Wednesday, February 3, 2021

WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #406

Thank you Joyce.
To join in click HERE


1. Feb 2nd is Groundhog Day in the US of A. Tell us about one day you wouldn't mind living over again, and why you chose that day. 

I'm going with more than one. I would say my wedding day and the birth of my children. I choose these days because they come and go so quickly. Well labor doesn't go by quickly but I would like to experience them again. 

 2. Something you know beyond a 'shadow of a doubt'? 

God is in control.

3. Give us an example of history repeating itself in some way, in your own life or the lives of your children.

The one thing that comes to mind is the fact that we moved to California away from family. Adam had moved away at one point, but he is back, and Amber is now in Montana missing out on James. 

I know that things happen for a reason and I don't want to go back but I never really knew the impact it would have on the family I left behind. I loved the day's when family all lived close by. 

4. Snowed under, snow job, not a snowball's chance, snowbird, on thin ice, snug as a bug in a rug, tip of the iceberg, snowball effect, run hot and cold....choose a wintry idiom and tell us how it best applies to your life right now. 

I'm really not sure which one to pick. I don't know if I'm "snowed under" or if this is the "tip of the iceberg." On New Year's Eve I felt like I started to have a lung infection. Here I am almost 5 weeks later and it's still not over. Basically I haven't been able to do much at all. 

I've been on oral steroids and antibiotics but they didn't help. I still have a tight chest and wheezing but my lungs are dry. Have talked to my doctor several times. I finally got a chest x-ray last Thursday. Lungs are clear, no pneumonia. So that was good news on Monday. 

I had debated about going to the ER. Last place I want to be with my COPD and Covid-19 in the air. Here's the thing, shortness of breath can come from your lungs or your heart. 

Doctor doesn't think it is heart related so we have increased the doses of one of my inhaled steroids hoping to clear out whatever is giving me shortness of breath and then hopefully going back to the normal daily dose with my lungs feeling back to normal. 

5. Your favorite sign of spring? 

Definitely warmer weather. However I can't complain about our weather compared to the areas that get snow. We do have birds and flowers around throughout the year but those would be signs I would see if I lived back in Illinois. 

6. Insert your own random thought here.

We have been visited by a Golden Eagle twice over the last six days. We have never seen one before in the area and we have been in this house for over fourteen years. 

He started to take off. 
Wish I could have gotten his unbelievable wingspan.

12 comments:

Ann said...

I don't know if there are any days that I would want to live over.
How amazing to have that golden eagle perching right there on your fence.

The Feminine Energy said...

Prayers for you, ((((((((dear friend)))))))))). May your lungs get better real soon! For this I pray, amen. ~Andrea xoxo

betty said...

Such a wonderful gift to see that golden eagle as you have been seeing him/her and to get the pictures you did. I always think they and other birds like hawks and the like are a sign from God (at least for me based on things happening in the past). You got great pictures of it! I hope you do start feeling better. It is good that the chest x-ray was clear. Hopefully the added meds will do the trick! There are lots of days I would live over LOL. When son graduated from high school I told him I would go back and do it all again (all his growing up years, the good, the bad, etc). It just goes by so fast!

betty

MadSnapper said...

I can't really pick a day that I would like to go back and relive but I could say that if I had a time machine I would like to go back to the day I turned 40 and live the last 36 years over again but with the knowledge that I have now. I hope changing the meds makes you feel better and I have often thought that I would like it if I world still included All Families living in the same town I think our Mobility has destroyed the World As We Knew It Back Then. There are very few that have their entire family living even in one state much less the same town

Gloria said...

Hi Debby:
I love your answers today.
Praying your lungs get better!!!
Beautiful eagle perching on your fence.
Thanks for sharing your pictures.
Have a great Wednesday.

ellen b. said...

Wow...how amazing to have that eagle visit. I hope your lungs clear up and breathing becomes easier. Praying as I type for that to happen.

Chatty Crone said...

God is in control.
I love your eagle.
It sounds hopefully you have a good way to get your breathing in control. I hope you feel better.

