Monday, May 21, 2018

ONE OF THOSE DAYS CONTINUED.....

If you didn't read my first post you can find it here

At 5:30 am on Wednesday morning I took Mark to the airport to catch a flight to San Francisco where he would get a connection to Minneapolis. Well his flight to SF was delayed two hours because there was fog in SF. So needless to say he didn't make his connection. There were a few options available and he ended up taking a flight to Houston which would connect him to a flight to Minneapolis.

I can't tell you how frustrated he was. He's been flying for many years now and he just can't stand it anymore. He can't wait to retire. He was furious on Wednesday. 

Well wouldn't you know it, the Houston flight was delayed because of mechanical issues and he missed the connecting flight to Minneapolis! The only option left at the time was a flight in the morning. So they gave him food vouchers and a hotel voucher. Unfortunately they couldn't get his luggage to him. So he bought a t-shirt at the airport so he would have something clean for the morning. 

His flight took off on time the next morning and he made it to Minneapolis. He did have to cancel his sales call because he was not going to see a customer without showering or having clean dress clothes on. His hotel on Thursday night would be in Duluth so he just drove there from the airport. He was able to make his Friday sales call and then he was on his way driving to Canada for a week of fishing with his brother. 

On Wednesday when I got home after bowling I heard a funny sounds coming from the box next to our electrical panel on the side of the garage. It was a loud buzzing sound. This box says communications on it. I ended up calling Edison first to see if they had any suggestions. 

Well actually I went to a neighbors house across the street first to see if the husband was home but there was no answer. The electric company said it was most likely the box for the cable company.  So I called Spectrum and they were very helpful. They were sending someone out the next day between 11 and 12 pm. I was so afraid something would catch on fire. 

I had an idea of what it might be but I couldn't open the box. It is screwed on in six places and I'd have to be on a ladder to do it. I didn't want to deal with it and of course these things only happen when Mark is out of town!!

Many years ago, maybe 8, we had a similar noise from that box. It was the phone company who fixed it. We now have cable, internet and phone from the same place. The old phone line had a back up battery in this box. Well when we changed over to Spectrum I guess they didn't do anything with this battery. Honestly I don't think they would have even know what it was for.

In the meantime on Friday morning I had an appointment for Skye. She is itchy again. Well of course when I left for her 9 am appointment there were no noises from that box outside yet it was still buzzing at 11 pm Wednesday night.  Go figure. Anyway Skye's issue was from fleas. She didn't have fleas on her, she wears Advantage II. However Skye is very allergic to flea bites. Mark hasn't kept up with spraying the yard regularly and apparently so got several bites. 

She was put on a new itch medication which we hope will help her through this ruff patch of itching and Mark will have to stay on top of spraying the yard. I think it is funny how you don't know about something and then that very night I saw a commercial for the medication she was put on! 

I feel bad for her because she has been miserable but I'm thankful it wasn't another bacterial infection from grooming because she had been recently cut a few weeks ago. We have used a new place for her last three haircuts since she got infected from Pet Smart.

Anyway when I got home from the vet Spectrum was waiting for me. He was told to be here at 9 am. I told him they told me between 11 & 12. No way I would have said okay because I had the vet appointment. Anyway he hadn't left which was a good thing.

So he opened up the box and it was the back up battery for the old phone service. He was able to unplug it and the battery was hot to the touch and bloated. Thankfully he got it out, it took awhile and then we set it on the brick wall to cool off.

So last week was a hectic week for me. I know there are worse things in the world then my little issues but to me it was stressful. So Skye is definitely better. I didn't even realize how much she wasn't playing with her toys. She is happy again and bringing toys into my office for me to play tug of war with her.

On a happier note I drove out to Adam and Gabby's on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Mother's Day with them. They were in Maui for Mother's Day weekend. I played with Roxy for awhile and we shared a lot of stories about what been going on in our lives.

Gabby is now 20 weeks pregnant and had a great check up at the doctor on Friday.  Little Roxy is getting bigger and so darn cute. Love the way she play at this clumsy time in her life. She is also very laid back but manages to get into a lot of trouble along the way.....

Thanks for listening.
Have a great week!

14 comments:

Mara said...

Some weeks are just 'stay in bed with the curtains closed' weeks and it sounds as if you had one of those!

My cat Mathilda used to be allergic to fleas as well. Fortunately she didn't get out much and I always kept on top of her medication for it, so after the initial problem, we never had any more trouble.

Ann said...

That does sound like a stressful week. Glad you got to end with a visit to Adam and Gabby's.
The buzzing would have scared me. I'm always worried about electrical fires.

Sandi said...

Sweet puppy! :)

I know what you mean about flying. They sure don't make it easy or comfortable.

Cathy said...

