)...where and when were you last in a park? Did you participate in any recreational activities while you were there?
Well we were just in the Inyo National Forest in Mammoth Lakes. We stay in a cabin on Lake George and we rented a boat to go fishing on the lake. Funny story to come! We also went to Bodie California State Historic Park and Inyo National Forest Ancient Bristlecone Forest. I will blog about them soon.
7. What was one of your worst ideas?
Well yesterday I thought I would play around and try to transfer some pictures from my phone and all it did was duplicate my pictures on the phone. Pictures from Florida and Mammoth Lakes, not older ones. So I went through and deleted the duplicates only I apparently deleted the originals so none of the pictures can be sent anywhere else. I have most of them on my camera but not all of them. It made me really mad!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Getting home from vacation I usually feel a little sad. I love my home but I love being on vacation a lot! I'm not ready to settle into the routine of housework. Also I applied for Social Security yesterday online so now I'm really down and feeling really old.