Tuesday, December 18, 2018

BUSY BUSY BUSY


I've been busy everyday getting ready for Christmas. I love it but it can be exhausting. I'm still dealing with shortness of breath yet my oxygen levels are good. I'll explain more later. 

Last Thursday I worked 4 hours wrapping gifts for Amber and Dylan's along with getting some other items together to mail out of town. On Friday I spent another 5 hours working on the gifts for my sister's house. I got everything boxed up and printed the paid labels on my computer. 

Then Mark and I ran to the post office. It took about 5 minutes there because they are all set up to scan the prepaid ones and we piled them in the bin. As of yesterday they have all been delivered! 



I've also been working on decorating the house. It takes a lot of time but again I love it. It's just not as easy as it use to be. I should be done with almost everything today. I'll post pictures before Christmas. All that's left are the presents for Christmas Day and a little bit of baking. 

Last Thursday afternoon we went over to Adam and Gabby's to babysit this cutie pie while they went out for dinner. James is now cooing and smiling a lot. Mark started talking and he quickly turned his head to see where that voice was coming from. He is also sleeping better/longer at night. 

We are heading over to their house tomorrow night to have dinner with them. I can't wait. Then on Friday I am going over to sit with him for a few hours while Gabby goes shopping. I am going to miss this when she goes back to work. They have found a day care that they are very excited about. It was a recommendation from several people and she only takes one infant so they jumped on it! 

Adam got the lights up on their house. It looks really cute. Of course I still need to write that post about their house and show you all that they did to it. 

The reindeer in our backyard.

So back to my shortness of breath. Obviously my stage 3 COPD gives me shortness of breath. My lungs only function at 50%. So a few weeks ago I wasn't feeling well and went to see my primary doctor to get some steroids and an antibiotic. (Couldn't get into my pulmonary doctor) So I did the meds along with breathing treatments. 

My lungs are clear but I'm still having shortness of breath. So with my A-Fib you also get shortness of breath. So now I'm thinking that maybe it's my heart. I've actually had a few A-Fib attacks over the last six weeks. The first two years after I was diagnosed I only had two attacks. 

So I have a scheduled followup appointment with my cardiologist in mid January. I decided to see if I could get in sooner to talk to him about this. (Don't worry, this is not an emergency. If I thought it was I would/will go to the ER) 

The only available appointment is on January 3rd at 4:45 pm. Now I call this a Godincidence. My next appointment with my pulmonary doctor is January 3rd at 3:00 pm.  I'm guessing between the two of them I will get some answers. 

13 comments:

Cathy said...

So glad you got the appointments to get this issue checked out. Isn't it great how God works out even the small details. I will be praying for you friend.

Your little grandson is so adorable and I hope you enjoy every single second you get to spend with him.

Terra said...

That is definitely a Godincidence that you have two important Dr. appointments scheduled. Your grandbaby is a darling and I admire how much you get done. Wrapping and mailing so many packages. I am slowing down too, it takes longer to do things as I am a senior citizen now and being a widow has sapped some of my energy too.

MadSnapper said...

enjoy your 'babytime' and so glad you are close enough to visit and get kisses and love on him... are you sure your name is not Santa? maybe you need a flying sleigh for next year. LOL.
glad you got the two appts close together and hope they can help with an answer

Chatty Crone said...

May I say you sure send out a lot pf presents! You do a lot! Their house seems very nice and I love your reindeer.

You have I have a wheeze I can't seem to get rid of - I got it after I had bronchitis.

Well you can go to two doctors the same day? Well that will be wonderful to finally gt an answer - you know. Just stay well at Christmas.

Mevely317 said...

What a smart way to handle your shipping! 9 hours spent wrapping? Because I simply CANNOT wrap anything pretty-like to save my soul, I'd be a wreck. Thank goodness you'll soon have answers to your health concerns. January 3 will be here before we know it!

Ann Thompson said...

I bet you are loving all that time with the baby. Sounds like you've got everything right on schedule for Christmas

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Sure glad you have app'ts pretty soon. Doesn't sound like anything to play around with. That baby boy is soo cute and I know he must bring a lot of joy into your life. Abundant blessings for this last week before Christmas. Hugs!