I just read both posts. You have had quite the couple of days. Glad all is working out and glad your tests are good too. Roxie is adorable!

Little Penpen said...

Oh my goodness... poor Mark! I told you before that I've never flown before; so it would be my luck that something like that would happen to me on my very first flight. At least he was experienced and knew what to expect and how to handle it. I hope he had a great week of fishing! And poor Skye with the flea bites. We haven't sprayed our yard this year yet either and the mosquitoes are bad already and we found a tick on one of the dogs. It's always something!!!! I'm glad the battery didn't explode. I hope you have a wonderful week full of happy surprises!

Chatty Crone said...

I would have sky high blood pressure if I were poor Mark.

Does the medicine start with an A for Skye? Disco takes it and it has been a miracle. Like acapro or something.

Hope the days go better.

sandie

MadSnapper said...

after all this, it is a good thing you did not have another appt at the doctor office, your bp might have blown a gasket. loving on Gabby should have brought it down a little. so beautiful. I have found if anything breaks it waits for bob to go to the park for 2 hours, that is the only time he leaves home and why does that happen.... I don't do ladders either or hot batteries

betty said...

At least the week ended with something fun with time wit Adam, Gabby, and Roxy and a great report from the doctor about Gabby's pregnancy. But wow, not a week you are going to want to repeat any time soon. I do feel for Mark; its got to be so frustrating with flights cancelled, delayed, etc. Bet he might not want to fly a lot after he retires!

betty

NanaNor's said...

Debby, Don't you just hate it when things happen at the house and our hubbies are away. So glad you got the battery and box checked out. Roxy is adorable. My daughter's pups are getting big-they are almost 6 weeks old. Hope this week is better for you.
Hugs,
Noreen

Mevely317 said...

What a crazy-awful situation for Mark. I'll bet he was livid! I'd have been super stressed about that buzzing noise, too; concerned about an electrical fire.

So glad to hear Skye's feeling better!

Unknown said...

Don’t you just want to stay in bed some days! I’m so sorry you had such a bad week. Hopefully this week is better for you.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

You have had all sorts of crazy things! So sorry! Definitely talk to your doctor. He might have some crap going on. But you deserve to be treated with respect.

I hope your coming week is smooth and uncrazy!

Carla from The River said...

Hello Friend,
I do know how you feel, one thing after the other and when our hubby's are out of town.
I am happy you were able to spend time with Adam and Gabby.
Hope Mark has good weather for his time away.
Lots of love,
Carla

Joyce said...

I'm just now catching up in my blog reader. This does sound like a stress filled day! I hope this week was better!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southern California, United States
Follow Just Breathe

