Thursday, February 6, 2020

AT THE MOVIES


I'm afraid this is going to be a long one so I will be brief in my opinions. I have movies going from November 4th until January 27th. 

First up is Motherless Brooklyn. We thought this movie was very good. It's a long one! 
"In 1950s New York, a lonely private detective afflicted with Tourette's Syndrome ventures to solve the murder of his mentor and only friend."


Next up is Last Christmas. This was a cute story with a twist. We both enjoyed it! 
"Kate is a young woman subscribed to bad decisions. Working as an elf in a year round Christmas store is not good for the wannabe singer. However, she meets Tom there. Her life takes a new turn. For Kate, it seems too good to be true."


I saw Frozen II. Loved it and will buy it! They did a great job again.
"Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven leave Arendelle to travel to an ancient, autumn-bound forest of an enchanted land. They set out to find the origin of Elsa's powers in order to save their kingdom."


Then I went to see A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood. It was excellent. I loved it. I'm a sucker for "based on a true story."
"Based on the true story of a real-life friendship between Fred Rogers and journalist Tom Junod."


Next up was Terminator: Dark Fate. We enjoyed this one! If you are a Terminator fan you will enjoy it too. 

"An augmented human and Sarah Connor must stop an advanced liquid Terminator, from hunting down a young girl, whose fate is critical to the human race."


Then we went to see Charlie's Angel's. I have to say we enjoyed it a lot. Loved the cast! 

"When a young systems engineer blows the whistle on a dangerous technology, Charlie's Angels are called into action, putting their lives on the line to protect us all."


Midway is the next one we saw. Excellent war movie. Mark was very impressed because it showed him what his father did in the war. Not in the Battle of Midway but he was a dive bomber. 
"The story of the Battle of Midway, told by the leaders and the sailors who fought it."



We saw Uncut Gems which was a very good movie. Not easy to watch but we are glad we saw it. Unlike any other Adam Sandler movies. 
"A charismatic New York City jeweler always on the lookout for the next big score makes a series of high-stakes bets that could lead to the windfall of a lifetime. Howard must perform a precarious high-wire act, balancing business, family, and encroaching adversaries on all sides in his relentless pursuit of the ultimate win."


Up next is 1917. This movie was excellent. It was shot in something called continuous shot. Click to watch it. I do believe this movie is worthy of the Academy Award for Best Picture. 
"April 6th 1917. As a regiment assembles to wage war deep in enemy territory, two soldiers are assigned to race against time and deliver a message, that will stop 1,600 men, from walking straight into a deadly trap."


Then I went to see Little Women. I've never read the book or have seen the other Little Women movies. I liked it and would like to see it again. It jumps around a lot which can be confusing. Of course I loved the actors and that always takes me to the movies to see them. I just might have to read the book. 

"Jo March reflects back and forth on her life, telling the beloved story of the March sisters - four young women each determined to live life on their own terms."


The Academy Awards are on Sunday night February 9th. You know I will be watching them!!!

We also watched The Irishman on Netflix which was very good but very long so it was nice watching it at home. Also we saw Marriage Story on Netflix which we really liked. Great dialogue movie. Both are up for Academy Awards. 

11 comments:

Ann said...

Quite a few here that I would like to see. Nice that you enjoyed them all. I hate when you go see a movie only to find out it's a real dud.

Sandi said...

I just watched the original Terminator! Now I am curious to see the new one.

Little Penpen said...

I want to see the Mr Rogers one.

Patti said...

Some of these I have never even heard of. My husband and I saw Midway about a month ago, and my daughter and I are going to Little Women this evening. I'd like to see Mister Rogers and 1917.

Cathy said...

Of all your listed movies, I've seen 2 of them. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood and Little Women. Both were awesome! I highly recommend reading Little Women and seeing the older versions of the movies. They don't jump around quite as much and having seen them and read the book helped me keep up with the jumping around in this version.

Mevely317 said...

