Friday, April 24, 2020

LIFE RIGHT NOW "LOTS OF FRUSTRATION"


This is probably going to be long....just so you know! 

Had a CD that was maturing so I called Wells Fargo and worked on it with a woman a few weeks ago. I was supposed to get a letter to sign and mail it back. Well it didn't arrive so 10 days later I called and the person was very helpful. The letter had just gone out. 

However reaching someone was a pain in the ass. I was on hold for 58 minutes before they disconnected me. Then I was on hold for 48 minutes before I spoke the nice lady who helped me. 

We were going to deposit the money into our account and we were nearing the grace period. She told me something I didn't know. If you are 59 1/2 or older you can close out a CD at anytime without penalty. The letter came, I mailed it back in and we will just watch to see if it gets deposited. 
We had to have Spectrum out a few weeks ago to fix our landline phone. While he was here he upgraded a few things. All seemed pretty good for awhile. Then our premium channels went out. Took me three tries before one woman had an idea of what might work. It's something called The Golden Key, they have to request it to be done. 

Next day our channels were back. However we set up an appointment for Wednesday just in case it didn't work. So I cancelled the appointment and wouldn't you know we had an issue on Wednesday! I was in my office, which is off of our bedroom. I was watching TV and I was on my phone. Mark walked into our closet, switched on the light and the Wi-Fi connection went out. 

We had noticed that our signal would go out from time to time since the guy was out here for the phone. Light bulb moment! Closet light was turning off the connection. Router/Modem is in the closet. It use to have just one single plug. Now there were two large plugs. So we took a surge protector, plugged them both into that and so far so good! Wi-Fi hasn't gone out in 24 hours. 
Mark needs to get a MRI on his brain for his left ear. They are thinking there may be a tumor for his hearing loss in that ear. Other ear is fine. Well he hasn't gone yet because of the lockdown. 

I just found something out that upset me and I'm struggling with it. In 2018 I had a mammogram and they found a spot they wanted to check further. We did that at the end of 2018 and it was nothing to be concerned about. 

Got my latest mammogram and received a letter that something needed to be checked further. Took the letter to my doctor in February. He said pick up the CD and take it to Centerlake Imaging. When I took it there they said they had no one to compare them and that your doctor needed to request it. Then someone said you should get a letter in a few weeks. Two different answers. 

So I called my doctors office and told them that he needed to call in the request to have them compared. My letter didn't have any further information. Well guess what, his did! This time it was my right breast which he never mentioned to me. I would have told him it was my left breast before. So I am going to go in May but I hate all of this time wasted and I'm really scared. How many times can we get "it's nothing to be concerned with." 

We are both going on May 13th but I am so concerned about social distancing. It can't really be done in this situation. I will be wearing a mask and the person I'm working with better be wearing a mask. I'm going to ask them if they take their employees temperatures each day. I am high risk and I can't get this virus yet we can't put off these important test. 
My dad's service was on April 9th. My sister and here family were able to be there. They were distanced by family units at the funeral home and everyone was wearing a mask. We were able to watch his service streamed live. 

Just typing this I started crying. Streaming his service was not closer for me. I'm am still struggling with him being gone. It doesn't seem real. I stare at the picture of him in his casket and it doesn't look like him at all. 

Then he was on a flight out the next day to Illinois. He was laid to rest next to my mom in a wall crypt that they have in the mausoleum in Woodlawn Cemetery in Forest Park, IL. 

You know how they say "Be careful for what you ask for", well about 2 months ago I remember saying to my sister "The last thing I want to do is see dad in a casket." I said this because I just didn't want him to leave us. He was truly my best friend and I'm tired of remembering people in their caskets. 

Also I have a stack of sympathy cards which I haven't had the courage to open yet. I remember when my mom passed away 38 years ago, I was busy with the kids and then nine months later Mark walked out on my. The one thing I do know is that I will survive and life does go on.
So how about some good news. We are going to see James tomorrow. The 10ft social distancing is working out great. We bring drinks and snacks so there is not contact between us. This will be our 4th visit. Otherwise I've been in the house for 44 days. Here are a few picks of James at Easter and last weekend. 

On Easter we get together with Gabby's family at a German restaurant and get German pancakes. Didn't happen this year but they ran and got take out so this is James enjoying his pancake! 






