Wednesday, December 13, 2017

WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE

Volume 333
Thank you Joyce
Go here to play along!

1. 'Hurry less, worry less'...what's your strategy for making that happen this holiday season? How's it going so far?

No way that's working for me. I can't hurry less or worry less! However I do feel pretty well organized this year. Christmas boxes went out yesterday. So now I just have to finish up with a few decorations in the house and then wrap the gifts for home. We will have Adam and Gabby here for Christmas day. 

2. Do you have a list of to-dos that need accomplishing in order to prepare your home and/or property for the winter season? What are some of the jobs on your list? Are you a do-it-yourselfer or do you hire someone to accomplish these tasks?

Nope, no list here! Mark prunes some of the plants in the garden like the rose bushes but that's about it. 

3. According to dietitians surveyed, the most popular health foods for 2018 will be -turmeric, sprouted foods (bean sprouts, breads with sprouted grains, etc), veggies in place of grains, dairy free milk, and pulses (lentils, chickpeas, etc).  What's the first thought that ran through your head when you read this list? Of the foods listed which one might you add to your regular diet? Also, can milk really be dairy free? Is it still milk?

I've been taking turmeric for at least 15 years now. My mother in law had sent me an article in reference to healthy lung care. I can say that the amount of lung infections I have had since then has dropped by 80%. 

I've been an unsweetened vanilla almond milk drinker for years now. We only eat Dave's Killer bread with 21 whole grains and seeds. I do believe there are some things that are better for your diet. We love veggies and they are part of our daily diet. 

4. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2018 is Ultra Violet. According to the Pantone site 'Ultra Violet communicates originality, ingenuity, and visionary thinking pointing us to the future.' What say you? Do you like the color purple? Did you see the movie or read the book-ha!?  Is purple a color you wear often? Describe for us one purple item in your home without using the word purple.  If you were in charge of such things what color would you select for 2018?

I did see The Color Purple. It was a good movie. I did not read the book. I am not a big fan of purple. I can't think of anything I have that is purple. Yellow, Aqua, Grey and maybe a Fern Green would be my pick. 

5. Favorite book read this year?

Didn't do it. Started one and never finished. One of my regrets each year is that I don't take the time to read. I love reading, I love books and have about 400 in my Kindle app. I can't get away from my computer, phone and TV. 

6.  Insert your own random thought here.


15 comments:

Ann said...

There isn't much stress involved with my holidays. It's pretty much just me and my husband and my daughter will come over either Christmas eve or Christmas day.
I tried the turmeric before and I've heard good things. I don't know why I stopped. Is there a certain brand that you take?

Little Penpen said...

I love to read, but I wish I would watch more movies!

MadSnapper said...

no strees for the holidays because we don't do anything, glad you are having the newly wed couple for Christmas. there is not one thing in my house with the new color purple, nor will there be. if i found a blouse i liked in purple i would buy it but no to in the house. as for number 3 i eat Daves Killer bread the same as yours. i just had a piece double toasted to make it crispy for breakfast. i spread olive oil on it and a light smear of apricot all fruit and it is delish.

MadSnapper said...

forgot to say number 3 is how i eat now and have since past January

Chatty Crone said...

Four calling birds - that is funny and cute. Glad you are keeping up with Christmas. I knew or hear the color of the year - ultra violet -saw it on the news. What kind of turmeric do you use?

Joyce said...

I’m also curious about the turmeric. How much and is it in pill form? I just mailed my box today. Walked into UPS and nobody was in line! I couldn’t believe it!! Made my day! When I left it was at least 8 deep.

Cathy said...

Love the 4 calling birds! lol

maddie/cadesmimi said...

I prefer television or computer over books, too... I need to do better.

I love your random thought. You always find the cutest things to share :)

Kathy (Reflections)

Mevely317 said...