Michelle said...

Debby, I love reading your posts, You are always so open and honest. I learn more about you and your cutie pie grandson each time.

We are traveling to Tampa today, a 10-hour drive. We'll be back home on Monday.

Merry Christmas!!

Mara said...

Good for you for listening to your body and trying to get it sorted/get answers.

Love those reindeer in your backyard. Makes me feel a bit guilty about having one for Christmas dinner last year!!

betty said...

JP is adorably cute!! I'm glad they found a day care for him; sounds like a good one too, but I know you'll miss your time with him. I'm sure though that they will want the occasional "date night" out and you'll be able to watch him.

You do such a labor of love for the gifts for your family! That's a lot of hard work to get it all done and then to have everything delivered by Christmas!

Glad that your appointments with the doctors will be in about 2 weeks and you'll get the answers you need. I do agree that it was God's timing for the timings of the appointments.

Again, sorry we couldn't get together. I haven't had laryngitis in years and it was no fun trying to communicate for the past few days. Feeling a bit better today and then off to work tomorrow :)

betty

Carla from The River said...

Hi Debby,
I will be praying you do receive some answers.
I am excited for you for the first Christmas with James.
You rock with putting your packages all together! I need you to come help me. ;-)
xx oo
Carla

Secret Agent Woman said...

Glad your enjoying the holiday preparations and also that you got the perfect appointment time. Hope they can figure out what's going on.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Michelle said...

Merry Christmas, Debby!!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southern California, United States
Follow Just Breathe

