2. What's something you currently have a game plan for managing?
If I can, I plan on getting the house clean for Amber and Dylan's arrival on the 30th. All my issues, especially my legs, are making this very hard for me.
3. Do you like chicken wings? Hot, mild, or some other flavor? What's a must have food for you on a tailgate menu? I know tailgating isn't as big of a thing outside the US of A as it is inside the US of A, but you can also answer the question this way-what's a must have food for you at a sporting event viewing party?
No I am not a fan of chicken wings. If I had some it would be mild. If we are having someone over it would be potato chips and onion dip and probably some Queso with Rotel and Velvetta cheese and chips.
4. Teams typically have strict playbooks they follow. What is one unwritten rule or piece of advice in your 'life playbook' you think everyone should know?
I'm not coming up with much. I think we should always appreciate our family and friends and send them birthday cards.
5. This is the week we remember and mourn all that was lost and changed on September 11, 2001. I always include a spot for bloggers to share anything they'd like to share about 9/11. Share as much or as little as you like.
That day was terrible. I had taken Mark to the airport early in the morning for a business flight and I got home, turned on the TV, and it was truly devastating and unbelievable. Obviously I had to go back to the airport to bring him home.
I have a niece who is into so many unbelievable things about everything these days. You name it and our country is trying to kill us with all the chemicals in everything. She also says that 9/11 never happened along with pyramids and dinosaurs. How could she possibly think that?
6.Insert your own random thought here.
So an update on the surgery on my arm to remove a small spot of cancer. I had a follow up at urgent care on Sunday and they said it is looking great. The antibiotic is working. I'm thankful for that.
************************************************
We went to Adam and Gabby's on Saturday evening and had a very nice time. James of course is adorable but he didn't want to play any games. Gabby's mom was over and it was nice spending time with her. Adam made a delicious dinner with steak, baked potatoes, green beans and garlic bread.
Since we are going out to dinner at a steak house on Saturday October 3rd, which is my birthday, when Amber and Dylan are here, we had decided not to make a prime rib on Sunday when Adam and Gabby come here.
Adam is going to make lasagna which will be awesome. He is a great cook. James is coming home with us Saturday night which will be fun for Amber and Dylan.
***********************************************
Thought I would add this picture of James. Apparently he is now also into these things called Squishy. So I ordered one for him from Amazon. It's a block of cheese and they are squishy.

8 comments:
Hi Debby. Good news on the follow up on your arm! Sounds like you have something’s to look forward to! Have a great day
Hi Debby,
Go Bears ... me too ... long ago. Now I no longer follow football.
The countdown for Amber and Dylan's visit is here!! Yay!
How exciting to have family coming to visit and a chance to just gab the time away.
Dinners sound yummy and of course James is the winner of the whole blog !!!
PTL that your arm is healing up so well.
Sue
I'm excited for you to have your family all together. That will be so nice. So glad your arm is healing well too.Sometimes when I'm overwhelmed but have company coming I'll hire a one day cleaning service. It's so worth it. Enjoy your day Debby!
I'm so glad your arm is responding nicely to that antibiotic! We weren't officially "together" on 9/11, but like Mark, my Tom was at the airport preparing to fly home to Tampa. Just a few minutes from boarding when everything stopped; thankfully, he'd been staying with his daughter who came right back and picked him up.
Great news on your arm. Glad to hear the antibiotics are helping. Love the picture of James and his Squishy. I think I've heard of them and I wondered if it was something Presley would be interested in
Loved the photo of James with the squishy! Looks like real cheese. Your meals sound GREAT. I know you are looking forward to the kids coming,
Yes 9-11 was horrible. Prayers.
Hi Debby, I am glad your arm is healing well. All that food sounds so good! I am glad you will get to see all your family! James is so cute!!!
Post a Comment