Sunday, May 20, 2018

HAVE YOU EVER HAD ONE OF THOSE DAYS.....

....or several in a row? Day's where nothing seems to go right! Of course you have, we all have them but it seems the older I get the more I freak out. 

So I had a doctors appointment on Tuesday. I love our doctor, we have been seeing him for approximately 30 years. The last few times I have seen him he has been short with me. So this has given me some anxiety, especially when I have an appointment coming up. I will have conversations in my head with him for weeks in advance.

My appointment went okay but he was still rather short with me. Next time I'm going to say something to him. My blood work came out good which made me happy. My bad cholesterol had been up and it is now down. I'm telling you that you don't have to go on a statin drug. If you eat right you can bring those numbers down. 

So my blood pressure was up but it was 140 over 80. That's not that bad. Anything over that is bad. At my other doctor's it is usually 129 over 70. So this was definitely anxiety. Well guess what? Apparently those who make up the rules on these things have now changed it. They now want your BP under 130.

Just so you know I have been doing lots of testing the last few months and have one more appointment on Monday for my Mammogram. All testing has come back negative which is good news. I also saw a dermatologist, he did a body scan for cancer and found nothing. 

As you know some of these tests are very embarrassing, especially the pap test, body scan and mammogram. 

Anyway on Tuesday after the doctor I went to buy gas at a station that had premium for 3.75 a gallon. When I left the house in the morning I saw that a station not far from our house had it for 4.01 a gallon. We never go to that station but I decided to watch for some prices while running my errands. Yes California gas is very expensive! 

So after that I was going to run to a restaurant that we saw on a local show we watch. Mark wanted to try their raspberry cheesecake. So I'm driving there after the gas station and remembered that they forgot to give me the copies of my blood work so back to the doctor's office I go to pick up the papers. Then I headed back to get the cheesecake and wouldn't you know it, they were out of it for the day. 

So then I continued on to get my pedicure. Had a girl I hadn't seen before. She was very good but a bit slow. When she started polishing my toes she started to share stories from several people in her family who have had visions of God and angels that have cured their cancer. 

Now I didn't have a problem with her telling me these stories but she was quiet for the first half hour  I was with her and then started talking. So with each story she stopped putting polish on my toes. I ended up being there for an hour and 20 minutes. I'm usually out within 45 minutes. I still had more errands to run before I went home. 

More to come....  
You have to hear about Mark's day on Wednesday and more from me on Wednesday and Thursday. Yes it was one of those weeks! 

9 comments:

MadSnapper said...

all this and MORE to come??? can't wait to hear what else happened. i am thinking in MY OPINION that your BP is up for that doctor because you are stressing over going there and fretting over the short thing... he may have something going on in his life and the short with you has nothing at all to do with you.... after 30 years i would ask him or ask the nurse. i might even call the nurse and explain why you want to know... you and i do the internalize everything, and think that what is wrong is always OUR fault. maybe he is going through trials at home or divorce or something in his personal life... glad all the tests are coming out good

Sandi said...

Haha...that is so true about the mammogram machine!

"Apparently those who make up the rules on these things have now changed it. They now want your BP under 130."

They change things so much it's hard to know what's right.


Little Penpen said...

Your b/p must have definitely been up because of anxiety. I have found that the snippy doctors become that way, because they "don't" want people to ask questions. They lose their bedside manner and want people in and out, in and out... it's a shame. I think calling the nurse would be a great idea, as mentioned in the above post. I lol'ed about the pedicure. I like it better when they don't try to talk to me. Just do the thing and let me go!!! I can't wait to hear the rest of the story.

Unknown said...

Good thing you didn't have your doctor's appointmet AFTER all those other stops, your bp would have been really high after all of that. I don't like a chit chat when someone is working on me. If you are there to cut my hair, then cut my hair, don't talk a lot about your family or what you are doing after work and especially don't tell me about how you can't wait to get out off work because you have someplace way more important to be. Just do your job!!

betty said...

