Monday, March 13, 2017

UPDATE ON ME

I'LL HAVE WHAT HE'S HAVING....NOT!

Well I was lucky enough to catch what my dad has or something somewhere else, never the less I am sick too. However I have all the medications I need to get better quickly. Because of my COPD I am allowed to keep steroids and a Z-pak with me and of course I have my nebulizer which helps a lot when your really congested. 

But that isn't what my update is about. My update is about my knee surgery. Let me remind you that I tripped last May in the movie theater. Went to see my primary doctor before my trip to Florida for my Dad's birthday and we decided to wait it out with some pain medication if needed.  (Found out since that the pain wasn't from my fall)

The knee didn't bother me much in Florida or in New York. Didn't even have to use a knee brace. It wasn't until I came out of the hospital in August that it started to hurt a lot. That is when I got the knee x-ray and a referral to an orthopedic doctor. I had the steroid injection and also we tried the 3 gel injections but neither one worked.

I did find out that one of my newer medications can cause arthritis to flare up. I never had an issue before. What I did with my follow up appointment after the gel injections was to see a different doctor in the office for a second opinion. I was not real fond of the other doctor I saw. He said I would just have to live with it. 

My follow up with the other doctor was on December 20th. I am walking bone on bone and he is not afraid to operate on me with my two chronic illnesses. 

In the mean time our primary doctor had changed medical groups and we changed with him because we have been seeing him for over 25 years and we really like him. He is one of those doctors that you never, and I mean never have to wait for. 

So I get a call about scheduling the surgery and they said I understand you are paying the 20% portion of your bill because we are not in that medical group that your doctor changed too. No I'm not! Mark was told that if we change groups with the doctor they will honor our referrals. 

I now have 3 referral doctor's that I can no longer see. I did however see one doctor that I really liked at the hospital from my hospital stay and paid cash to see him. He is awesome, he recommended the doctor I went to see for the second opinion on my knee and he refilled all my prescriptions from all of my doctor's for a year from my mail order service! 

I know this is long, sorry about that. So we were told we could try a continued service form to get it still done with the doctor I like. We faxed it over in on January 3rd. I should have followed through sooner but they also said it could take three months for approval. Well guess what, they claim they never received it. So before I left for Florida, a week ago last Thursday, I hand delivered it to his office. 

As it turns out it is now approved with a few details to work out. He can do the surgery, get paid and I can see him in the follow up visits until he releases me. All other things that need to be done regarding the surgery like rehab, etc will have to be coordinated through my primary doctor. 

So as soon as I get all of that worked out with my primary doctor when I get home and work it into Mark's travel schedule from so he can help me out, I will be getting my knee replaced.

I also believe that everything happens for a reason and if it had gone through sooner I would never have been able to fly to see my dad after he fell or here helping him now.......

16 comments:

Ann said...

I have to agree with you about everything happens for a reason. Normally when I get annoyed with a situation I try to remind myself of that.
As for insurance companies I think they make everything more difficult than it has to be. If you're paying for insurance it should cover you wherever you go and with whatever doctor you feel comfortable with. In a perfect world that's how it would work...lol

Little Penpen said...

How frustrating and what a mess to go through!! But I agree that God's timing is always perfect. I do hope you and your dad can both feel better soon!! Best wishes!!

MadSnapper said...

I was glad to see a happy ending in the doctor story, that is a miracle for them to approve it. so glad you are approved. hope your knee is doing ok now until you can get it replaced. all that cooking you have been doing would kill my back and knee. hope yours is not harmed by it.

betty said...

Good that you will be able to get your surgery, Debby. I too agree everything happens for a reason in God's timing and will. Hopefully you will make a quick recovery following it.

Betty

Chatty Crone said...

I agree with the rest - God's timing is best. You got to see your dad. Hey and get well before you have it girlfriend! Did you say when you were going to have it? Get some salt air - does that help? Sandie

Mara said...

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Cathy said...

I hope you get over this cold or whatever really quickly. Glad to hear you are getting things worked out and will be having that knee surgery soon. Take care girl and I'll be praying.

Anonymous said...

