Wednesday, August 31, 2022

WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE#475

Thank you Joyce.
To play along click HERE!


I know you don't like when I apologize but this is a long one. Once I feel like typing it's easier for me to get it all out at once because I most likely won't come back. I've been pretty bad at blogging and reading posts.


1. Something you've labored over recently? 

I guess I would have to say the new DVR I got last Tuesday. By this Tuesday I think I have it. I still have my old DVR remote control and it works with the new DVR which has been helpful. I'm finally trying to use the new one each day. 

2. How will you rest on Labor Day? 

I don't know our plans yet for Labor Day. 

3. Margaret Mead is quoted as saying, "I learned the value of hard work by working hard." Would you agree? Where and how did you learn the value of hard work? 

I feel that I would agree with her quote. Most likely I learned that when I was divorced and raising two young children. However, I lost the value of working hard years ago after retired. Some has to do with medical issues. Now I need to learn this value again. 

4. It's National Eat Outside Day (August 31st). Will you? Do you enjoy dining 'al fresco' or prefer indoor seating? 

No we won't be eating outside today. It's just too hot this year. I would have to say I would rather eat indoors. 

5. Somehow it's the end of August. What was the best day of the month for you and tell us what made it so? 

I'm going to say that is was any day that we spent with James. August was a little tough on me. 

6. Insert your own random thought here.

First of all, Dylan's birthday is tomorrow on September 1st. Wishing him a Happy 41st Birthday! 

Love, Mom and Dad

Amber and Dylan


I think we have all heard these phrases a lot lately. I know I have said them to people. "It's Always Something" and "When It Rains It Pours."

If you read last weeks post I did have several challenges going on. There are some new ones that came up. 

James had flu symptoms towards the end of the week last week. They took him to urgent care on the weekend. They diagnosed him with pre pneumonia. He is on two medications and an inhaler. They don't give anything for a cough at his age. As of yesterday he had more energy but still is coughing a lot. 

So we had a bit of an emergency on Saturday morning. Mark went to change the water filer in our refrigerator and water started flowing like a river. The new filter wouldn't go in. He had to run outside to the front of the house to turn the water off to the house.

We have a large built in frig and there is no way we could pull it out. Apparently the little tab that falls down to block the water was stuck. Let me first say that we have been buying this same filter for years from Amazon. The last time we got them Mark noticed something different but was able to file it off and it worked. So we had the second one on hand. It obviously wouldn't go in unfiled. 

So after we cleaned up the water in the kitchen which took over 15 large bath towels and several small towels to control he went and filed the new one and it went in. Then the water to the house was turned back on and it was leaking. 

However it was just leftover water and is in place and is fine. I did some research and found a new replacement for our model. We don't plan on changing it anytime soon since this one seems to be working like the first one but I did order it that day on Amazon just in case the leak didn't stop. 

These are the last few towels of the cleanup. Also, something that Sandra will understand, my 6 bins that I got to take home from hospital visits really helped us get the bunch towels outside without dripping more water everywhere. It was not fun wringing out these towels, having them dry in the sun and then several loads in the washing machine. 


So to add to this, like it isn't enough, I had a lunch date Monday that I had to cancel. I needed this lunch date with my friend Kendra. We haven't seen each other all summer between her travels and my stuff. So much to share with her. I also had errands to run, especially stopping in a doctors office out that way to get a refill on a prescription because they have ignored my calls since Thursday morning.

Now Amber and Mark were thinking I was just making an excuse to stay home because of my depression. I wasn't. My chest felt weird. I figured I probably strained some muscles in my upper chest from wringing out those towels. Well by the afternoon I realized it was the start of a lung infection. I started yesterday morning my steroids, antibiotics and breathing treatments. 


What gets me so mad is that I haven't had any lung issues in 5 months since we added a new inhaler. 

One year ago on August 28,2021 my brother was laid to rest in Lake Michigan off this jetty in Milwaukee, WI. 
Rest in Peace Raymond

17 comments:

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

Well sweetheart, your plate has been pretty full, hasn't it. I am so sorry about all those weighty things going on, and pray that you and James will be feeling better real soon. I also hope you can reschedule your date with your friend because that could be medicine itself.

