Wednesday, December 15, 2021

WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #445

Thank you Joyce.
To join in click HERE

1. How young is young? In the past, according to various organizations who decide these things, age 60 was the 'border age' to old. The World Health Organization has done new research recently and divided up the categories as-0-17 (underage), 18-65 (youth or young people), 66-79 (middle-aged), 80-99 (elderly senior), 100+ (long-lived elderly). Your thoughts on this particular breakdown, and also your thoughts as to where you land?

Obviously I would love to live to be an elderly senior but I am sure that I won't because of my COPD, but I'm certainly going to try!!  My family history has had several members living in the elderly senior bracket. 

My dad was a month short of 97, his sister was 90, her husband was 89, Marks grandmother was 99 and his mother is turning 94 in January. I did lose my mother at 56 but she had a lot of medical issues. I think the breakdown sound okay with me. 

2. TIME magazine has declared Elon Musk person of the year in 2021. What say you? If you want to know more about how they choose you'll find that info in the link here. If you were choosing, who would be your person of the year? 

I don't follow the news much in any way shape or form. So I asked Mark about him and he felt that him being the person of the year is an okay choice. I can't wait to hear what everyone's thoughts are on someone else getting that honor. 

3. I read here ten habits of extremely likable people which include-they greet the world with a smile on their face, they ask questions, they're consistent, they put the phone away, they remember names and use them, they keep an open mind and don't pass judgement, they're authentic, they're kind and generous, accountable for their mistakes, and they send thank you notes.  

So, are you likable-lol? Which one of these habits could use some further developing in your own life? What is one habit/quality you'd add to the list? 

I know I have bad days and I've shared things here when I have been down but when I am out and around people I believe I am a likable person. 

I love to great people with a smile, I love to ask questions and I do put my phone away. I do have a problem with names. This is not because of my age, it's just an issue I have lived with since as far back as High School. It can be embarrassing. 

I try not to pass judgement because we have have a history, I am accountable for my mistakes and yes I send thank you notes. However you don't see that happen too often from me because I don't have the addresses of people that I blog with because I don't feel comfortable asking your addresses. 

4. One non-holiday related task/job/goal/dream on your to-do list that you hope/plan to make happen before the new year rolls in? 

That's a great question. Since I am pretty well caught up with everything for Christmas except for wrapping the gifts for Christmas day and wanting to do some baking, I need to clean out my bathroom cabinet. We each have big cabinets and I have a ton of things that just need to be tossed so all the new beauty products I keep buying can fit into the cabinets. (LOL)

5. Share with us some of your holiday plans. 

We had Adam, Gabby and James over on Saturday and it was a wonderful day. We made a nice filet mignon dinner. James enjoyed all of our decorations along with my 17 Hallmark singing snowmen. They may try to come over one more time before Christmas. 

We set up a Christmas train on our dining rooms table. We have had it forever. It worked okay but not necessarily geared for James' age. So we are donating it to charity and we had a new train delivered today. Can't wait for him to play with it the next time he comes over. He is so into trains now. 

On Christmas day we will be going to their house after James gets up from his nap. I can't wait for him to see the gifts we have for him. It should be a glorious day with the 5 of us although it would be awesome to have Amber and Dylan here too. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I will definitely get a Christmas post with photos out written before Christmas. Adam and Gabby did bring the dogs so we had to put up gates and I had to move a lot of things but it turned out okay. Their puppy Gracie is still pretty active. She has taken their tree down twice and of course they have nothing on the tree now. 

They went to see Santa....

So we were all set to make lunch yesterday and since it was pouring rain all day, which we needed, we decided to watch a movie. Well before we even started our lunch the power went out. Then it came back on and went back out again. It was out for over 3 hours. Then it came back on and a few hours later it went out again, however it did turn on again in a few minutes. Praying that it will stay on until the morning since Wednesday is my bowling day and it's our Christmas potluck. 

This will be the last Wednesday Hodgepodge of the year. We'll be back on track Wednesday January 5th, so plan to ring in Hodgepodge 2022 with us then. 

15 comments:

Ann said...

I'm still stuck on that first one and the fact that 18-65 is considered young people. I thought I was old until I read that...lol

Little Penpen said...

Hilarious Christmas tree pic!! Merry Christmas!

MadSnapper said...

I think the group of people who decided the ages needs to regroup.. the group i am in is definetly not me.. i don't know the name and cant remember it now from the top of the post. the one is the the person of the year. can't really be since never heard of him. just stopped to go find out who he is, still don't know him. I have heard the word spacex. ha ha
i can tell you my favorite part of your post is the tree down by dog, the joy i feel when you write about James. children are Christmas to me.. lets see the new train, i love trains to..

Chatty Crone said...

I'm 68 and I guess it is true. I always used to be the youngest in a crowd - now not all the time! lol
You are likeable for sure - a very friendly person people want to know. I love your honesty and openness.
Glad you are having so much fun with James - I remember when Andy loved trains.
That Santa picture was cute - as well as the downed tree!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cathy said...