Carla from The River said...

Hi Debby,
The golden eagle is beautiful. WOW, to have one so close to you.
I am praying you feel better soon.
Carla

Mevely317 said...


#2 - absolutely! Amen.
I never really 'knew' my grandparents nor aunts, uncles, etc. -- but my Tom could sure relate to what you've said. He's all the time reminiscing about multi-generational family get-togethers while in Chicago.
I hope the new meds provide you relief. Soon!

Joyce said...

The eagle is so gorgeous! What a treat to have him visit. Like you we moved because the job required it, and I wouldn't trade the experiences. My children are doing the same, but the world feels a bit precarious now and I'd love to have them within a short day's drive. I think we need one another amidst all the turmoil that is ongoing. Take care and I hope the adjustment in meds means you feel better soon!

CheerfulMonk said...

I sure hope they can help your lungs. Please keep us informed. 💕

Secret Agent Woman said...

A golden eagle! That's very cool.

I don't know that I'd want to relive my children's births, but I would love a day with them as babies again.

I hope the steroids help. I completely get not wanting to go into a hospital right now.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southern California, United States
Follow Just Breathe

Labels

Wednesday Hodgepodge (560) Family (241) Birthdays (160) Vacation (138) Funny (131) Tuesday 4 Meme (127) Tuesday 4 (104) James (101) Skye (99) Post It (95) Movies (89) Christmas (67) JP (61) Random (40) Award (39) Florida (32) Easter (30) Health (29) Thanksgiving (28) Flowers (23) Mother's Day (20) Vegas (20) tag (20) Father's Day (19) God (19) My Dad (19) Ornaments (19) Friend (18) Anniversary (17) Europe (17) Friday Fragments (17) I've Got Nothing (17) New Year (17) Halloween (16) Chicago (15) Meet Me on Monday (15) Montana (15) Oscars (15) 4th of July (14) Doctor (14) Friday Fill-In (14) Mammoth Lakes (14) Sky (14) VALENTINE'S DAY (14) Debby's Tree (13) For Your Tears (13) Giveaway (12) House (12) Recipes (12) 9/11 (11) Memorial Day (11) Paris (11) This or That (11) Wedding (11) Asthma (10) Bake (10) Carlsbad (10) Holiday (9) Just Because (9) Labor Day (9) Love (9) Rainbow (9) Shopping (9) Sick (9) Disney World (8) Round Robin (8) Veterans Day (8) Fat Ass Friday (7) Frustration (7) London (7) Mark (7) Plants (7) heart (7) 2011 (6) Apples (6) Birthday (6) Christmas Tree (6) Disneyland (6) Fall (6) Houston (6) Loss (6) Miscellaneous (6) PINTEREST (6) Pictures (6) Prayer (6) Thankful (6) Video (6) bowling (6) Car (5) Change (5) Company (5) Earth Day (5) Following (5) Help (5) Monday Smiles (5) One Word (5) Pittsburgh (5) Princess Diana (5) Quiz (5) Spring (5) Sundays In My City (5) Super Bowl (5) The Flower Fields (5) Time (5) Wizard of Oz (5) 2 on Tuesday (4) Blogiversary (4) Breast Cancer Awareness (4) COVID-19 (4) Christmas 2012 (4) Christmas 2013 (4) Christmas 2015 (4) Down (4) Grandparents (4) Housework (4) Memory Monday (4) Murphy's Law (4) On Our Way (4) Remembrance (4) Wine (4) AMERICAN IDOL (3) Blog (3) Cats and Dogs (3) Christmas 2020 (3) Christmas 2021 (3) Clouds (3) Crockpot (3) Dogs (3) Don't