R's Rue said...

Feel better. Take care

The Feminine Energy said...

Oh boy, it sure does sound like SweetBabyJames had COVID, Debby. Poor little guy! He's probably feeling better by now & well on his way to recovery. I'll still keep him in my prayers....

....along with YOU too, kiddo! My goodness, when it rains it pours. Pardon the pun! *gawd* I swear there's nothing worse than runaway water. I think manufacturers are changing things because of supply issues. Hubby needed new batteries for our lawn mower and he ordered the same set-of-3 that he's always ordered from Amazon. Well, they didn't fit inside the casing where the other ones fit...so he had to modify them too so they'd fit. And they were the same exact item as before.

I pray your lung infection goes away as quickly as it came, my friend. I hope your meds work their magic. You've certainly been through the wringer with those precious lungs of yours! You are always in my prayers regarding them, honey. ~Andrea xoxoxo

MadSnapper said...

yep, you fit the when it rains it pours, or the murphy saying that rules my life, it is CAN happen it probably WILL. hope Murphy has left the room for now.. sorry about the lung problems showing up again. I need to go back to work but don't think I can because I can't stand because of hip/back problems. they type jobs my senior brain could do are all physcial standing. like greeter at WM or cashier. UGH.. hope you and James are all better soon and that the part you ordered will not be needed. i know about towels and how heavy they are when wet, our pool towels are sometimes forgotten hanging outside and weigh a ton when wet. i have used the little tub to move wet towels also. but i only have one

betty said...

(((Debby))) It has been one "heck" of a month for you! So sorry about James and his illness. Scary when they get that sick! It is surprising they won't give him anything for the cough. Must have changed over the years because I remember getting things for my kids' cough from the doctor. I hope/pray he feels better soon! What an ordeal with the fridge and the filter. Sounds like such a big mess to have had to clean up! Sorry too about your lung infection but it is good that it was a while between them so perhaps the new inhaler really is doing a good job with controlling your symptoms. I pray you feel better soon too!

I am like you; I prefer to sit indoors for eating, especially at an expensive restaurant. I rather not have to deal with bugs and the like :)

Take care of yourself!

Happy birthday to Dylan!!

betty

Mevely317 said...

I'm so sorry to hear about these challenges, Debby! And wow, on the water leak ... I don't think we even own 16 towels! How fortunate you were home; that it didn't flood the entire house!
I hope you and Kendra will make that luncheon date soon. Friend therapy is priceless.

Praying you feel better real soon!

Cathy said...

Wow! Debby, I'm so sorry for all these problems. I'll pray that you and James will both be completely better very soon. Take care my friend.

Chatty Crone said...

Wow - that is a full plate there.
First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dylan.
I want to eat inside - I am not too much of an outside girl.
There is value in hard work - it makes you stronger.
I hope you start feeling better with the meds - do you keep them ready?
Poor James - his first sickness and he sounds like he is really sick.
So both of you need to get well.
I do not like tv controllers - lol.
And our tube to the water - on the fridge - at the last house - cracked - and we had water everywhere. It even went through the floor to the basement.
Glad you got it up.
R E S T !

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm so sorry about all of this! I hope you and James start feeling better soon and that you can put some joy back in your life. ❤️

Joyce said...

Well goodness. That is all a lot and that whole mess with the water was certainly something you didn't need. Those types of things are sooo aggravating. We have a built in frig too and earlier this summer we couldn't get the freezer door to close. Grrr...I had to call the appliance guy and of course he was weeks out, but made an exception and came to me that day. It was right before my daughter's shower and I had a full freezer.

I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery, and your little James too. It's so hard to see them feeling bad. Take care.

ellen b. said...

Oh my Debby, so sorry for all of these things that have crept up. What a mess that water issue was. Praying for you and James.

Ann said...