I enjoyed your answers Debby and I love the pictures. Have a great day and I hope your electric stayed on.

photowannabe said...

I can't believe they put me in "middle age"..at 78 I sure don't like the word Elderly..I guess the old saying about being as young as you feel still works. I can't get it through my head that I'm 78..
I really try to be kind and generous with my time and monies. I very definitely send thank you notes..both snail mail and email.
I need to get my emails and all the debris on the computer "cleaned".
Christmas will be a bit different this year.
Christmas Eve our older son and wife and Dave and I will go out to a festive dinner at a "fancy" restaurant and then go together for Christmas eve service at church.
Younger son lives in Oregon so we won't be able to be together.
2 Granddaughters will be with their in-laws..we all have to take turns.
Christmas Day will be same son and wife here for brunch and then 2 friends that are like family will join us for a big turkey dinner.
Different than usual but still will be nice and cozy.
I do believe my Christmas cards are going to turn into New Year's cards this year. I just can't seem to get them done!!
Sue

Lisa said...

Years ago, I put too many ornaments on the front of our tree and not enough on the back and it fell during the night! When I read your answer to #4 about the bathroom cabinet, I thought, "yep - I do, too!"

betty said...

That is a great picture of Adam, Gabby, and James with Santa!! Oh my goodness with the pup knocking the Christmas tree down a few times!! That would not make me really happy! Good for you for having so much of Christmas ready! It does sound like you guys had a fun time with everyone over to your place and James getting to see your decorations.

betty

Joyce said...

I feel middle-aged, but the chart says I'm young : ) I think that particular category was a bit broad, but I'll still take it-ha! Sounds like you have a nice day planned for Christmas. So magical with little ones in the house this time of year. Enjoy time with your grandson! Mine are all about trains too.

The Feminine Energy said...

Look at that sweet little James sitting next to Santa! What a cutie-patootie he is!! I love his hair!!!!! It's a joy being able to watch him grow, Debby. Thank you for the privilege!! ~Andrea XOXOXO

Carla from The River said...

I just loved this post Debby, it was full of Christmas and family.
Thank you for sharing the Christmas tree story. Ha!

Michelle said...

I believe you are a likable person, Debby! Merry Christmas.🎄

CheerfulMonk said...

I've read that once we hit 80 we're very old. I'm tickled I made it. (Almost 82 now and Andy's almost 87.)

Susan said...

James is sure growing up fast now! That was a pretty rainy day we got. We did not lose power. I am glad you are out bowling now. Where do you go? We have to meet up 2022 for sure!

Lisa@TwoBearsFarm said...

Great Santa pics! I think it's fun you have a train for Christmas. I've always thought they looked so neat around the Christmas tree.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southern California, United States
Follow Just Breathe