You are right that everything happens for a reason. Hopefully all is on schedule now for your knee surgery to take place. xoxo

Mevely317 said...

How incredibly frustrating this medical 'cake walk' game you've had to play! 'Have to applaud your tenacity, Debby; I don't know that I'd be up for it.
Isn't it funny how things usually work out for the best, when we least expect it?

I hope you and your dad are feeling lots better, real SOON!

Rebecca Jo said...

First of all, its a freaking nightmare what people have to go through to get health issues taken care of. I always say if the government works had to actually deal with what 'real people' had to deal with - they'd get this mess cleaned up QUICK!!!! SIGH....

But anyways - hope you feel better soon & you get that knee taken care of. Knee issues ARE THE WORST!!!!!!!

Trisha Larson said...

My mom had both knees replaced 10 years ago and she is much better now. The rehab was a little tough on her (she's not strong inside or out) but if she can do it with a successful outcome, you will most definitely be able to do it.

Sending hugs and prayers!

Trisha

Secret Agent Woman said...

I'm glad that finally got straightened out! I hear the rehab is tough but absolutely critical to do following the surgery.

Karen Mortensen said...

So sorry you are sick. Hope you get better soon. Good luck with your knee.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Sounds like you've had plenty of frustrations. I am sure you will be glad to move past this!

kc bob said...

Prayers for you Debby during this difficult season.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Girl you just got so much on your plate! I'm sorry you got sick too!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southern California, United States
Follow Just Breathe