Oh my, you sure have had a lot going on. So sorry to hear all this. That would be enough to have me pulling my hair out.

crackercrumblife said...

It certainly sounds like you have had your share of trials for August. I hope that everyone is feeling better now, and that September is much brighter for you!

Cindy said...

You have really been through it. I'm sorry life seems to be dumping on you. I pray this season will pass and soon the health issues and appliance issues will end and life will be peaceful again. Praying for healing and peace of mind!

Cindy said...

You certainly have been going through it lately. I pray for healing and peace of mind soon!

photowannabe said...

Oh my, I'm so sorry that everything goes wonky all at once.
Praying for your precious James and you to heal and feel better asap.
That fridge water situation was crazy. You sure did a lot of mopping up. Towels are so heavy...glad you could fix the filter.
Hope you can reschedule your time with your friend. That is Good Medicine...
Sue

Kirstin said...

Oh my goodness..you have had a rough time of it. I'm so sorry. praying for peace, rest and healing. I can sympathize with the water issue. I've had a few and my hubby works for a restoration company so I hear all sorts of stories.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southern California, United States
Follow Just Breathe

Labels

Wednesday Hodgepodge (564) Family (242) Birthdays (160) Vacation (138) Funny (131) Tuesday 4 Meme (127) James (104) Tuesday 4 (104) Skye (99) Post It (95) Movies (89) Christmas (67) JP (61) Random (40) Award (39) Florida (32) Easter (30) Health (29) Thanksgiving (28) Flowers (23) Mother's Day (22) Vegas (20) tag (20) Father's Day (19) God (19) My Dad (19) Ornaments (19) Friend (18) Anniversary (17) Europe (17) Friday Fragments (17) I've Got Nothing (17) New Year (17) Halloween (16) Chicago (15) Doctor (15) Meet Me on Monday (15) Montana (15) Oscars (15) 4th of July (14) Friday Fill-In (14) Mammoth Lakes (14) Sky (14) VALENTINE'S DAY (14) Debby's Tree (13) For Your Tears (13) Giveaway (12) House (12) Recipes (12) 9/11 (11) Memorial Day (11) Paris (11) This or That (11) Wedding (11) Asthma (10) Bake (10) Carlsbad (10) Holiday (9) Just Because (9) Labor Day (9) Love (9) Rainbow (9) Shopping (9) Sick (9) Disney World (8) Round Robin (8) Veterans Day (8) Birthday (7) Fat Ass Friday (7) Frustration (7) London (7) Mark (7) Plants (7) heart (7) 2011 (6) Apples (6) Christmas Tree (6) Disneyland (6) Fall (6) Houston (6) Loss (6) Miscellaneous (6) PINTEREST (6) Pictures (6) Prayer (6) Thankful (6) Video (6) bowling (6) Car (5) Change (5) Company (5) Earth Day (5) Following (5) Help (5) Monday Smiles (5) One Word (5) Pittsburgh (5) Princess Diana (5) Quiz (5) Spring (5) Sundays In My City (5) Super Bowl (5) The Flower Fields (5) Time (5) Wizard of Oz (5) 2 on Tuesday (4) Blogiversary (4) Breast Cancer Awareness (4) COVID-19 (4) Christmas 2012 (4) Christmas 2013 (4) Christmas 2015 (4) Down (4) Grandparents (4) Housework (4) Memory Monday (4) Murphy's Law (4) On Our Way (4) Remembrance (4) Wine (4) AMERICAN IDOL (3) Anxiety (3) Blog (3) Cats and Dogs (3) Christmas 2020 (3) Christmas 2021 (3) Clouds (3) Crockpot (3) Dogs (3) Don't grow old (3) Fire (3) Food (3) Gift (3) In Memoriam (3) Italy (3) La Jolla (3) Ladybug (3) May Day (3) Movie (3) Moving in (3) Museum (3) NO-REPLY (3) New York (3) Pizza (3) Reader (3) Royal Wedding (3) San Diego Zoo (3) Signs (3) St.Patrick's Day (3) Summer (3) Weight (3) star (3) 2010 (2) Babysitting (2) Big Brother (2) Bodie (2) Bristlecone (2) Bucket List (2) Christmas 2014 (2) Christmas 2017 (2) Christmas 2018 (2) Christmas 2022 (2) Christmas 2023 (2) Cowboy (2) Deer (2) Fishing (2) Five Questions (2) Friday Foto Friends (2) Full Moon (2) Goals (2) Graduations (2) Hallmark (2) Heavyhearted (2) Jack's Tree (2) Jay's Gourmet (2) Knee Replacement (2) Leaves (2) Less is More (2) MAYDAY (2) Meme (2) Mini Cooper (2) Mission Inn (2) Mojo (2) Mountains (2) NYC (2) Old Age (2) Ouch (2) Out to Live (2) Party (2) Potluck (2) Presents (2) Purchased (2) Ranunculus (2) Robot (2) Royal Baby (2) Safari Park (2) Show and Tell (2) Simplify (2) Slap me (2) Snow (2) Sorrow (2) Stranger (2) TBB Asks (2) Tears (2) Things to do (2) Trees (2) Weekend Wrap-Up (2) Wilson Winery (2) '09 card exchange (1) 000 (1) 2016 (1) 2020 (1) 3 On Thursday (1) 48 Questions (1) All My Children (1) Always something (1) Ankle (1) Antiques (1) Aria (1) Bath (1) Billy Elliot (1) Bird (1) Bra (1) Brookfield Zoo (1) COPD (1) Call the Midwife (1) Candles (1) Celebration (1) Chairs (1) Christmas '09 (1) Christmas 2016 (1) Christmas 2019 (1) Church (1) Citizens arrest (1) City lights (1) Clocks (1) Cows (1) DMV (1) DVD (1) Discombobulated (1) Donations (1) Downton Abbey (1) F.Y.I. (1) Fair (1) Farmers Market (1) Favorite Things (1) Featured (1) Finley (1) Flag Day (1) Football (1) Getty (1) Giving (1) Good Morning (1) Grandson (1) Grapes (1) Happy New Year (1) Hoover Dam (1) Horseback Riding (1) IKEA (1) Idol (1) Idyllwild (1) Independence Day (1) Jesus (1) Joshua Tree National Park (1) Julian Bakery (1) June (1) LaJolla (1) Lavender Festival (1) Lifetime (1) Lost (1) Low Carb Treats (1) Madness (1) Mellow Yellow Monday (1) Moment of Silence (1) Music (1) Nana (1) Negative (1) Nipples (1) Nobody Is Home (1) Note Book Journey (1) Nurses (1) Oak Glen (1) One Word 2022 (1) One of those days (1) Owls (1) PT (1) Pinecones (1) Playing Hooky (1) Post 1 (1) President (1) Pretty in Pink (1) Puppy (1) Queen Mary (1) Quick Takes (1) Randomness (1) Regrets (1) Ringling (1) Rock/Hard Place (1) Roosters (1) Route 66 (1) SOS (1) Sale (1) Salt and Pepper Shakers (1) San Diego Harbor (1) Saturday 9 (1) She Loves Me (1) Silver Lining (1) Snail Mail (1) Spam (1) Speak English (1) Spider (1) Spin Cycle (1) Stamps (1) Stars (1) Stoned (1) Summer Lovin' (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Sunset (1) Surprise (1) Survey (1) Swim (1) TBT (1) TP (1) Temecula CA (1) Templates (1) Thank You (1) The Getty Villa (1) The Sistine Chapel (1) Time Out (1) Treasures (1) Trends (1) Trying. Something New (1) Twilight Saga (1) Two On Tuesday (1) USA (1) VOTE 2012 (1) Wicked (1) Willow Tree (1) Windsor Tea (1) Winner (1) Worldwide Candle Lighting (1) Zoo (1) button (1) closet (1) cottage (1) digging (1) handkerchief (1) karma (1) memory (1) tests (1) webkinz (1)