Monday, December 9, 2013

CODEINE AND COFFEE

DELAYED:  I was delayed four out of four flights to and from Florida. We left 45 minutes late out of Ontario on Monday December 2nd but luckily we had a 3 hour window in Houston for our flight to Orlando. Then we were delayed out of Houston because there was a leak by the coffee pot and they had to drain all the water from the plane and wait for hand wipes for the bathrooms. We didn't get to our hotel until 1:00 am! 

Coming home yesterday I was delayed out of Tampa for 45 minutes. The plane was late arriving and then the crew wanted more time before we boarded. I had a shorter time in Houston for my connection and at least 2 miles to the next gate. I grabbed a ride on their little carts and was in time for boarding only it didn't board. We had a plane but no crew and no pilots. The crew was delayed with deicing in Chicago and the pilot was late from Philadelphia because of weather issues. 

So my 6:15 flight boarded at 9:00 pm so needless to say I got home late last night. Then I noticed that our power was out in our bedroom. Apparently Amber did something while vacuuming and blew it out but didn't bother to fix it. So at 1:00 am I was outside with a flashlight trying to open the darn fuse box. It took awhile because it sticks because it's painted with the house color and it's also high up.....I'm short!!! 

So that brings me the the Codeine and Coffee. I was so exhausted, achy and a little bit angry that I knew I needed to be knocked out to sleep or my mind would have never shut off. I have outdated Tylenol with Codeine which did the trick, I sleep like a baby however I was a little groggy this morning. I am not a coffee person but felt I needed the boost this morning. 
I have lots of mail to go through, packages to open and laundry to do so my point here is that I will not be catching up on reading posts today but I promise to get to them by the end of the week. 

I have bowling tomorrow and some errands to run. I have to get started on my Christmas cards,  the out of town gift cards and online shopping from the lists my children have given to me. It sure does feel good to have my trees done....so glad I did them before I left but I still have 10 bins of other decorations to put up! 

I also have 29 programs that were taped while I was gone so lots of TV to catch up on too! 

My trip was wonderful, lots of fun and heartwarming memories with my family. Mark made it to the UK on Sunday morning and will be home on Thursday only to fly out again on Monday to Seattle!  So I will try to do Wednesday Hodgepodge this week (can't miss that!) and hopefully be over to visit with you soon.

 Here is a kiss from Mickey in the meantime!


14 comments:

Empty Nester said...

I would still be exhausted! I'm not a travel person as it is, you add all that and I would not be doing anything for DAYS LOL Glad your trip was good and safe!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

That is a lot of delay. I would've been grumpy.

TexWisGirl said...

um, good luck catching up on everything - including sleep!

kristi said...

Wow that post made ME tired.

Sharon said...

I'm exhausted, too!

And yes, I love that early morning cup of coffee to give me that boost!

Sounds like you did have a good trip, though!

Chatty Crone said...

I am with the group of exhausted's!!! Wow no wonder you are busy all the time.

Well I am glad you made it home safe and have all those packages! Seems like that will be fun.

sandie

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, my, you have lots going on. I think my head might be swimming. I hate going through piled up mail when we return from a trip, then there's the laundry and unpacking. Ugh! Hope you get it all done and have a happy week!

betty said...

Oh how fun to open all those packages, Debby, though I'm sure it is things you ordered for gifts for others. Glad you got back safe and sound, but what a mess with all the delays! Sounds like it was a good trip.

betty

Love Of Quilts said...

You will get threw all the mail and catch up, its good you had a safe trip. I would have just hatted all the late planes. I can see why you needed a pain pill to sleep. Have A Merry Christmas.

Secret Agent Woman said...

Seems like flights are delayed or canceled more often than not these days.

You aren' kidding about having a lot of mail and packages to go through!

April said...

You poor thing! I can only imagine how worn out you must be! That is quite the pile of packages you had delivered! I've done most of my shopping online...hoping and prayiing everything gets here by Christmas! Glad you had a fun trip!

Unknown said...

Welcome back! (Especially after all those delays!)

I'm glad you had fun!

Trish said...

Good grief...what an ordeal. Glad that you are safely home! Enjoy your coffee and catching up on your programs. Big hugs!

Sonya said...

Glad you have a great time even though it was crazy coming back!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southern California, United States
Follow Just Breathe

