Saturday, March 23, 2019

LIFE HAS BEEN BUSY....

Time for some updates:

I started my pulmonary rehabilitation therapy. So far so good. I go twice a week and I've been able to set up one session after bowling on Wednesday's since I'm out in the area already. It's about an hours drive so it only makes for one extra trip each week. 

I've been doing 20 minutes on a recumbent bike with arm movements included. My recumbent bike at home is only for the legs. Then I do 15 minutes on an arm machine. The point is to increase the muscles around your chest area along with breathing techniques. Then I do 10 minutes on the treadmill followed by stretching exercises and resistance bands. 
A bit of sad news on Gabby's father. He was in the hospital about six weeks ago and has been diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer. They said that he could possibly get a year with treatment. They started chemo but he had a stomach bleed. They tried a risky surgery which was successful but his kidneys are now failing and he is not healthy enough to dialysis. They believe he will pass within the next 10 days. 

So we of course offered to be on call to help with the baby if needed. On Tuesday they had to rush to the hospital because he had taken a turn for the worse. This was before the surgery. Adam asked if we could pick up James from the sitter and watch him until they got home. 

I had a busy day having a Nuclear Stress test which takes approximately 4 hours. I had just gotten home when Adam called. Of course we said yes and after Mark showered we were on our way. So as we are driving I remembered seeing signs on the wall saying "No pregnant woman or children allowed in this area" so I decided that maybe I should Google it. 

So I put into my search engine "Can I see my grandson after a Nuclear Stress Test?" The answer was "NO", you should not be near children the first day after your test. OMG what do we do??? So I called Adam while Mark was getting the baby from the sitter. I told him I would stay outside and give Mark instructions on what to do. Adam was able to get a friend to come over and watch the baby until they got home. 

Yes I was in the car with him for a very short period of time but I was all covered up and had my window rolled down and stayed outside until Michelle came over to watch James. She brought a friend with her and Adam/Gabby got home about 3 hours later. What a crazy set of circumstances but I am so thankful I Googled it!!! 
So on Friday her dad was somewhat stable and they were going to move him to her sister's house with Hospice care. So they had the baby with them visiting her dad but knew that it was going to take hours to get everything organized so Adam asked if we could watch him. Of course the answer was yes.

Adam brought him over and we in turn took him back to their house so he would be more comfortable in his normal surroundings since we don't have all the equipment that they use to keep him active and playing. We watched him for 8 hours! Here are some photos for you to enjoy....




13 comments:

MadSnapper said...

I am so glad you ssaw those signs and paid attention. I had no idea it would be dangerous. he is so precious and such a happy baby. I am so sorry to hear this about her dad, and prayers for all of you as you go through this togehter

Mevely317 said...

Congratulations on digging down and championing your rehab! And thank God you thought about consulting Google before loving on sweet baby James. That gave me goosebumps. I'm so sorry to learn about Gabby's dad; that's a rough road for all of you. Prayers!

Cindy said...

Such a adorable grandson! That was smart of you to Google that! I was tired after just reading about it, glad it all worked out though. I sorry to hear about Gabby's dad. They must be going through a lot.

Pam said...

Learning news like that is never good and I am sure Gabby is having a rough time. Wow....you never know about those test or shots. My mother in law years and yrs ago had chemo and my niece had a polo shot. My sis in law just happened to ask could the babies grandmother be around her since she just has chemo and they said point blank NO....but these are things that you need to think to ask and those questions don't always come to you. Good thing you looked it up. Glad your treatment is going well, sounds like a lot of work! I have asthma but thank goodness mine is basically a seasonal thing, SPRING (NOW) and fall is my watch it times.

betty said...

I just bet you loved all the time with James! I am so sorry about Gabby's father. God is merciful though and perhaps considering all that was involved with family dynamics it was "better" that he didn't have the year and the events unfolded as they did. I will pray for his passage to be a smooth one and comfort for the family.

That is great with what you are doing with rehab. Seems like it will be beneficial down the road!

I truly believe God inspired you to google about the nuclear stress test and if it was safe for you to be around young ones. I wouldn't have even thought of that and I type reports like this all the time. Glad you did and were able to make sure James was not harmed in any way.

betty

Ann said...