Oh my goodness! That was a day indeed and it didn't seem like there was "any rest for the wicked" with how the rest of the week went for you and Mark! That is weird about your doctor, wonder what happened with his bedside manner, but these days doctors do have lots more paperwork they have to keep track of, insurance issues, etc., plus some clinics will have a quota of how many patients doctors need to see per hour, etc. No excuse though for being short with their patient though. I wouldn't worry too much about your blood pressure taken in the doctor's office; if you are concerned about it, you can buy a home cuff and then keep a record of it and I bet it will be a lot lower than the "recommendations" which seem to change daily sometimes. California and gas prices, never a winning combination. Ours are about a dollar lower here (so far).

betty

Mevely317 said...

I think Betty's is a great idea about buying a monitor. When Tom took ill a few years ago we kept a thrice daily log of his BP to share with his doctors. We've not used it in some time, but there's a certain comfort having it nearby.

I experienced the same thing a few years ago: The doctor (er, NP) I'd once adored for her empathy grew short and no eye contact. So I just picked up and moved to another practice. In hindsight, I wish I'd asked.

Ann Thompson said...

That doesn't sound good with the doctor. Whatever his problem is he shouldn't be taking it out on his patients. I always wish J could say what I'm thinking in situations like that but it never comes out of my mouth

Chatty Crone said...

I can feel my blood pressure up - I know days like that are so incredibly stressful - everything takes longer and you really get get things done at 100%. Can't wait to hear part 2.

Nonnie said...

I have very low blood pressure and that is a good thing because some of these things cause mine to rise. I'm so sorry you had such a day. I pray that your health issues will be easy ones to deal with.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southern California, United States
Follow Just Breathe

