1. What's something people might ask you for help with?
As a rule I am often a person who people like to talk to when they have personal problems with life. I can usually see both side of a situation and have been told that I make them feel better.
2. What's something you might ask someone else for help with?
Well I do have a few people that I discuss my own personal issues with. Just because I can work through others issues that doesn't mean I'm good with my own.
3. Did your family take summer vacations when you were a child? If so, where did you go? If you're a parent, did/do you plan summer vacations with your own family? Did/do they resemble those you took as a child?
My father's parents had a home in Union Pier, MI that we spent our summers at. It wasn't right on the beach but we did go to the beach often. They never owned a home before but did build this sweet little home that we enjoyed for many years in the summer. ( I always wondered how/why they choose Union Pier but recently I came across a great article that talked about many Bohemians living there)
My father had a summer home on Huntley Lake near Antioch, IL which my children enjoyed for many years. When we moved to California 25 years ago we did go back for a few weeks each summer for several years. For the last 18 years we have been going to Mammoth Lakes, CA which our children also enjoyed each year. I love traditions!
4. Pool-lake-ocean...which one is most appealing to you on a hot summer day
I love the ocean but I will choose a pool for a refreshing dip without getting all sandy!
5. Have you ever justified using the expression, 'you gotta be cruel to be kind'? Was it really necessary or were you rationalizing?
No I can't remember myself every using that expression.
6. The Journal of Psychology recently mentioned the results of a survey identifying the ten most hated foods as-liver, lima beans, mayonnaise, mushrooms, eggs, okra, beets, brussel sprouts, tuna, and gelatin. Of those foods, how many do you actually hate? Anything you'd add to the list?
I don't hate any of them. I don't eat liver but I use to like Braunschweiger liver sausage.
7. What's your favorite book or movie set in a beach or lake town?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We arrived home yesterday around 5 pm from our annual trip to Mammoth Lakes, CA.
It was a great week!