So sorry to hear about Gabby's dad.
The pictures are adorable and I bet you had such a good time spending the time with him. Glad you thought to google about the stress test.

Love Of Quilts said...

Sweet baby! Glad to know you are doing better. Sad about your daughter in laws dad.

Carla from The River said...

I am sad about Gabby's father. I am so thankful she has a good relationship with you!!
I am also happy you are able to help. It makes a world of difference for young parents to have someone close that they love to help them.
Take care of you.. and family.
Love, Carla

photowannabe said...

You have such a delightful grandson there.
Like everyone else has said, I'm glad you Googled the information on the test...I would never have thought of that.
Hope your rehab continues to go well and sorry about Gabby's Dad.

Vee said...

You did great! Online searches can be so helpful. I am sure that your son and daughter-in-law are grateful for your help with your handsome little grandson. Will say a prayer for Gabby’s dad and all the family.

Mara said...

So sorry to hear about her father. It must be really hard for her right now! And your grandson is just the cutest little one!

holli said...

Sending prayers for Gabby and her father.
I know you're thrilled with every minute spent with the baby.

Michelle said...

Debby, I am proud of you for doing the rigorous exercises. I need to exercise more. Now that my hubby is home for 2 months, maybe longer if he retires, we'll get some much needed walking in.

James is growing fast :) I know you enjoyed taking care of him. It's a good thing you googled that info.

I am praying for Gabby & family. 🙏🙏

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southern California, United States
Follow Just Breathe