Labels

Wednesday Hodgepodge (560) Family (241) Birthdays (160) Vacation (138) Funny (131) Tuesday 4 Meme (127) Tuesday 4 (104) James (101) Skye (99) Post It (95) Movies (89) Christmas (67) JP (61) Random (40) Award (39) Florida (32) Easter (30) Health (29) Thanksgiving (28) Flowers (23) Mother's Day (20) Vegas (20) tag (20) Father's Day (19) God (19) My Dad (19) Ornaments (19) Friend (18) Anniversary (17) Europe (17) Friday Fragments (17) I've Got Nothing (17) New Year (17) Halloween (16) Chicago (15) Meet Me on Monday (15) Montana (15) Oscars (15) 4th of July (14) Doctor (14) Friday Fill-In (14) Mammoth Lakes (14) Sky (14) VALENTINE'S DAY (14) Debby's Tree (13) For Your Tears (13) Giveaway (12) House (12) Recipes (12) 9/11 (11) Memorial Day (11) Paris (11) This or That (11) Wedding (11) Asthma (10) Bake (10) Carlsbad (10) Holiday (9) Just Because (9) Labor Day (9) Love (9) Rainbow (9) Shopping (9) Sick (9) Disney World (8) Round Robin (8) Veterans Day (8) Fat Ass Friday (7) Frustration (7) London (7) Mark (7) Plants (7) heart (7) 2011 (6) Apples (6) Birthday (6) Christmas Tree (6) Disneyland (6) Fall (6) Houston (6) Loss (6) Miscellaneous (6) PINTEREST (6) Pictures (6) Prayer (6) Thankful (6) Video (6) bowling (6) Car (5) Change (5) Company (5) Earth Day (5) Following (5) Help (5) Monday Smiles (5) One Word (5) Pittsburgh (5) Princess Diana (5) Quiz (5) Spring (5) Sundays In My City (5) Super Bowl (5) The Flower Fields (5) Time (5) Wizard of Oz (5) 2 on Tuesday (4) Blogiversary (4) Breast Cancer Awareness (4) COVID-19 (4) Christmas 2012 (4) Christmas 2013 (4) Christmas 2015 (4) Down (4) Grandparents (4) Housework (4) Memory Monday (4) Murphy's Law (4) On Our Way (4) Remembrance (4) Wine (4) AMERICAN IDOL (3) Blog (3) Cats and Dogs (3) Christmas 2020 (3) Christmas 2021 (3) Clouds (3) Crockpot (3) Dogs (3) Don't grow old (3) Fire (3) Food (3) Gift (3) In Memoriam (3) Italy (3) La Jolla (3) Ladybug (3) May Day (3) Movie (3) Moving in (3) Museum (3) NO-REPLY (3) New York (3) Pizza (3) Reader (3) Royal Wedding (3) San Diego Zoo (3) Signs (3) St.Patrick's Day (3) Summer (3) Weight (3) star (3) 2010 (2) Anxiety (2) Babysitting (2) Big Brother (2) Bodie (2) Bristlecone (2) Bucket List (2) Christmas 2014 (2) Christmas 2017 (2) Christmas 2018 (2) Christmas 2022 (2) Christmas 2023 (2) Cowboy (2) Deer (2) Fishing (2) Five Questions (2) Friday Foto Friends (2) Full Moon (2) Goals (2) Graduations (2) Hallmark (2) Heavyhearted (2) Jack's Tree (2) Jay's Gourmet (2) Knee Replacement (2) Leaves (2) Less is More (2) MAYDAY (2) Meme (2) Mini Cooper (2) Mission Inn (2) Mojo (2) Mountains (2) NYC (2) Old Age (2) Ouch (2) Out to Live (2) Party (2) Potluck (2) Presents (2) Purchased (2) Ranunculus (2) Robot (2) Royal Baby (2) Safari Park (2) Show and Tell (2) Simplify (2) Slap me (2) Snow (2) Sorrow (2) Stranger (2) TBB Asks (2) Tears (2) Things to do (2) Trees (2) Weekend Wrap-Up (2) Wilson Winery (2) '09 card exchange (1) 000 (1) 2016 (1) 2020 (1) 3 On Thursday (1) 48 Questions (1) All My Children (1) Always something (1) Ankle (1) Antiques (1) Aria (1) Bath (1) Billy Elliot (1) Bird (1) Bra (1) Brookfield Zoo (1) COPD (1) Call the Midwife (1) Candles (1) Celebration (1) Chairs (1) Christmas '09 (1) Christmas 2016 (1) Christmas 2019 (1) Church (1) Citizens arrest (1) City lights (1) Clocks (1) Cows (1) DMV (1) DVD (1) Discombobulated (1) Donations (1) Downton Abbey (1) F.Y.I. (1) Fair (1) Farmers Market (1) Favorite Things (1) Featured (1) Finley (1) Flag Day (1) Football (1) Getty (1) Giving (1) Good Morning (1) Grandson (1) Grapes (1) Happy New Year (1) Hoover Dam (1) Horseback Riding (1) IKEA (1) Idol (1) Idyllwild (1) Independence Day (1) Jesus (1) Joshua Tree National Park (1) Julian Bakery (1) June (1) LaJolla (1) Lavender Festival (1) Lifetime (1) Lost (1) Low Carb Treats (1) Madness (1) Mellow Yellow Monday (1) Moment of Silence (1) Music (1) Nana (1) Negative (1) Nipples (1) Nobody Is Home (1) Note Book Journey (1) Nurses (1) Oak Glen (1) One Word 2022 (1) One of those days (1) Owls (1) PT (1) Pinecones (1) Playing Hooky (1) Post 1 (1) President (1) Pretty in Pink (1) Puppy (1) Queen Mary (1) Quick Takes (1) Randomness (1) Regrets (1) Ringling (1) Rock/Hard Place (1) Roosters (1) Route 66 (1) SOS (1) Sale (1) Salt and Pepper Shakers (1) San Diego Harbor (1) Saturday 9 (1) She Loves Me (1) Silver Lining (1) Snail Mail (1) Spam (1) Speak English (1) Spider (1) Spin Cycle (1) Stamps (1) Stars (1) Stoned (1) Summer Lovin' (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Sunset (1) Surprise (1) Survey (1) Swim (1) TBT (1) TP (1) Temecula CA (1) Templates (1) Thank You (1) The Getty Villa (1) The Sistine Chapel (1) Time Out (1) Treasures (1) Trends (1) Trying. Something New (1) Twilight Saga (1) Two On Tuesday (1) USA (1) VOTE 2012 (1) Wicked (1) Willow Tree (1) Windsor Tea (1) Winner (1) Worldwide Candle Lighting (1) Zoo (1) button (1) closet (1) cottage (1) digging (1) handkerchief (1) karma (1) memory (1) tests (1) webkinz (1)