Monday, August 5, 2019

MONTANA - YOU HAVE TO EAT!

We had a great visit with Amber and Dylan in Great Falls Montana. I will show more pictures later. These are some of the foods we enjoyed. I made Easy Provolone Chicken which is very easy and a favorite of ours. I also made Meat Loaf one day. This recipe is from Fanny Farmers cook book which I've been making for many years. 

Planned on making Italian Meatballs too but never got around to it. Just like when I go to Florida to visit my dad I get all the spices together so I don't have to buy them when I get there. As it turns out I now have two sets now of spices ready for meatballs since I didn't get around to them in Florida either. 

We had pizza the first night we were there. Sorry I didn't get a picture of it. Actually we ended up having it 3 times!!! It's called Howard's Pizza and it is very good thin crust pizza. 

We also went out one night for a very nice dinner at Jaker's. It's one of Amber and Dylan's favorite places. Since we were not there for Amber's birthday in May and won't be there for Dylan's birthday in September we celebrated both birthday's. 

Now there is a hamburger joint which is awesome. Actually it is just a block away from their house. It's called the Roadhouse Diner. Actually the woman who owns the place has played on Guy's Grocery Games. They are delicious burgers! 

I don't have a picture of the Crown Burger's in Salt Lake City Utah but they are delicious! My blog friend Holli mentioned it once in one of her posts so we tried them out. We will definitely go there again. 

On the way home we stopped at Hruska's Kolaches in Provo, Utah. This place has been seen on Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. The people are from Texas and we have had similar Kolaches in Houston, Texas. 

As much as I love Cheese Kolaches, and these were spectacular, they are known for their breakfast rolls filled with awesomeness. It was a fun stop and will definitely go there again. 

On the way home we always time it so that we can stop and pick up pizza at Aurelio's in Las Vegas. This is a favorite chain of ours from Chicago. We buy one to eat in the car and also take one home with us. 

I am not a fan of posting pictures of myself everywhere but I liked the way this one came out. We are on Amber and Dylan's front porch. More to come about our day trips in another post. 

Not the healthiest trip, that's for sure. I did much better in Florida. Anyway I didn't gain any weight and I'm back to my normal diet now!!

*Wait, I forgot to tell you about the sandwich which Amber and Dylan make. It is made with sour dough bread, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. They make it on their George Foreman grill. Absolutely delicious!! 

14 comments:

Little Penpen said...

I'm a foodie and I would have loved to have tagged along! Sounds like you had a great time and I love the pic of you and your husband!

Sue said...

Hi Debby, one of the things I look forward to on trips is all the different food, I will be enjoying, it sounds like you found some great places to dine, thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Ann said...

Everything sounds delicious and now you've made me hungry. Wonderful picture of you and your husband. I'm glad you posted it

Pam said...

Sometimes day trips should not be healthy! And the way that pizza looks....WoW and YuMmY! Looks like you had a great time! Nice seeing a face to go with a name.

Chatty Crone said...

I am so glad you went to visit the kids. I didn't know you were going. The food did look delicious. Sometimes you just have to splurge. Different foods out west than are here in Georgia.
Love, sandie

betty said...

I like the picture of you and Mark! Oh my gosh all that delicious food! I'm thinking how can you eat a pizza like that in the car? Very carefully I would imagine. Looking forward to your day trip posts!

betty

MadSnapper said...

sounds like a wonderful trip to me.. that is a great photo of the two of you on the porch... I would love to see Montana

Mevely317 said...

Your hair looks so pretty in that photo, Debby! Once the weather cools and I dare turn on the oven (ha) I'm going to make that Provolone Chicken … thanks for sharing!

Love Of Quilts said...

Good that you can go and have a wonderful time. I bet you spoiled the baby.

photowannabe said...

Well, you certainly succeeded in making me hungry!!
It sounds like you had a delightful time.
It's fun to read about all of your special places to stop and have a great meal.

Carla from The River said...

I love the photo of you and Mark. All your eats sound fantastic.
Love, Carla

Mara said...

I want pizza with lots of cheese now!

a片成人網站 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
免費a片下載 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southern California, United States
Follow Just Breathe