I know Tom would enjoy both Midway and 1917! It's been decades since I read Little Women, but that would be my pick. I've been trying to reconcile the actors' appearances, based on what I remember of the author's descriptions. Do you think the casting director got it right?

Chatty Crone said...

Hey like usual we will be watching the awards together this Sunday.
I saw Little Women and Fred Rogers- which I ordered and should get any day.
Love them both.
Love, sandie

betty said...

Lots of good movies you saw, Debbie! I'll be glad when they come out on RedBox, though some I believe should be seen on the big screen!

betty

Carla from The River said...

I always appreciate your Movie Reviews. We went to Midway and thought is was powerful.

Mara said...

I am always a bit put off by Kristen Stewart. I have yet to see her in any film with something even resembling a smile! She is probably a very good actress, but she would not draw me to see a film. Although, Charlie's Angels... that might sway me.

I have not seen anything lately. Financial insecurity at the moment is a massive factor for that. I can't wait to have a proper job again!

Love Of Quilts said...

I like that you keep us up on the movies. I will watch some of them when they come out online.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southern California, United States
Follow Just Breathe

Labels

Wednesday Hodgepodge (562) Family (241) Birthdays (160) Vacation (138) Funny (131) Tuesday 4 Meme (127) Tuesday 4 (104) James (101) Skye (99) Post It (95) Movies (89) Christmas (67) JP (61) Random (40) Award (39) Florida (32) Easter (30) Health (29) Thanksgiving (28) Flowers (23) Mother's Day (20) Vegas (20) tag (20) Father's Day (19) God (19) My Dad (19) Ornaments (19) Friend (18) Anniversary (17) Europe (17) Friday Fragments (17) I've Got Nothing (17) New Year (17) Halloween (16) Chicago (15) Meet Me on Monday (15) Montana (15) Oscars (15) 4th of July (14) Doctor (14) Friday Fill-In (14) Mammoth Lakes (14) Sky (14) VALENTINE'S DAY (14) Debby's Tree (13) For Your Tears (13) Giveaway (12) House (12) Recipes (12) 9/11 (11) Memorial Day (11) Paris (11) This or That (11) Wedding (11) Asthma (10) Bake (10) Carlsbad (10) Holiday (9) Just Because (9) Labor Day (9) Love (9) Rainbow (9) Shopping (9) Sick (9) Disney World (8) Round Robin (8) Veterans Day (8) Fat Ass Friday (7) Frustration (7) London (7) Mark (7) Plants (7) heart (7) 2011 (6) Apples (6) Birthday (6) Christmas Tree (6) Disneyland (6) Fall (6) Houston (6) Loss (6) Miscellaneous (6) PINTEREST (6) Pictures (6) Prayer (6) Thankful (6) Video (6) bowling (6) Car (5) Change (5) Company (5) Earth Day (5) Following (5) Help (5) Monday Smiles (5) One Word (5) Pittsburgh (5) Princess Diana (5) Quiz (5) Spring (5) Sundays In My City (5) Super Bowl (5) The Flower Fields (5) Time (5) Wizard of Oz (5) 2 on Tuesday (4) Blogiversary (4) Breast Cancer Awareness (4) COVID-19 (4) Christmas 2012 (4) Christmas 2013 (4) Christmas 2015 (4) Down (4) Grandparents (4) Housework (4) Memory Monday (4) Murphy's Law (4) On Our Way (4) Remembrance (4) Wine (4) AMERICAN IDOL (3) Blog (3) Cats and Dogs (3) Christmas 2020 (3) Christmas 2021 (3) Clouds (3) Crockpot (3) Dogs (3) Don't grow old (3) Fire (3) Food (3) Gift (3) In Memoriam (3) Italy (3) La Jolla (3) Ladybug (3) May Day (3) Movie (3) Moving in (3) Museum (3) NO-REPLY (3) New York (3) Pizza (3) Reader (3) Royal Wedding (3) San Diego Zoo (3) Signs (3) St.Patrick's Day (3) Summer (3) Weight (3) star (3) 2010 (2) Anxiety (2) Babysitting (2) Big Brother (2) Bodie (2) Bristlecone (2) Bucket List (2) Christmas 2014 (2) Christmas 2017 (2) Christmas 2018 (2) Christmas 2022 (2) Christmas 2023 (2) Cowboy (2) Deer (2) Fishing (2) Five Questions (2) Friday Foto Friends (2) Full Moon (2) Goals (2) Graduations (2) Hallmark (2) Heavyhearted (2) Jack's Tree (2) Jay's Gourmet (2) Knee Replacement (2) Leaves (2) Less is More (2) MAYDAY (2) Meme (2) Mini Cooper (2) Mission Inn (2) Mojo (2) Mountains (2) NYC (2) Old Age (2) Ouch (2) Out to Live (2) Party (2) Potluck (2) Presents (2) Purchased (2) Ranunculus (2) Robot (2) Royal Baby (2) Safari Park (2) Show and Tell (2) Simplify (2) Slap me (2) Snow (2) Sorrow (2) Stranger (2) TBB Asks (2) Tears (2) Things to do (2) Trees (2) Weekend Wrap-Up (2) Wilson Winery (2) '09 card exchange (1) 000 (1) 2016 (1) 2020 (1) 3 On Thursday (1) 48 Questions (1) All My Children (1) Always something (1) Ankle (1) Antiques (1) Aria (1) Bath (1) Billy Elliot (1) Bird (1) Bra (1) Brookfield Zoo (1) COPD (1) Call the Midwife (1) Candles (1) Celebration (1) Chairs (1) Christmas '09 (1) Christmas 2016 (1) Christmas 2019 (1) Church (1) Citizens arrest (1) City lights (1) Clocks (1) Cows (1) DMV (1) DVD (1) Discombobulated (1) Donations (1) Downton Abbey (1) F.Y.I. (1) Fair (1) Farmers Market (1) Favorite Things (1) Featured (1) Finley (1) Flag Day (1) Football (1) Getty (1) Giving (1) Good Morning (1) Grandson (1) Grapes (1) Happy New Year (1) Hoover Dam (1) Horseback Riding (1) IKEA (1) Idol (1) Idyllwild (1) Independence Day (1) Jesus (1) Joshua Tree National Park (1) Julian Bakery (1) June (1) LaJolla (1) Lavender Festival (1) Lifetime (1) Lost (1) Low Carb Treats (1) Madness (1) Mellow Yellow Monday (1) Moment of Silence (1) Music (1) Nana (1) Negative (1) Nipples (1) Nobody Is Home (1) Note Book Journey (1) Nurses (1) Oak Glen (1) One Word 2022 (1) One of those days (1) Owls (1) PT (1) Pinecones (1) Playing Hooky (1) Post 1 (1) President (1) Pretty in Pink (1) Puppy (1) Queen Mary (1) Quick Takes (1) Randomness (1) Regrets (1) Ringling (1) Rock/Hard Place (1) Roosters (1) Route 66 (1) SOS (1) Sale (1) Salt and Pepper Shakers (1) San Diego Harbor (1) Saturday 9 (1) She Loves Me (1) Silver Lining (1) Snail Mail (1) Spam (1) Speak English (1) Spider (1) Spin Cycle (1) Stamps (1) Stars (1) Stoned (1) Summer Lovin' (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Sunset (1) Surprise (1) Survey (1) Swim (1) TBT (1) TP (1) Temecula CA (1) Templates (1) Thank You (1) The Getty Villa (1) The Sistine Chapel (1) Time Out (1) Treasures (1) Trends (1) Trying. Something New (1) Twilight Saga (1) Two On Tuesday (1) USA (1) VOTE 2012 (1) Wicked (1) Willow Tree (1) Windsor Tea (1) Winner (1) Worldwide Candle Lighting (1) Zoo (1) button (1) closet (1) cottage (1) digging (1) handkerchief (1) karma (1) memory (1) tests (1) webkinz (1)