Labels

Wednesday Hodgepodge (559) Family (241) Birthdays (160) Vacation (138) Funny (131) Tuesday 4 Meme (127) Tuesday 4 (104) James (101) Skye (99) Post It (95) Movies (89) Christmas (67) JP (61) Random (40) Award (39) Florida (32) Easter (30) Health (29) Thanksgiving (28) Flowers (23) Mother's Day (20) Vegas (20) tag (20) Father's Day (19) God (19) My Dad (19) Ornaments (19) Friend (18) Anniversary (17) Europe (17) Friday Fragments (17) I've Got Nothing (17) New Year (17) Halloween (16) Chicago (15) Meet Me on Monday (15) Oscars (15) 4th of July (14) Doctor (14) Friday Fill-In (14) Mammoth Lakes (14) Montana (14) Sky (14) VALENTINE'S DAY (14) Debby's Tree (13) For Your Tears (13) Giveaway (12) House (12) Recipes (12) 9/11 (11) Memorial Day (11) Paris (11) This or That (11) Wedding (11) Asthma (10) Bake (10) Carlsbad (10) Holiday (9) Just Because (9) Labor Day (9) Love (9) Rainbow (9) Shopping (9) Sick (9) Disney World (8) Round Robin (8) Veterans Day (8) Fat Ass Friday (7) Frustration (7) London (7) Mark (7) Plants (7) heart (7) 2011 (6) Apples (6) Birthday (6) Christmas Tree (6) Disneyland (6) Fall (6) Houston (6) Loss (6) Miscellaneous (6) PINTEREST (6) Pictures (6) Prayer (6) Thankful (6) Video (6) bowling (6) Car (5) Change (5) Company (5) Earth Day (5) Following (5) Help (5) Monday Smiles (5) One Word (5) Pittsburgh (5) Princess Diana (5) Quiz (5) Spring (5) Sundays In My City (5) Super Bowl (5) The Flower Fields (5) Time (5) Wizard of Oz (5) 2 on Tuesday (4) Blogiversary (4) Breast Cancer Awareness (4) COVID-19 (4) Christmas 2012 (4) Christmas 2013 (4) Christmas 2015 (4) Down (4) Grandparents (4) Housework (4) Memory Monday (4) Murphy's Law (4) On Our Way (4) Remembrance (4) Wine (4) AMERICAN IDOL (3) Blog (3) Cats and Dogs (3) Christmas 2020 (3) Christmas 2021 (3) Clouds (3) Crockpot (3) Dogs (3) Don't grow old (3) Fire (3) Food (3) Gift (3) In Memoriam (3) Italy (3) La Jolla (3) Ladybug (3) May Day (3) Movie (3) Moving in (3) Museum (3) NO-REPLY (3) New York (3) Pizza (3) Reader (3) Royal Wedding (3) San Diego Zoo (3) Signs (3) St.Patrick's Day (3) Summer (3) Weight (3) star (3) 2010 (2) Anxiety (2) Babysitting (2) Big Brother (2) Bodie (2) Bristlecone (2) Bucket List (2) Christmas 2014 (2) Christmas 2017 (2) Christmas 2018 (2) Christmas 2022 (2) Christmas 2023 (2) Cowboy (2) Deer (2) Fishing (2) Five Questions (2) Friday Foto Friends (2) Full Moon (2) Goals (2) Graduations (2) Hallmark (2) Heavyhearted (2) Jack's Tree (2) Jay's Gourmet (2) Knee Replacement (2) Leaves (2) Less is More (2) MAYDAY (2) Meme (2) Mini Cooper (2) Mission Inn (2) Mojo (2) Mountains (2) NYC (2) Old Age (2) Ouch (2) Out to Live (2) Party (2) Potluck (2) Presents (2) Purchased (2) Ranunculus (2) Robot (2) Royal Baby (2) Safari Park (2) Show and Tell (2) Simplify (2) Slap me (2) Snow (2) Sorrow (2) Stranger (2) TBB Asks (2) Tears (2) Things to do (2) Trees (2) Weekend Wrap-Up (2) Wilson Winery (2) '09 card exchange (1) 000 (1) 2016 (1) 2020 (1) 3 On Thursday (1) 48 Questions (1) All My Children (1) Always something (1) Ankle (1) Antiques (1) Aria (1) Bath (1) Billy Elliot (1) Bird (1) Bra (1) Brookfield Zoo (1) COPD (1) Call the Midwife (1) Candles (1) Celebration (1) Chairs (1) Christmas '09 (1) Christmas 2016 (1) Christmas 2019 (1) Church (1) Citizens arrest (1) City lights (1) Clocks (1) Cows (1) DMV (1) DVD (1) Discombobulated (1) Donations (1) Downton Abbey (1) F.Y.I. (1) Fair (1) Farmers Market (1) Favorite Things (1) Featured (1) Finley (1) Flag Day (1) Football (1) Getty (1) Giving (1) Good Morning (1) Grandson (1) Grapes (1) Happy New Year (1) Hoover Dam (1) Horseback Riding (1) IKEA (1) Idol (1) Idyllwild (1) Independence Day (1) Jesus (1) Joshua Tree National Park (1) Julian Bakery (1) June (1) LaJolla (1) Lavender Festival (1) Lifetime (1) Lost (1) Low Carb Treats (1) Madness (1) Mellow Yellow Monday (1) Moment of Silence (1) Music (1) Nana (1) Negative (1) Nipples (1) Nobody Is Home (1) Note Book Journey (1) Nurses (1) Oak Glen (1) One Word 2022 (1) One of those days (1) Owls (1) PT (1) Pinecones (1) Playing Hooky (1) Post 1 (1) President (1) Pretty in Pink (1) Puppy (1) Queen Mary (1) Quick Takes (1) Randomness (1) Regrets (1) Ringling (1) Rock/Hard Place (1) Roosters (1) Route 66 (1) SOS (1) Sale (1) Salt and Pepper Shakers (1) San Diego Harbor (1) Saturday 9 (1) She Loves Me (1) Silver Lining (1) Snail Mail (1) Spam (1) Speak English (1) Spider (1) Spin Cycle (1) Stamps (1) Stars (1) Stoned (1) Summer Lovin' (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Sunset (1) Surprise (1) Survey (1) Swim (1) TBT (1) TP (1) Temecula CA (1) Templates (1) Thank You (1) The Getty Villa (1) The Sistine Chapel (1) Time Out (1) Treasures (1) Trends (1) Trying. Something New (1) Twilight Saga (1) Two On Tuesday (1) USA (1) VOTE 2012 (1) Wicked (1) Willow Tree (1) Windsor Tea (1) Winner (1) Worldwide Candle Lighting (1) Zoo (1) button (1) closet (1) cottage (1) digging (1) handkerchief (1) karma (1) memory (1) tests (1) webkinz (1)