Thank you Joyce :)
1. Do you find yourself influencing your world, or is it more the other way around?
I would like to believe that I am influencing my world......
2. July 14th is National Tape Measure Day...the device was patented on this date in 1868. When did you last use a tape measure? Do you always know where to find one in your house? Tell us one way in which you feel blessed 'beyond measure'.
Actually I used a tape measure just the other day. The bulb went out on our main TV. We always keep an extra replacement on hand just in case. So the TV is on a lovely TV stand in a nook area in the family room. Had to make sure it was centered on the nook after we replaced the bulb.
Yes we can always find a tape measure in several areas in the house.
We have food on the table and a roof over our heads so that makes us very blessed.
3.The Plaza Hotel (Eloise), The Land of Oz (The Wizard of Oz), Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia), The Hundred Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh), Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland), or Never Never Land (Peter Pan)...which storybook land (on this list!) would you most like to visit and why?
I love The Wizard of Oz but I would really enjoy going through the wardrobe in Narnia!
4. Where and when do you get your best ideas?
I'm going to say in the shower or driving in the car.
5. So what have you been watching on TV this summer? Anything good?
Big Brother on CBS which I look forward to each summer. I'm also watching Major Crimes on TNT and The Housewives of New Jersey just started on Bravo. (only one I've ever followed)
6. 'Don't swim for an hour after you eat', 'Dog days of summer', 'Knee high by the Fourth of July'...choose a summer saying from the list or share one of your own, then tell us what image or memory comes to mind when you hear it spoken.
I'm going with 'Knee high by the Fourth of July' because there was a lot of farm land around my dad's summer home near Antioch, IL. We were adults when he bought the place so our children got to enjoy some really fun times there. Every time I saw a field of corn the phrase would come to mind!
7. In a single sentence, sum up one life lesson you've learned.
You can't fix everything that is broken in your world so eventually there comes a time when you need to focus on just you!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Adam returned home a day early from his hiking trip at Big Sur. On Friday night while preparing their freeze dried dinners there was an accident with the boiling water which ended up burning one side of his ankle.
Thankfully having thick socks on helped. They had first aid supplies which helped but decided to return home on Sunday.
He went to Urgent Care yesterday to make sure all was well. He has second degree burns but no sign of infection. They said he took good care of it. Should heal okay and got a prescription for some antibiotic burn cream.