Labels

Wednesday Hodgepodge (557) Family (241) Birthdays (160) Vacation (138) Funny (131) Tuesday 4 Meme (127) Tuesday 4 (104) James (101) Skye (99) Post It (95) Movies (89) Christmas (67) JP (61) Random (40) Award (39) Florida (32) Easter (29) Health (29) Thanksgiving (28) Flowers (23) Mother's Day (20) Vegas (20) tag (20) Father's Day (19) God (19) My Dad (19) Ornaments (19) Friend (18) Anniversary (17) Europe (17) Friday Fragments (17) I've Got Nothing (17) New Year (17) Halloween (16) Chicago (15) Meet Me on Monday (15) Oscars (15) 4th of July (14) Doctor (14) Friday Fill-In (14) Mammoth Lakes (14) Sky (14) VALENTINE'S DAY (14) Debby's Tree (13) For Your Tears (13) Montana (13) Giveaway (12) House (12) Recipes (12) 9/11 (11) Memorial Day (11) Paris (11) This or That (11) Wedding (11) Asthma (10) Bake (10) Carlsbad (10) Holiday (9) Just Because (9) Labor Day (9) Love (9) Rainbow (9) Shopping (9) Sick (9) Disney World (8) Round Robin (8) Veterans Day (8) Fat Ass Friday (7) Frustration (7) London (7) Mark (7) Plants (7) heart (7) 2011 (6) Apples (6) Birthday (6) Christmas Tree (6) Disneyland (6) Fall (6) Houston (6) Loss (6) Miscellaneous (6) PINTEREST (6) Pictures (6) Prayer (6) Thankful (6) Video (6) bowling (6) Car (5) Change (5) Company (5) Earth Day (5) Following (5) Help (5) One Word (5) Pittsburgh (5) Princess Diana (5) Quiz (5) Spring (5) Sundays In My City (5) Super Bowl (5) The Flower Fields (5) Time (5) Wizard of Oz (5) 2 on Tuesday (4) Blogiversary (4) Breast Cancer Awareness (4) COVID-19 (4) Christmas 2012 (4) Christmas 2013 (4) Christmas 2015 (4) Down (4) Grandparents (4) Housework (4) Memory Monday (4) Monday Smiles (4) Murphy's Law (4) On Our Way (4) Remembrance (4) Wine (4) AMERICAN IDOL (3) Blog (3) Cats and Dogs (3) Christmas 2020 (3) Christmas 2021 (3) Clouds (3) Crockpot (3) Dogs (3) Don't grow old (3) Fire (3) Food (3) Gift (3) In Memoriam (3) Italy (3) La Jolla (3) Ladybug (3) May Day (3) Movie (3) Moving in (3) Museum (3) NO-REPLY (3) New York (3) Pizza (3) Reader (3) Royal Wedding (3) San Diego Zoo (3) Signs (3) St.Patrick's Day (3) Summer (3) Weight (3) star (3) 2010 (2) Anxiety (2) Babysitting (2) Big Brother (2) Bodie (2) Bristlecone (2) Bucket List (2) Christmas 2014 (2) Christmas 2017 (2) Christmas 2018 (2) Christmas 2022 (2) Christmas 2023 (2) Cowboy (2) Deer (2) Fishing (2) Five Questions (2) Friday Foto Friends (2) Full Moon (2) Goals (2) Graduations (2) Hallmark (2) Heavyhearted (2) Jack's Tree (2) Jay's Gourmet (2) Knee Replacement (2) Leaves (2) Less is More (2) MAYDAY (2) Meme (2) Mini Cooper (2) Mission Inn (2) Mojo (2) Mountains (2) NYC (2) Old Age (2) Ouch (2) Out to Live (2) Party (2) Potluck (2) Presents (2) Purchased (2) Ranunculus (2) Robot (2) Royal Baby (2) Safari Park (2) Show and Tell (2) Simplify (2) Slap me (2) Snow (2) Sorrow (2) Stranger (2) TBB Asks (2) Tears (2) Things to do (2) Trees (2) Weekend Wrap-Up (2) Wilson Winery (2) '09 card exchange (1) 000 (1) 2016 (1) 2020 (1) 3 On Thursday (1) 48 Questions (1) All My Children (1) Always something (1) Ankle (1) Antiques (1) Aria (1) Bath (1) Billy Elliot (1) Bird (1) Bra (1) Brookfield Zoo (1) COPD (1) Call the Midwife (1) Candles (1) Celebration (1) Chairs (1) Christmas '09 (1) Christmas 2016 (1) Christmas 2019 (1) Church (1) Citizens arrest (1) City lights (1) Clocks (1) Cows (1) DMV (1) DVD (1) Discombobulated (1) Donations (1) Downton Abbey (1) F.Y.I. (1) Fair (1) Farmers Market (1) Favorite Things (1) Featured (1) Finley (1) Flag Day (1) Football (1) Getty (1) Giving (1) Good Morning (1) Grandson (1) Grapes (1) Happy New Year (1) Hoover Dam (1) Horseback Riding (1) IKEA (1) Idol (1) Idyllwild (1) Independence Day (1) Jesus (1) Joshua Tree National Park (1) Julian Bakery (1) June (1) LaJolla (1) Lavender Festival (1) Lifetime (1) Lost (1) Low Carb Treats (1) Madness (1) Mellow Yellow Monday (1) Moment of Silence (1) Music (1) Nana (1) Negative (1) Nipples (1) Nobody Is Home (1) Note Book Journey (1) Nurses (1) Oak Glen (1) One Word 2022 (1) One of those days (1) Owls (1) PT (1) Pinecones (1) Playing Hooky (1) Post 1 (1) President (1) Pretty in Pink (1) Puppy (1) Queen Mary (1) Quick Takes (1) Randomness (1) Regrets (1) Ringling (1) Rock/Hard Place (1) Roosters (1) Route 66 (1) SOS (1) Sale (1) Salt and Pepper Shakers (1) San Diego Harbor (1) Saturday 9 (1) She Loves Me (1) Silver Lining (1) Snail Mail (1) Spam (1) Speak English (1) Spider (1) Spin Cycle (1) Stamps (1) Stars (1) Stoned (1) Summer Lovin' (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Sunset (1) Surprise (1) Survey (1) Swim (1) TBT (1) TP (1) Temecula CA (1) Templates (1) Thank You (1) The Getty Villa (1) The Sistine Chapel (1) Time Out (1) Treasures (1) Trends (1) Trying. Something New (1) Twilight Saga (1) Two On Tuesday (1) USA (1) VOTE 2012 (1) Wicked (1) Willow Tree (1) Windsor Tea (1) Winner (1) Worldwide Candle Lighting (1) Zoo (1) button (1) closet (1) cottage (1) digging (1) handkerchief (1) karma (1) memory (1) tests (1) webkinz (1)