Labels

Wednesday Hodgepodge (557) Family (241) Birthdays (160) Vacation (138) Funny (131) Tuesday 4 Meme (127) Tuesday 4 (104) James (101) Skye (99) Post It (95) Movies (89) Christmas (67) JP (61) Random (40) Award (39) Florida (32) Easter (29) Health (29) Thanksgiving (28) Flowers (23) Mother's Day (20) Vegas (20) tag (20) Father's Day (19) God (19) My Dad (19) Ornaments (19) Friend (18) Anniversary (17) Europe (17) Friday Fragments (17) I've Got Nothing (17) New Year (17) Halloween (16) Chicago (15) Meet Me on Monday (15) Oscars (15) 4th of July (14) Doctor (14) Friday Fill-In (14) Mammoth Lakes (14) Sky (14) VALENTINE'S DAY (14) Debby's Tree (13) For Your Tears (13) Montana (13) Giveaway (12) House (12) Recipes (12) 9/11 (11) Memorial Day (11) Paris (11) This or That (11) Wedding (11) Asthma (10) Bake (10) Carlsbad (10) Holiday (9) Just Because (9) Labor Day (9) Love (9) Rainbow (9) Shopping (9) Sick (9) Disney World (8) Round Robin (8) Veterans Day (8) Fat Ass Friday (7) Frustration (7) London (7) Mark (7) Plants (7) heart (7) 2011 (6) Apples (6) Birthday (6) Christmas Tree (6) Disneyland (6) Fall (6) Houston (6) Loss (6) Miscellaneous (6) PINTEREST (6) Pictures (6) Prayer (6) Thankful (6) Video (6) bowling (6) Car (5) Change (5) Company (5) Earth Day (5) Following (5) Help (5) One Word (5) Pittsburgh (5) Princess Diana (5) Quiz (5) Spring (5) Sundays In My City (5) Super Bowl (5) The Flower Fields (5) Time (5) Wizard of Oz (5) 2 on Tuesday (4) Blogiversary (4) Breast Cancer Awareness (4) COVID-19 (4) Christmas 2012 (4) Christmas 2013 (4) Christmas 2015 (4) Down (4) Grandparents (4) Housework (4) Memory Monday (4) Monday Smiles (4) Murphy's Law (4) On Our Way (4) Remembrance (4) Wine (4) AMERICAN IDOL (3) Blog (3) Cats and Dogs (3) Christmas 2020 (3) Christmas 2021 (3) Clouds (3) Crockpot (3) Dogs (3) Don't grow old (3) Fire (3) Food (3) Gift (3) In Memoriam (3) Italy (3) La Jolla (3) Ladybug (3) May Day (3) Movie (3) Moving in (3) Museum (3) NO-REPLY (3) New York (3) Pizza (3) Reader (3) Royal Wedding (3) San Diego Zoo (3) Signs (3) St.Patrick's Day (3) Summer (3) Weight (3) star (3) 2010 (2) Anxiety (2) Babysitting (2) Big Brother (2) Bodie (2) Bristlecone (2) Bucket List (2) Christmas 2014 (2) Christmas 2017 (2) Christmas 2018 (2) Christmas 2022 (2) Christmas 2023 (2) Cowboy (2) Deer (2) Fishing (2) Five Questions (2) Friday Foto Friends (2) Full Moon (2) Goals (2) Graduations (2) Hallmark (2) Heavyhearted (2) Jack's Tree (2) Jay's Gourmet (2) Knee Replacement (2) Leaves (2) Less is More (2) MAYDAY (2) Meme (2) Mini Cooper (2) Mission Inn (2) Mojo (2) Mountains (2) NYC (2) Old Age (2) Ouch (2) Out to Live (2) Party (2) Potluck (2) Presents (2) Purchased (2) Ranunculus (2) Robot (2) Royal Baby (2) Safari Park (2) Show and Tell (2) Simplify (2) Slap me (2) Snow (2) Sorrow (2) Stranger (2) TBB Asks (2) Tears (2) Things to do (2) Trees (2) Weekend Wrap-Up (2) Wilson Winery (2) '09 card exchange (1) 000 (1) 2016 (1) 2020 (1) 3 On Thursday (1) 48 Questions (1) All My Children (1) Always something (1) Ankle (1) Antiques (1) Aria (1) Bath (1) Billy Elliot (1) Bird (1) Bra (1) Brookfield Zoo (1) COPD (1) Call the Midwife (1) Candles (1) Celebration (1) Chairs (1) Christmas '09 (1) Christmas 2016 (1) Christmas 2019 (1) Church (1) Citizens arrest (1) City lights (1) Clocks (1) Cows (1) DMV (1) DVD (1) Discombobulated (1) Donations (1) Downton Abbey (1) F.Y.I. (1) Fair (1) Farmers Market (1) Favorite Things (1) Featured (1) Finley (1) Flag Day (1) Football (1) Getty (1) Giving (1) Good Morning (1) Grandson (1) Grapes (1) Happy New Year (1) Hoover Dam (1) Horseback Riding (1) IKEA (1) Idol (1) Idyllwild (1) Independence Day (1) Jesus (1) Joshua Tree National Park (1) Julian Bakery (1) June (1) LaJolla (1) Lavender Festival (1) Lifetime (1) Lost (1) Low Carb Treats (1) Madness (1) Mellow Yellow Monday (1) Moment of Silence (1) Music (1) Nana (1) Negative (1) Nipples (1) Nobody Is Home (1) Note Book Journey (1) Nurses (1) Oak Glen (1) One Word 2022 (1) One of those days (1) Owls (1) PT (1) Pinecones (1) Playing Hooky (1) Post 1 (1) President (1) Pretty in Pink (1) Puppy (1) Queen Mary (1) Quick Takes (1) Randomness (1) Regrets (1) Ringling (1) Rock/Hard Place (1) Roosters (1) Route 66 (1) SOS (1) Sale (1) Salt and Pepper Shakers (1) San Diego Harbor (1) Saturday 9 (1) She Loves Me (1) Silver Lining (1) Snail Mail (1) Spam (1) Speak English (1) Spider (1) Spin Cycle (1) Stamps (1) Stars (1) Stoned (1) Summer Lovin' (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Sunset (1) Surprise (1) Survey (1) Swim (1) TBT (1) TP (1) Temecula CA (1) Templates (1) Thank You (1) The Getty Villa (1) The Sistine Chapel (1) Time Out (1) Treasures (1) Trends (1) Trying. Something New (1) Twilight Saga (1) Two On Tuesday (1) USA (1) VOTE 2012 (1) Wicked (1) Willow Tree (1) Windsor Tea (1) Winner (1) Worldwide Candle Lighting (1) Zoo (1) button (1) closet (1) cottage (1) digging (1) handkerchief (1) karma (1) memory (1) tests (1) webkinz (1)