Labels

Wednesday Hodgepodge (561) Family (241) Birthdays (160) Vacation (138) Funny (131) Tuesday 4 Meme (127) Tuesday 4 (104) James (101) Skye (99) Post It (95) Movies (89) Christmas (67) JP (61) Random (40) Award (39) Florida (32) Easter (30) Health (29) Thanksgiving (28) Flowers (23) Mother's Day (20) Vegas (20) tag (20) Father's Day (19) God (19) My Dad (19) Ornaments (19) Friend (18) Anniversary (17) Europe (17) Friday Fragments (17) I've Got Nothing (17) New Year (17) Halloween (16) Chicago (15) Meet Me on Monday (15) Montana (15) Oscars (15) 4th of July (14) Doctor (14) Friday Fill-In (14) Mammoth Lakes (14) Sky (14) VALENTINE'S DAY (14) Debby's Tree (13) For Your Tears (13) Giveaway (12) House (12) Recipes (12) 9/11 (11) Memorial Day (11) Paris (11) This or That (11) Wedding (11) Asthma (10) Bake (10) Carlsbad (10) Holiday (9) Just Because (9) Labor Day (9) Love (9) Rainbow (9) Shopping (9) Sick (9) Disney World (8) Round Robin (8) Veterans Day (8) Fat Ass Friday (7) Frustration (7) London (7) Mark (7) Plants (7) heart (7) 2011 (6) Apples (6) Birthday (6) Christmas Tree (6) Disneyland (6) Fall (6) Houston (6) Loss (6) Miscellaneous (6) PINTEREST (6) Pictures (6) Prayer (6) Thankful (6) Video (6) bowling (6) Car (5) Change (5) Company (5) Earth Day (5) Following (5) Help (5) Monday Smiles (5) One Word (5) Pittsburgh (5) Princess Diana (5) Quiz (5) Spring (5) Sundays In My City (5) Super Bowl (5) The Flower Fields (5) Time (5) Wizard of Oz (5) 2 on Tuesday (4) Blogiversary (4) Breast Cancer Awareness (4) COVID-19 (4) Christmas 2012 (4) Christmas 2013 (4) Christmas 2015 (4) Down (4) Grandparents (4) Housework (4) Memory Monday (4) Murphy's Law (4) On Our Way (4) Remembrance (4) Wine (4) AMERICAN IDOL (3) Blog (3) Cats and Dogs (3) Christmas 2020 (3) Christmas 2021 (3) Clouds (3) Crockpot (3) Dogs (3) Don't grow old (3) Fire (3) Food (3) Gift (3) In Memoriam (3) Italy (3) La Jolla (3) Ladybug (3) May Day (3) Movie (3) Moving in (3) Museum (3) NO-REPLY (3) New York (3) Pizza (3) Reader (3) Royal Wedding (3) San Diego Zoo (3) Signs (3) St.Patrick's Day (3) Summer (3) Weight (3) star (3) 2010 (2) Anxiety (2) Babysitting (2) Big Brother (2) Bodie (2) Bristlecone (2) Bucket List (2) Christmas 2014 (2) Christmas 2017 (2) Christmas 2018 (2) Christmas 2022 (2) Christmas 2023 (2) Cowboy (2) Deer (2) Fishing (2) Five Questions (2) Friday Foto Friends (2) Full Moon (2) Goals (2) Graduations (2) Hallmark (2) Heavyhearted (2) Jack's Tree (2) Jay's Gourmet (2) Knee Replacement (2) Leaves (2) Less is More (2) MAYDAY (2) Meme (2) Mini Cooper (2) Mission Inn (2) Mojo (2) Mountains (2) NYC (2) Old Age (2) Ouch (2) Out to Live (2) Party (2) Potluck (2) Presents (2) Purchased (2) Ranunculus (2) Robot (2) Royal Baby (2) Safari Park (2) Show and Tell (2) Simplify (2) Slap me (2) Snow (2) Sorrow (2) Stranger (2) TBB Asks (2) Tears (2) Things to do (2) Trees (2) Weekend Wrap-Up (2) Wilson Winery (2) '09 card exchange (1) 000 (1) 2016 (1) 2020 (1) 3 On Thursday (1) 48 Questions (1) All My Children (1) Always something (1) Ankle (1) Antiques (1) Aria (1) Bath (1) Billy Elliot (1) Bird (1) Bra (1) Brookfield Zoo (1) COPD (1) Call the Midwife (1) Candles (1) Celebration (1) Chairs (1) Christmas '09 (1) Christmas 2016 (1) Christmas 2019 (1) Church (1) Citizens arrest (1) City lights (1) Clocks (1) Cows (1) DMV (1) DVD (1) Discombobulated (1) Donations (1) Downton Abbey (1) F.Y.I. (1) Fair (1) Farmers Market (1) Favorite Things (1) Featured (1) Finley (1) Flag Day (1) Football (1) Getty (1) Giving (1) Good Morning (1) Grandson (1) Grapes (1) Happy New Year (1) Hoover Dam (1) Horseback Riding (1) IKEA (1) Idol (1) Idyllwild (1) Independence Day (1) Jesus (1) Joshua Tree National Park (1) Julian Bakery (1) June (1) LaJolla (1) Lavender Festival (1) Lifetime (1) Lost (1) Low Carb Treats (1) Madness (1) Mellow Yellow Monday (1) Moment of Silence (1) Music (1) Nana (1) Negative (1) Nipples (1) Nobody Is Home (1) Note Book Journey (1) Nurses (1) Oak Glen (1) One Word 2022 (1) One of those days (1) Owls (1) PT (1) Pinecones (1) Playing Hooky (1) Post 1 (1) President (1) Pretty in Pink (1) Puppy (1) Queen Mary (1) Quick Takes (1) Randomness (1) Regrets (1) Ringling (1) Rock/Hard Place (1) Roosters (1) Route 66 (1) SOS (1) Sale (1) Salt and Pepper Shakers (1) San Diego Harbor (1) Saturday 9 (1) She Loves Me (1) Silver Lining (1) Snail Mail (1) Spam (1) Speak English (1) Spider (1) Spin Cycle (1) Stamps (1) Stars (1) Stoned (1) Summer Lovin' (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Sunset (1) Surprise (1) Survey (1) Swim (1) TBT (1) TP (1) Temecula CA (1) Templates (1) Thank You (1) The Getty Villa (1) The Sistine Chapel (1) Time Out (1) Treasures (1) Trends (1) Trying. Something New (1) Twilight Saga (1) Two On Tuesday (1) USA (1) VOTE 2012 (1) Wicked (1) Willow Tree (1) Windsor Tea (1) Winner (1) Worldwide Candle Lighting (1) Zoo (1) button (1) closet (1) cottage (1) digging (1) handkerchief (1) karma (1) memory (1) tests (1) webkinz (1)