You're the second one who's mentioned tumeric today ... I'm going to have to Google and see just what the heck it is!
That almond milk is to die for, isn't it? I like it in the summer with frozen coffee cubes.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Too plumb to hurry and God worries for me...like the saying goes, He's going to be up all night anyway.
I drink Tumeric tea with black pepper which I've read boosts the efficacy of tumeric. I'm not giving up dairy or grains and "dairy free milk" frightens me off. Moderation in all things, including moderation sometimes.
Four calling birds...LOVE your sense of humor!
Merry Christmas Debby, Merry Christmas!

Julie said...

The four calling birds is excellent.

betty said...

Those 4 calling birds are so cute! Glad Adam and Gabby are spending Christmas Day with you all; I'm sure it will be lots of fun!

betty

NanaNor's said...

Greetings Debby, Great answers. Hope you are having a great day!
Hugs,
Noreen

Carla from The River said...

Tell me how you take turmeric.
I also am not a fan of purple. I do not have one clothing item in purple.

Michelle said...

Hi Debby,

Thank you so much for stopping by.
I wish you a Merry Christmas, also.

I love your random thought :)

I should be fine in 2018.
I have lots of purples.
I am wearing purple today :)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southern California, United States
Follow Just Breathe

Labels

Wednesday Hodgepodge (561) Family (241) Birthdays (160) Vacation (138) Funny (131) Tuesday 4 Meme (127) Tuesday 4 (104) James (101) Skye (99) Post It (95) Movies (89) Christmas (67) JP (61) Random (40) Award (39) Florida (32) Easter (30) Health (29) Thanksgiving (28) Flowers (23) Mother's Day (20) Vegas (20) tag (20) Father's Day (19) God (19) My Dad (19) Ornaments (19) Friend (18) Anniversary (17) Europe (17) Friday Fragments (17) I've Got Nothing (17) New Year (17) Halloween (16) Chicago (15) Meet Me on Monday (15) Montana (15) Oscars (15) 4th of July (14) Doctor (14) Friday Fill-In (14) Mammoth Lakes (14) Sky (14) VALENTINE'S DAY (14) Debby's Tree (13) For Your Tears (13) Giveaway (12) House (12) Recipes (12) 9/11 (11) Memorial Day (11) Paris (11) This or That (11) Wedding (11) Asthma (10) Bake (10) Carlsbad (10) Holiday (9) Just Because (9) Labor Day (9) Love (9) Rainbow (9) Shopping (9) Sick (9) Disney World (8) Round Robin (8) Veterans Day (8) Fat Ass Friday (7) Frustration (7) London (7) Mark (7) Plants (7) heart (7) 2011 (6) Apples (6) Birthday (6) Christmas Tree (6) Disneyland (6) Fall (6) Houston (6) Loss (6) Miscellaneous (6) PINTEREST (6) Pictures (6) Prayer (6) Thankful (6) Video (6) bowling (6) Car (5) Change (5) Company (5) Earth Day (5) Following (5) Help (5) Monday Smiles (5) One Word (5) Pittsburgh (5) Princess Diana (5) Quiz (5) Spring (5) Sundays In My City (5) Super Bowl (5) The Flower Fields (5) Time (5) Wizard of Oz (5) 2 on Tuesday (4) Blogiversary (4) Breast Cancer Awareness (4) COVID-19 (4) Christmas 2012 (4) Christmas 2013 (4) Christmas 2015 (4) Down (4) Grandparents (4) Housework (4) Memory Monday (4) Murphy's Law (4) On Our Way (4) Remembrance (4) Wine (4) AMERICAN IDOL (3) Blog (3) Cats and Dogs (3) Christmas 2020 (3) Christmas 