Labels

Wednesday Hodgepodge (557) Family (241) Birthdays (160) Vacation (138) Funny (131) Tuesday 4 Meme (127) Tuesday 4 (104) James (101) Skye (99) Post It (95) Movies (89) Christmas (67) JP (61) Random (40) Award (39) Florida (32) Easter (29) Health (29) Thanksgiving (28) Flowers (23) Mother's Day (20) Vegas (20) tag (20) Father's Day (19) God (19) My Dad (19) Ornaments (19) Friend (18) Anniversary (17) Europe (17) Friday Fragments (17) I've Got Nothing (17) New Year (17) Halloween (16) Chicago (15) Meet Me on Monday (15) Oscars (15) 4th of July (14) Doctor (14) Friday Fill-In (14) Mammoth Lakes (14) Sky (14) VALENTINE'S DAY (14) Debby's Tree (13) For Your Tears (13) Montana (13) Giveaway (12) House (12) Recipes (12) 9/11 (11) Memorial Day (11) Paris (11) This or That (11) Wedding (11) Asthma (10) Bake (10) Carlsbad (10) Holiday (9) Just Because (9) Labor Day (9) Love (9) Rainbow (9) Shopping (9) Sick (9) Disney World (8) Round Robin (8) Veterans Day (8) Fat Ass Friday (7) Frustration (7) London (7) Mark (7) Plants (7) heart (7) 2011 (6) Apples (6) Birthday (6) Christmas Tree (6) Disneyland (6) Fall (6) Houston (6) Loss (6) Miscellaneous (6) PINTEREST (6) Pictures (6) Prayer (6) Thankful (6) Video (6) bowling (6) Car (5) Change (5) Company (5) Earth Day (5) Following (5) Help (5) One Word (5) Pittsburgh (5) Princess Diana (5) Quiz (5) Spring (5) Sundays In My City (5) Super Bowl (5) The Flower Fields (5) Time (5) Wizard of Oz (5) 2 on Tuesday (4) Blogiversary (4) Breast Cancer Awareness (4) COVID-19 (4) Christmas 2012 (4) Christmas 2013 (4) Christmas 2015 (4) Down (4) Grandparents (4) Housework (4) Memory Monday (4) Monday Smiles (4) Murphy's Law (4) On Our Way (4) Remembrance (4) Wine (4) AMERICAN IDOL (3) Blog (3) Cats and Dogs (3) Christmas 2020 (3) Christmas 2021 (3) Clouds (3) Crockpot (3) Dogs (3) Don't grow old (3) Fire (3) Food (3) Gift (3) In Memoriam (3) Italy (3) La Jolla (3) Ladybug (3) May Day (3) Movie (3) Moving in (3) Museum (3) NO-REPLY (3) New York (3) Pizza (3) Reader (3) Royal Wedding (3) San Diego Zoo (3) Signs (3) St.Patrick's Day (3) Summer (3) Weight (3) star (3) 2010 (2) Anxiety (2) Babysitting (2) Big Brother (2) Bodie (2) Bristlecone (2) Bucket List (2) Christmas 2014 (2) Christmas 2017 (2) Christmas 2018 (2) Christmas 2022 (2) Christmas 2023 (2) Cowboy (2) Deer (2) Fishing (2) Five Questions (2) Friday Foto Friends (2) Full Moon (2) Goals (2) Graduations (2) Hallmark (2) Heavyhearted (2) Jack's Tree (2) Jay's Gourmet (2) Knee Replacement (2) Leaves (2) Less is More (2) MAYDAY (2) Meme (2) Mini Cooper (2) Mission Inn (2) Mojo (2) Mountains (2) NYC (2) Old Age (2) Ouch (2) Out to Live (2) Party (2) Potluck (2) Presents (2) Purchased (2) Ranunculus (2) Robot (2) Royal Baby (2) Safari Park (2) Show and Tell (2) Simplify (2) Slap me (2) Snow (2) Sorrow (2) Stranger (2) TBB Asks (2) Tears (2) Things to do (2) Trees (2) Weekend Wrap-Up (2) Wilson Winery (2) '09 card exchange (1) 000 (1) 2016 (1) 2020 (1) 3 On Thursday (1) 48 Questions (1) All My Children (1) Always something (1) Ankle (1) Antiques (1) Aria (1) Bath (1) Billy Elliot (1) Bird (1) Bra (1) Brookfield Zoo (1) COPD (1) Call the Midwife (1) Candles (1) Celebration (1) Chairs (1) Christmas '09 (1) Christmas 2016 (1) Christmas 2019 (1) Church (1) Citizens arrest (1) City lights (1) Clocks (1) Cows (1) DMV (1) DVD (1) Discombobulated (1) Donations (1) Downton Abbey (1) F.Y.I. (1) Fair (1) Farmers Market (1) Favorite Things (1) Featured (1) Finley (1) Flag Day (1) Football (1) Getty (1) Giving (1) Good Morning (1) Grandson (1) Grapes (1) Happy New Year (1) Hoover Dam (1) Horseback Riding (1) IKEA (1) Idol (1) Idyllwild (1) Independence Day (1) Jesus (1) Joshua Tree National Park (1) Julian Bakery (1) June (1) LaJolla (1) Lavender Festival (1) Lifetime (1) Lost (1) Low Carb Treats (1) Madness (1) Mellow Yellow Monday (1) Moment of Silence (1) Music (1) Nana (1) Negative (1) Nipples (1) Nobody Is Home (1) Note Book Journey (1) Nurses (1) Oak Glen (1) One Word 2022 (1) One of those days (1) Owls (1) PT (1) Pinecones (1) Playing Hooky (1) Post 1 (1) President (1) Pretty in Pink (1) Puppy (1) Queen Mary (1) Quick Takes (1) Randomness (1) Regrets (1) Ringling (1) Rock/Hard Place (1) Roosters (1) Route 66 (1) SOS (1) Sale (1) Salt and Pepper Shakers (1) San Diego Harbor (1) Saturday 9 (1) She Loves Me (1) Silver Lining (1) Snail Mail (1) Spam (1) Speak English (1) Spider (1) Spin Cycle (1) Stamps (1) Stars (1) Stoned (1) Summer Lovin' (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Sunset (1) Surprise (1) Survey (1) Swim (1) TBT (1) TP (1) Temecula CA (1) Templates (1) Thank You (1) The Getty Villa (1) The Sistine Chapel (1) Time Out (1) Treasures (1) Trends (1) Trying. Something New (1) Twilight Saga (1) Two On Tuesday (1) USA (1) VOTE 2012 (1) Wicked (1) Willow Tree (1) Windsor Tea (1) Winner (1) Worldwide Candle Lighting (1) Zoo (1) button (1) closet (1) cottage (1) digging (1) handkerchief (1) karma (1) memory (1) tests (1) webkinz (1)