I myself finally got motivated yesterday. Been in a big slump. I dusted and vacuumed along with doing other small projects. It felt good to get busy. Today I'm going to start doing my Jane Fonda walk DVD and start using my days to accomplish something other than watching Hallmark movies! 

15 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Awe Debby - it seems when it rains it pours. I am frustrated with you over this virus thing. Phone calls and orders for things are taking forever. When I wait for 45 minutes on the phone - I get disconnected.
Now I do think if you are very careful and wear masks and gloves and the doctor areas do too - you should be okay. There are no promises of that - but God is with us and knows ahead of time the plan he has for us. I can say this because I have a 19 year old here that doesn't care too much about the virus and it agitates me no end.
I am sorry about the mammogram - it's scary - know about that too.
You have a lot on your plate right now and I am very sorry.
Glad you are going to get to see James!
Love, sandie

betty said...

I bet the place where you will go for testing, Debby, checks their employees temps daily. I'm sure they will have a mask on and gloves. They don't want to get sick either so I'm sure they are doing all they can to make sure they are preventing the spread anyway they can. It will be good to get the testing done. Hopefully you'll get reads of the tests quickly so you can see what (if hopefully nothing) you are dealing with.

So frustrating with dealing with the issues with the bank (wow that was a long time to be on hold and then to get disconnected) and then another long wait time. Plus the issue with Spectrum was not fun to deal with.

Its hard too not to have closer with your dad's death like it would have been if you could have been there in person.

Thankfully you have the silver lining with James, who is so adorable, and that he is "okay" with how you get to see him these days.

betty

Mevely317 said...

Oh my word. I don't know which would be worse: The absurd wait times, only to be disconnected, or Spectrum snafu. Waiting on test results is an exquisite agony in and of itself. I know. (Maybe that's why I keep postponing my own mammogram?)
On the bright side, James is adorable -- and looking more and more like a young man, not a baby. Slow down, little one!
We're here for you!

Ann said...

You sure have had your share of it lately. The phone calls a wait times would have drove me nuts. I have no patience for being on hold.
I can't imagine how difficult that was to not be there for your dads funeral.
Hugs coming your way and prayers for better days ahead.

Mara said...

I am so sorry life isn't going nice at the moment. And yes of course you worry. It's your health and your body! But it's good you talk about it.

I hope it was a free number you called! Nearly two hours on hold: ridiculous!

James looks like a right little man already. Love his cardigan as well.

Big klem

Susan said...

Hi Debby, I totally understand how you fee about your dad. I felt the same way about my dad. He was my best friend and I took his loss so hard that I needed to see a grief counselor. My daughter works for an OB clinic. She says it is standard protocol now for every employee to have their temperature taken and all have to wear mask. Every patient has to also. I am sure they will at your place. I am glad you are pursing things because sometimes things fall through the cracks. 10 years ago Kaiser found something a routine mamo and they called me to let me know and go in a few days later or a biopsy. It turned out to be a calcification. I still have to have yearly mamos especially now that my aunt has breast cancer. Glad you got the Spectrum issture taken care of. Your grandson is beautiful!!!

Secret Agent Woman said...

You have a lot on your plate right now, complicated by grieving your dad. The medical scares for both you and your husband are tough. It's hard to have to wait to get the answers. I am so hoping the results are negative for both of you.

Gloria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gloria said...

Oh my heavens, what do I say here.
Debby I am so sorry to hear all of this has hit you at once.
This is very stressful for you.
I will just say I hope that everything goes good for your and
Mark's tests and that everything in life that you are facing
now gets easier for you.
Praying for you!

Debi said...

I am so sorry for all of the things you are needing to get through right now. It reminds me of a poster I've seen quite a lot of lately... "This too shall pass, it may pass like a kidney stone, but it will pass." I'm sorry about the loss of your dad, losing a parent is a very hard thing to go through. I hope that things start looking up for you soon, starting with your appointment for testing. I will keep you in my prayers. Stay safe and well...

The Feminine Energy said...

Oh my gosh, that schweet bay-beeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely positively gorgeous!!!

