Thank you Joyce.....
head on over and play along!
1. Besides your very own house, describe a place where you feel most 'at home'?
I guess it would be my dad's house in Florida.
2. When did you last 'hit a home run' with something? Explain.
Nothing is coming to mind that happened recently. I hope to hit a home run soon with a gift I have for someone but I can't share that yet.
3. Tell us about something you love in your house or kitchen that is 'homemade'.
If it has to be homemade then I will go with some afghans that my aunt crocheted for us years ago.
4. 'A man's home is his castle'...which of the world's ten most captivating castles (according to The Travel Channel) would you most like to visit and why-
Mont Saint-Michel (France), Edinburgh Castle (Scotland), Neuschwanstein Castle (Germany), Glamis Castle (Scotland), Windsor Castle (England), Chateau de Chambord (France), Hampton Court Palace (England), Prague Castle (Prague), St. Michael's Mount (England), Leeds Castle (England), and Swallow's Nest (Ukraine)
I'm going with the Windsor Castle because I love everything having to do with the Royal Family. However I wouldn't mind seeing all of them!
5. What's a recent or upcoming plan or project that's required you do a little homework before getting started? Did the homework cause you to abandon your plan or adjust it in some way?
I will go with my research on cases to hold DVDs. I haven't begun the project yet but I have received three of them from Amazon.
I will be taking my 250+ DVDs out of their cases and putting them into these cases that hold 128 DVDs. It will save a lot of space and in case your wondering....yes I still want to keep them!!
Of course they will be in alphabetical order and also separated by series like Twilight, Hunger Games and the Divergent Series along with Christmas movies and then just general movies. I would say that I did not abandon or adjust my plan.
6. In your opinion, is homework an unnecessary evil or a valuable practice? Should schools be done with homework? Why or why not?
I know that for us homework caused a great deal of stress in our home. Maybe they should be required to read for an hour and then enjoy the rest of their day. Do you want to bring your work home with you???
7. Share a favorite memory of your childhood hometown.
I would have to say it would be the 4th of July when there would be things to do all day long leading up to the fireworks at night.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I had my first Atrial Fibrillation episode. We believe it was stress related. Heart rate spiking for two days. Then on Wednesday my heart rate, while sitting, stayed at 152 for almost two hours. So I called to she what I'm supposed to do.
If you have chest pain or shortness of breath you go to the emergency room. I didn't have either of those and it finally came down staying at a normal rate after that.
So I went to see the doctor because I needed to know why and what to do when that happens. You can't run to the ER each time you have one! FYI: I have an oxygen/pulse monitor which helps me to keep track of my heart rate. I seldom actually feel the racing heart beat!
Doctor did an EKG which was fine. Since it was my first one and we could kinda pinpoint the reason, she decided not to change my medications. I now have a pill (Flecainide) I can take which should bring it down quickly. Living and learning along the way.......