2021 (3) Clouds (3) Crockpot (3) Dogs (3) Don't grow old (3) Fire (3) Food (3) Gift (3) In Memoriam (3) Italy (3) La Jolla (3) Ladybug (3) May Day (3) Movie (3) Moving in (3) Museum (3) NO-REPLY (3) New York (3) Pizza (3) Reader (3) Royal Wedding (3) San Diego Zoo (3) Signs (3) St.Patrick's Day (3) Summer (3) Weight (3) star (3) 2010 (2) Anxiety (2) Babysitting (2) Big Brother (2) Bodie (2) Bristlecone (2) Bucket List (2) Christmas 2014 (2) Christmas 2017 (2) Christmas 2018 (2) Christmas 2022 (2) Christmas 2023 (2) Cowboy (2) Deer (2) Fishing (2) Five Questions (2) Friday Foto Friends (2) Full Moon (2) Goals (2) Graduations (2) Hallmark (2) Heavyhearted (2) Jack's Tree (2) Jay's Gourmet (2) Knee Replacement (2) Leaves (2) Less is More (2) MAYDAY (2) Meme (2) Mini Cooper (2) Mission Inn (2) Mojo (2) Mountains (2) NYC (2) Old Age (2) Ouch (2) Out to Live (2) Party (2) Potluck (2) Presents (2) Purchased (2) Ranunculus (2) Robot (2) Royal Baby (2) Safari Park (2) Show and Tell (2) Simplify (2) Slap me (2) Snow (2) Sorrow (2) Stranger (2) TBB Asks (2) Tears (2) Things to do (2) Trees (2) Weekend Wrap-Up (2) Wilson Winery (2) '09 card exchange (1) 000 (1) 2016 (1) 2020 (1) 3 On Thursday (1) 48 Questions (1) All My Children (1) Always something (1) Ankle (1) Antiques (1) Aria (1) Bath (1) Billy Elliot (1) Bird (1) Bra (1) Brookfield Zoo (1) COPD (1) Call the Midwife (1) Candles (1) Celebration (1) Chairs (1) Christmas '09 (1) Christmas 2016 (1) Christmas 2019 (1) Church (1) Citizens arrest (1) City lights (1) Clocks (1) Cows (1) DMV (1) DVD (1) Discombobulated (1) Donations (1) Downton Abbey (1) F.Y.I. (1) Fair (1) Farmers Market (1) Favorite Things (1) Featured (1) Finley (1) Flag Day (1) Football (1) Getty (1) Giving (1) Good Morning (1) Grandson (1) Grapes (1) Happy New Year (1) Hoover Dam (1) Horseback Riding (1) IKEA (1) Idol (1) Idyllwild (1) Independence Day (1) Jesus (1) Joshua Tree National Park (1) Julian Bakery (1) June (1) LaJolla (1) Lavender Festival (1) Lifetime (1) Lost (1) Low Carb Treats (1) Madness (1) Mellow Yellow Monday (1) Moment of Silence (1) Music (1) Nana (1) Negative (1) Nipples (1) Nobody Is Home (1) Note Book Journey (1) Nurses (1) Oak Glen (1) One Word 2022 (1) One of those days (1) Owls (1) PT (1) Pinecones (1) Playing Hooky (1) Post 1 (1) President (1) Pretty in Pink (1) Puppy (1) Queen Mary (1) Quick Takes (1) Randomness (1) Regrets (1) Ringling (1) Rock/Hard Place (1) Roosters (1) Route 66 (1) SOS (1) Sale (1) Salt and Pepper Shakers (1) San Diego Harbor (1) Saturday 9 (1) She Loves Me (1) Silver Lining (1) Snail Mail (1) Spam (1) Speak English (1) Spider (1) Spin Cycle (1) Stamps (1) Stars (1) Stoned (1) Summer Lovin' (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Sunset (1) Surprise (1) Survey (1) Swim (1) TBT (1) TP (1) Temecula CA (1) Templates (1) Thank You (1) The Getty Villa (1) The Sistine Chapel (1) Time Out (1) Treasures (1) Trends (1) Trying. Something New (1) Twilight Saga (1) Two On Tuesday (1) USA (1) VOTE 2012 (1) Wicked (1) Willow Tree (1) Windsor Tea (1) Winner (1) Worldwide Candle Lighting (1) Zoo (1) button (1) closet (1) cottage (1) digging (1) handkerchief (1) karma (1) memory (1) tests (1) webkinz (1)