I had a questionable mammogram years & years ago. Scared me to death! So I went to Chicago (it's about 45 miles from me) and was tested further. I had 17 mammogram x-rays on my left breast. They'd take a few, then I'd go back to the waiting room.... then they'd take a few more and I'd go back to sit down again. This took all afternoon, with fewer & fewer other women waiting in the waiting room until I was the only one left. Final conclusion? The x-rays weren't normal but... they were normal for me! I was checked every 6 months for 2 years after that and nothing changed. I figured I had enough rays through my left breast to CAUSE cancer, by that time, and have never been checked since. I'm guessing this was 20 years ago or more. So I can sympathize with you, kiddo. Try not to worry too much abut it all.

It sounds like other things in your life are causing a ruckus. I am so sorry about all that. Know that I'm keeping you close in thought & in prayer.

Love, Andrea xoxo

Carla from The River said...

Hi Debby,
Lots of love and prayers your way. Goodness, life really can toss us way too many curve balls at one time.
And you have too many! Lots of love!!
Carla

Cindy said...

I'm sorry you're going through so much right now. As if this pandemic wasn't enough, you've got so much more being thrown at you. I will keep you in my prayers.

Michelle said...

Debby, sometimes life can be so frustrating. You've sure had your fill.

I am so glad you get to see James, even from a distance.

I need to get motivated to do something! I am so tired.
When I think about vacuuming someone here is sleeping, so I can't.

I hope you have a pleasant day!!

Vee said...

I am very sorry for your loss and lack of closure, Debby. These are very strange times and we all hope for them to be gone. That little grandson is adorable.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southern California, United States
Follow Just Breathe