grow old (3) Fire (3) Food (3) Gift (3) In Memoriam (3) Italy (3) La Jolla (3) Ladybug (3) May Day (3) Movie (3) Moving in (3) Museum (3) NO-REPLY (3) New York (3) Pizza (3) Reader (3) Royal Wedding (3) San Diego Zoo (3) Signs (3) St.Patrick's Day (3) Summer (3) Weight (3) star (3) 2010 (2) Anxiety (2) Babysitting (2) Big Brother (2) Bodie (2) Bristlecone (2) Bucket List (2) Christmas 2014 (2) Christmas 2017 (2) Christmas 2018 (2) Christmas 2022 (2) Christmas 2023 (2) Cowboy (2) Deer (2) Fishing (2) Five Questions (2) Friday Foto Friends (2) Full Moon (2) Goals (2) Graduations (2) Hallmark (2) Heavyhearted (2) Jack's Tree (2) Jay's Gourmet (2) Knee Replacement (2) Leaves (2) Less is More (2) MAYDAY (2) Meme (2) Mini Cooper (2) Mission Inn (2) Mojo (2) Mountains (2) NYC (2) Old Age (2) Ouch (2) Out to Live (2) Party (2) Potluck (2) Presents (2) Purchased (2) Ranunculus (2) Robot (2) Royal Baby (2) Safari Park (2) Show and Tell (2) Simplify (2) Slap me (2) Snow (2) Sorrow (2) Stranger (2) TBB Asks (2) Tears (2) Things to do (2) Trees (2) Weekend Wrap-Up (2) Wilson Winery (2) '09 card exchange (1) 000 (1) 2016 (1) 2020 (1) 3 On Thursday (1) 48 Questions (1) All My Children (1) Always something (1) Ankle (1) Antiques (1) Aria (1) Bath (1) Billy Elliot (1) Bird (1) Bra (1) Brookfield Zoo (1) COPD (1) Call the Midwife (1) Candles (1) Celebration (1) Chairs (1) Christmas '09 (1) Christmas 2016 (1) Christmas 2019 (1) Church (1) Citizens arrest (1) City lights (1) Clocks (1) Cows (1) DMV (1) DVD (1) Discombobulated (1) Donations (1) Downton Abbey (1) F.Y.I. (1) Fair (1) Farmers Market (1) Favorite Things (1) Featured (1) Finley (1) Flag Day (1) Football (1) Getty (1) Giving (1) Good Morning (1) Grandson (1) Grapes (1) Happy New Year (1) Hoover Dam (1) Horseback Riding (1) IKEA (1) Idol (1) Idyllwild (1) Independence Day (1) Jesus (1) Joshua Tree National Park (1) Julian Bakery (1) June (1) LaJolla (1) Lavender Festival (1) Lifetime (1) Lost (1) Low Carb Treats (1) Madness (1) Mellow Yellow Monday (1) Moment of Silence (1) Music (1) Nana (1) Negative (1) Nipples (1) Nobody Is Home (1) Note Book Journey (1) Nurses (1) Oak Glen (1) One Word 2022 (1) One of those days (1) Owls (1) PT (1) Pinecones (1) Playing Hooky (1) Post 1 (1) President (1) Pretty in Pink (1) Puppy (1) Queen Mary (1) Quick Takes (1) Randomness (1) Regrets (1) Ringling (1) Rock/Hard Place (1) Roosters (1) Route 66 (1) SOS (1) Sale (1) Salt and Pepper Shakers (1) San Diego Harbor (1) Saturday 9 (1) She Loves Me (1) Silver Lining (1) Snail Mail (1) Spam (1) Speak English (1) Spider (1) Spin Cycle (1) Stamps (1) Stars (1) Stoned (1) Summer Lovin' (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Sunset (1) Surprise (1) Survey (1) Swim (1) TBT (1) TP (1) Temecula CA (1) Templates (1) Thank You (1) The Getty Villa (1) The Sistine Chapel (1) Time Out (1) Treasures (1) Trends (1) Trying. Something New (1) Twilight Saga (1) Two On Tuesday (1) USA (1) VOTE 2012 (1) Wicked (1) Willow Tree (1) Windsor Tea (1) Winner (1) Worldwide Candle Lighting (1) Zoo (1) button (1) closet (1) cottage (1) digging (1) handkerchief (1) karma (1) memory (1) tests (1) webkinz (1)