Labels

Wednesday Hodgepodge (562) Family (241) Birthdays (160) Vacation (138) Funny (131) Tuesday 4 Meme (127) Tuesday 4 (104) James (101) Skye (99) Post It (95) Movies (89) Christmas (67) JP (61) Random (40) Award (39) Florida (32) Easter (30) Health (29) Thanksgiving (28) Flowers (23) Mother's Day (20) Vegas (20) tag (20) Father's Day (19) God (19) My Dad (19) Ornaments (19) Friend (18) Anniversary (17) Europe (17) Friday Fragments (17) I've Got Nothing (17) New Year (17) Halloween (16) Chicago (15) Meet Me on Monday (15) Montana (15) Oscars (15) 4th of July (14) Doctor (14) Friday Fill-In (14) Mammoth Lakes (14) Sky (14) VALENTINE'S DAY (14) Debby's Tree (13) For Your Tears (13) Giveaway (12) House (12) Recipes (12) 9/11 (11) Memorial Day (11) Paris (11) This or That (11) Wedding (11) Asthma (10) Bake (10) Carlsbad (10) Holiday (9) Just Because (9) Labor Day (9) Love (9) Rainbow (9) Shopping (9) Sick (9) Disney World (8) Round Robin (8) Veterans Day (8) Fat Ass Friday (7) Frustration (7) London (7) Mark (7) Plants (7) heart (7) 2011 (6) Apples (6) Birthday (6) Christmas Tree (6) Disneyland (6) Fall (6) Houston (6) Loss (6) Miscellaneous (6) PINTEREST (6) Pictures (6) Prayer (6) Thankful (6) Video (6) bowling (6) Car (5) Change (5) Company (5) Earth Day (5) Following (5) Help (5) Monday Smiles (5) One Word (5) Pittsburgh (5) Princess Diana (5) Quiz (5) Spring (5) Sundays In My City (5) Super Bowl (5) The Flower Fields (5) Time (5) Wizard of Oz (5) 2 on Tuesday (4) Blogiversary (4) Breast Cancer Awareness (4) COVID-19 (4) Christmas 2012 (4) Christmas 2013 (4) Christmas 2015 (4) Down (4) Grandparents (4) Housework (4) Memory Monday (4) Murphy's Law (4) On Our Way (4) Remembrance (4) Wine (4) AMERICAN IDOL (3) Blog (3) Cats and Dogs (3) Christmas 2020 (3) Christmas 2021 (3) Clouds (3) Crockpot (3) Dogs (3) Don't grow old (3) Fire (3) Food (3) Gift (3) In Memoriam (3) Italy (3) La Jolla (3) Ladybug (3) May Day (3) Movie (3) Moving in (3) Museum (3) NO-REPLY (3) New York (3) Pizza (3) Reader (3) Royal Wedding (3) San Diego Zoo (3) Signs (3) St.Patrick's Day (3) Summer (3) Weight (3) star (3) 2010 (2) Anxiety (2) Babysitting (2) Big Brother (2) Bodie (2) Bristlecone (2) Bucket List (2) Christmas 2014 (2) Christmas 2017 (2) Christmas 2018 (2) Christmas 2022 (2) Christmas 2023 (2) Cowboy (2) Deer (2) Fishing (2) Five Questions (2) Friday Foto Friends (2) Full Moon (2) Goals (2) Graduations (2) Hallmark (2) Heavyhearted (2) Jack's Tree (2) Jay's Gourmet (2) Knee Replacement (2) Leaves (2) Less is More (2) MAYDAY (2) Meme (2) Mini Cooper (2) Mission Inn (2) Mojo (2) Mountains (2) NYC (2) Old Age (2) Ouch (2) Out to Live (2) Party (2) Potluck (2) Presents (2) Purchased (2) Ranunculus (2) Robot (2) Royal Baby (2) Safari Park (2) Show and Tell (2) Simplify (2) Slap me (2) Snow (2) Sorrow (2) Stranger (2) TBB Asks (2) Tears (2) Things to do (2) Trees (2) Weekend Wrap-Up (2) Wilson Winery (2) '09 card exchange (1) 000 (1) 2016 (1) 2020 (1) 3 On Thursday (1) 48 Questions (1) All My Children (1) Always something (1) Ankle (1) Antiques (1) Aria (1) Bath (1) Billy Elliot (1) Bird (1) Bra (1) Brookfield Zoo (1) COPD (1) Call the Midwife (1) Candles (1) Celebration (1) Chairs (1) Christmas '09 (1) Christmas 2016 (1) Christmas 2019 (1) Church (1) Citizens arrest (1) City lights (1) Clocks (1) Cows (1) DMV (1) DVD (1) Discombobulated (1) Donations (1) Downton Abbey (1) F.Y.I. (1) Fair (1) Farmers Market (1) Favorite Things (1) Featured (1) Finley (1) Flag Day (1) Football (1) Getty (1) Giving (1) Good Morning (1) Grandson (1) Grapes (1) Happy New Year (1) Hoover Dam (1) Horseback Riding (1) IKEA (1) Idol (1) Idyllwild (1) Independence Day (1) Jesus (1) Joshua Tree National Park (1) Julian Bakery (1) June (1) LaJolla (1) Lavender Festival (1) Lifetime (1) Lost (1) Low Carb Treats (1) Madness (1) Mellow Yellow Monday (1) Moment of Silence (1) Music (1) Nana (1) Negative (1) Nipples (1) Nobody Is Home (1) Note Book Journey (1) Nurses (1) Oak Glen (1) One Word 2022 (1) One of those days (1) Owls (1) PT (1) Pinecones (1) Playing Hooky (1) Post 1 (1) President (1) Pretty in Pink (1) Puppy (1) Queen Mary (1) Quick Takes (1) Randomness (1) Regrets (1) Ringling (1) Rock/Hard Place (1) Roosters (1) Route 66 (1) SOS (1) Sale (1) Salt and Pepper Shakers (1) San Diego Harbor (1) Saturday 9 (1) She Loves Me (1) Silver Lining (1) Snail Mail (1) Spam (1) Speak English (1) Spider (1) Spin Cycle (1) Stamps (1) Stars (1) Stoned (1) Summer Lovin' (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Sunset (1) Surprise (1) Survey (1) Swim (1) TBT (1) TP (1) Temecula CA (1) Templates (1) Thank You (1) The Getty Villa (1) The Sistine Chapel (1) Time Out (1) Treasures (1) Trends (1) Trying. Something New (1) Twilight Saga (1) Two On Tuesday (1) USA (1) VOTE 2012 (1) Wicked (1) Willow Tree (1) Windsor Tea (1) Winner (1) Worldwide Candle Lighting (1) Zoo (1) button (1) closet (1) cottage (1) digging (1) handkerchief (1) karma (1) memory (1) tests (1) webkinz (1)