Labels

Wednesday Hodgepodge (563) Family (241) Birthdays (160) Vacation (138) Funny (131) Tuesday 4 Meme (127) Tuesday 4 (104) James (103) Skye (99) Post It (95) Movies (89) Christmas (67) JP (61) Random (40) Award (39) Florida (32) Easter (30) Health (29) Thanksgiving (28) Flowers (23) Mother's Day (20) Vegas (20) tag (20) Father's Day (19) God (19) My Dad (19) Ornaments (19) Friend (18) Anniversary (17) Europe (17) Friday Fragments (17) I've Got Nothing (17) New Year (17) Halloween (16) Chicago (15) Doctor (15) Meet Me on Monday (15) Montana (15) Oscars (15) 4th of July (14) Friday Fill-In (14) Mammoth Lakes (14) Sky (14) VALENTINE'S DAY (14) Debby's Tree (13) For Your Tears (13) Giveaway (12) House (12) Recipes (12) 9/11 (11) Memorial Day (11) Paris (11) This or That (11) Wedding (11) Asthma (10) Bake (10) Carlsbad (10) Holiday (9) Just Because (9) Labor Day (9) Love (9) Rainbow (9) Shopping (9) Sick (9) Disney World (8) Round Robin (8) Veterans Day (8) Fat Ass Friday (7) Frustration (7) London (7) Mark (7) Plants (7) heart (7) 2011 (6) Apples (6) Birthday (6) Christmas Tree (6) Disneyland (6) Fall (6) Houston (6) Loss (6) Miscellaneous (6) PINTEREST (6) Pictures (6) Prayer (6) Thankful (6) Video (6) bowling (6) Car (5) Change (5) Company (5) Earth Day (5) Following (5) Help (5) Monday Smiles (5) One Word (5) Pittsburgh (5) Princess Diana (5) Quiz (5) Spring (5) Sundays In My City (5) Super Bowl (5) The Flower Fields (5) Time (5) Wizard of Oz (5) 2 on Tuesday (4) Blogiversary (4) Breast Cancer Awareness (4) COVID-19 (4) Christmas 2012 (4) Christmas 2013 (4) Christmas 2015 (4) Down (4) Grandparents (4) Housework (4) Memory Monday (4) Murphy's Law (4) On Our Way (4) Remembrance (4) Wine (4) AMERICAN IDOL (3) Anxiety (3) Blog (3) Cats and Dogs (3) Christmas 2020 (3) Christmas 2021 (3) Clouds (3) Crockpot (3) Dogs (3) Don't grow old (3) Fire (3) Food (3) Gift (3) In Memoriam (3) Italy (3) La Jolla (3) Ladybug (3) May Day (3) Movie (3) Moving in (3) Museum (3) NO-REPLY (3) New York (3) Pizza (3) Reader (3) Royal Wedding (3) San Diego Zoo (3) Signs (3) St.Patrick's Day (3) Summer (3) Weight (3) star (3) 2010 (2) Babysitting (2) Big Brother (2) Bodie (2) Bristlecone (2) Bucket List (2) Christmas 2014 (2) Christmas 2017 (2) Christmas 2018 (2) Christmas 2022 (2) Christmas 2023 (2) Cowboy (2) Deer (2) Fishing (2) Five Questions (2) Friday Foto Friends (2) Full Moon (2) Goals (2) Graduations (2) Hallmark (2) Heavyhearted (2) Jack's Tree (2) Jay's Gourmet (2) Knee Replacement (2) Leaves (2) Less is More (2) MAYDAY (2) Meme (2) Mini Cooper (2) Mission Inn (2) Mojo (2) Mountains (2) NYC (2) Old Age (2) Ouch (2) Out to Live (2) Party (2) Potluck (2) Presents (2) Purchased (2) Ranunculus (2) Robot (2) Royal Baby (2) Safari Park (2) Show and Tell (2) Simplify (2) Slap me (2) Snow (2) Sorrow (2) Stranger (2) TBB Asks (2) Tears (2) Things to do (2) Trees (2) Weekend Wrap-Up (2) Wilson Winery (2) '09 card exchange (1) 000 (1) 2016 (1) 2020 (1) 3 On Thursday (1) 48 Questions (1) All My Children (1) Always something (1) Ankle (1) Antiques (1) Aria (1) Bath (1) Billy Elliot (1) Bird (1) Bra (1) Brookfield Zoo (1) COPD (1) Call the Midwife (1) Candles (1) Celebration (1) Chairs (1) Christmas '09 (1) Christmas 2016 (1) Christmas 2019 (1) Church (1) Citizens arrest (1) City lights (1) Clocks (1) Cows (1) DMV (1) DVD (1) Discombobulated (1) Donations (1) Downton Abbey (1) F.Y.I. (1) Fair (1) Farmers Market (1) Favorite Things (1) Featured (1) Finley (1) Flag Day (1) Football (1) Getty (1) Giving (1) Good Morning (1) Grandson (1) Grapes (1) Happy New Year (1) Hoover Dam (1) Horseback Riding (1) IKEA (1) Idol (1) Idyllwild (1) Independence Day (1) Jesus (1) Joshua Tree National Park (1) Julian Bakery (1) June (1) LaJolla (1) Lavender Festival (1) Lifetime (1) Lost (1) Low Carb Treats (1) Madness (1) Mellow Yellow Monday (1) Moment of Silence (1) Music (1) Nana (1) Negative (1) Nipples (1) Nobody Is Home (1) Note Book Journey (1) Nurses (1) Oak Glen (1) One Word 2022 (1) One of those days (1) Owls (1) PT (1) Pinecones (1) Playing Hooky (1) Post 1 (1) President (1) Pretty in Pink (1) Puppy (1) Queen Mary (1) Quick Takes (1) Randomness (1) Regrets (1) Ringling (1) Rock/Hard Place (1) Roosters (1) Route 66 (1) SOS (1) Sale (1) Salt and Pepper Shakers (1) San Diego Harbor (1) Saturday 9 (1) She Loves Me (1) Silver Lining (1) Snail Mail (1) Spam (1) Speak English (1) Spider (1) Spin Cycle (1) Stamps (1) Stars (1) Stoned (1) Summer Lovin' (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Sunset (1) Surprise (1) Survey (1) Swim (1) TBT (1) TP (1) Temecula CA (1) Templates (1) Thank You (1) The Getty Villa (1) The Sistine Chapel (1) Time Out (1) Treasures (1) Trends (1) Trying. Something New (1) Twilight Saga (1) Two On Tuesday (1) USA (1) VOTE 2012 (1) Wicked (1) Willow Tree (1) Windsor Tea (1) Winner (1) Worldwide Candle Lighting (1) Zoo (1) button (1) closet (1) cottage (1) digging (1) handkerchief (1) karma (1) memory (1) tests (1) webkinz (1)