Thank you Joyce, I always look
forward to Wednesday Hodgepodge!
1. Share a favorite memory of your mother or share a favorite something from your own life as a mother. If you're a mother (or stepmom) tell us how your experience as a mom differs from your own mother's experience.
My mother loved Christmas and I think my favorite thing about that was the fact that she, along with my dad, would decorate the church each year. I remember sitting in a pew and watching them.
My mother was depressed and she also drank so I tried really hard to be present for my kids. I know I wasn't perfect and I probably was a bit over protective along with being a helicopter mom!
2. In May we celebrate teachers (May 9) and nurses (May 6) both. Most every family has at least one in their midst, so tell us something (or a few things) you appreciate about the teacher or nurse on your family tree.
Having a nurse in the family is new to us. I am sure that Dylan is an excellent nurse because he has very good communication skills, loves to talk with people and cares deeply about his patients.
3. Chicken salad, egg salad, tuna salad...which would you go for if all three were on the menu? On bread or a bed of lettuce? If you answered bread, what kind of bread would make it the perfect sandwich?
That would be a tough choice, I like all three. I think I would pick tuna salad on a bed of lettuce. I usually will eat my tuna salad as a sandwich with Dave's Organic Whole Grain Bread.
4. Do you have a desk? Is it organized? If so, share your secret to keeping it that way. If you don't have a desk, where in your home do you take care of family paperwork and business? Where do you normally sit to blog?
I have a desk but it really doesn't have drawers. I don't have too many things on it so yes it is organized. Mark does all the family business and paperwork at his gorgeous roll top desk. I will sit at my desk or I have a computer lap pad that I use if I sit on the sofa.
5. When I was nine years old....
Good question, I don't have a specific memory from being nine years old. I had a lovely childhood but because of some issues in our home I have blocked out a lot of it.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We were in Peoria, AZ over the weekend. We drove there on Friday and returned home on Monday evening. Adam and Gabby flew into AZ on Friday night and joined us for the weekend. It was wonderful visiting with Michele and Pam. We dropped Adam and Gabby off at the airport on Monday before we started our trip back home.
Skye was pretty good on the trip there but was panting all the way home for over 5 hours. I am probably going to have to ask the vet for something for our trip in the summer to Montana. She did get along okay with Stanley who is bigger than she is. He is a Coonhound. They didn't play together at all but were okay around each other.