Labels

Wednesday Hodgepodge (562) Family (241) Birthdays (160) Vacation (138) Funny (131) Tuesday 4 Meme (127) Tuesday 4 (104) James (102) Skye (99) Post It (95) Movies (89) Christmas (67) JP (61) Random (40) Award (39) Florida (32) Easter (30) Health (29) Thanksgiving (28) Flowers (23) Mother's Day (20) Vegas (20) tag (20) Father's Day (19) God (19) My Dad (19) Ornaments (19) Friend (18) Anniversary (17) Europe (17) Friday Fragments (17) I've Got Nothing (17) New Year (17) Halloween (16) Chicago (15) Doctor (15) Meet Me on Monday (15) Montana (15) Oscars (15) 4th of July (14) Friday Fill-In (14) Mammoth Lakes (14) Sky (14) VALENTINE'S DAY (14) Debby's Tree (13) For Your Tears (13) Giveaway (12) House (12) Recipes (12) 9/11 (11) Memorial Day (11) Paris (11) This or That (11) Wedding (11) Asthma (10) Bake (10) Carlsbad (10) Holiday (9) Just Because (9) Labor Day (9) Love (9) Rainbow (9) Shopping (9) Sick (9) Disney World (8) Round Robin (8) Veterans Day (8) Fat Ass Friday (7) Frustration (7) London (7) Mark (7) Plants (7) heart (7) 2011 (6) Apples (6) Birthday (6) Christmas Tree (6) Disneyland (6) Fall (6) Houston (6) Loss (6) Miscellaneous (6) PINTEREST (6) Pictures (6) Prayer (6) Thankful (6) Video (6) bowling (6) Car (5) Change (5) Company (5) Earth Day (5) Following (5) Help (5) Monday Smiles (5) One Word (5) Pittsburgh (5) Princess Diana (5) Quiz (5) Spring (5) Sundays In My City (5) Super Bowl (5) The Flower Fields (5) Time (5) Wizard of Oz (5) 2 on Tuesday (4) Blogiversary (4) Breast Cancer Awareness (4) COVID-19 (4) Christmas 2012 (4) Christmas 2013 (4) Christmas 2015 (4) Down (4) Grandparents (4) Housework (4) Memory Monday (4) Murphy's Law (4) On Our Way (4) Remembrance (4) Wine (4) AMERICAN IDOL (3) Anxiety (3) Blog (3) Cats and Dogs (3) Christmas 2020 (3) Christmas 2021 (3) Clouds (3) Crockpot (3) Dogs (3) Don't grow old (3) Fire (3) Food (3) Gift (3) In Memoriam (3) Italy (3) La Jolla (3) Ladybug (3) May Day (3) Movie (3) Moving in (3) Museum (3) NO-REPLY (3) New York (3) Pizza (3) Reader (3) Royal Wedding (3) San Diego Zoo (3) Signs (3) St.Patrick's Day (3) Summer (3) Weight (3) star (3) 2010 (2) Babysitting (2) Big Brother (2) Bodie (2) Bristlecone (2) Bucket List (2) Christmas 2014 (2) Christmas 2017 (2) Christmas 2018 (2) Christmas 2022 (2) Christmas 2023 (2) Cowboy (2) Deer (2) Fishing (2) Five Questions (2) Friday Foto Friends (2) Full Moon (2) Goals (2) Graduations (2) Hallmark (2) Heavyhearted (2) Jack's Tree (2) Jay's Gourmet (2) Knee Replacement (2) Leaves (2) Less is More (2) MAYDAY (2) Meme (2) Mini Cooper (2) Mission Inn (2) Mojo (2) Mountains (2) NYC (2) Old Age (2) Ouch (2) Out to Live (2) Party (2) Potluck (2) Presents (2) Purchased (2) Ranunculus (2) Robot (2) Royal Baby (2) Safari Park (2) Show and Tell (2) Simplify (2) Slap me (2) Snow (2) Sorrow (2) Stranger (2) TBB Asks (2) Tears (2) Things to do (2) Trees (2) Weekend Wrap-Up (2) Wilson Winery (2) '09 card exchange (1) 000 (1) 2016 (1) 2020 (1) 3 On Thursday (1) 48 Questions (1) All My Children (1) Always something (1) Ankle (1) Antiques (1) Aria (1) Bath (1) Billy Elliot (1) Bird (1) Bra (1) Brookfield Zoo (1) COPD (1) Call the Midwife (1) Candles (1) Celebration (1) Chairs (1) Christmas '09 (1) Christmas 2016 (1) Christmas 2019 (1) Church (1) Citizens arrest (1) City lights (1) Clocks (1) Cows (1) DMV (1) DVD (1) Discombobulated (1) Donations (1) Downton Abbey (1) F.Y.I. (1) Fair (1) Farmers Market (1) Favorite Things (1) Featured (1) Finley (1) Flag Day (1) Football (1) Getty (1) Giving (1) Good Morning (1) Grandson (1) Grapes (1) Happy New Year (1) Hoover Dam (1) Horseback Riding (1) IKEA (1) Idol (1) Idyllwild (1) Independence Day (1) Jesus (1) Joshua Tree National Park (1) Julian Bakery (1) June (1) LaJolla (1) Lavender Festival (1) Lifetime (1) Lost (1) Low Carb Treats (1) Madness (1) Mellow Yellow Monday (1) Moment of Silence (1) Music (1) Nana (1) Negative (1) Nipples (1) Nobody Is Home (1) Note Book Journey (1) Nurses (1) Oak Glen (1) One Word 2022 (1) One of those days (1) Owls (1) PT (1) Pinecones (1) Playing Hooky (1) Post 1 (1) President (1) Pretty in Pink (1) Puppy (1) Queen Mary (1) Quick Takes (1) Randomness (1) Regrets (1) Ringling (1) Rock/Hard Place (1) Roosters (1) Route 66 (1) SOS (1) Sale (1) Salt and Pepper Shakers (1) San Diego Harbor (1) Saturday 9 (1) She Loves Me (1) Silver Lining (1) Snail Mail (1) Spam (1) Speak English (1) Spider (1) Spin Cycle (1) Stamps (1) Stars (1) Stoned (1) Summer Lovin' (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Sunset (1) Surprise (1) Survey (1) Swim (1) TBT (1) TP (1) Temecula CA (1) Templates (1) Thank You (1) The Getty Villa (1) The Sistine Chapel (1) Time Out (1) Treasures (1) Trends (1) Trying. Something New (1) Twilight Saga (1) Two On Tuesday (1) USA (1) VOTE 2012 (1) Wicked (1) Willow Tree (1) Windsor Tea (1) Winner (1) Worldwide Candle Lighting (1) Zoo (1) button (1) closet (1) cottage (1) digging (1) handkerchief (1) karma (1) memory (1) tests (1) webkinz (1)