Saturday, January 8, 2022

THIS AND THAT

We received some lovely gifts at Christmas. I thought I would show you a few of mine. We did get some wonderful gift cards to use. I actually got myself three new pairs of pajamas from Macy's with a gift card. There is a pajama that I like a lot but for some reason the buttons match up with our counters and I keep catching the buttons on the knobs. I'm so tired of sewing on buttons! Hopefully these new ones will work better. 

We also received gift cards to Amazon which are always appreciated and of course a nice check from Mark's mom. We also received some Target gift cards. We got our favorite grippy socks from Amber and Dylan so we don't slip, along with my Macy's card, Mark's Home Depot card and a Doordash gift card. 

I haven't sent out my Thank You notes yet but I have addressed the envelopes but still need to write the notes inside.  

This candle was from James.


This wreath was from Adam and Gabby. It was a suggestion of mine. When Mark painted our bedroom there was a picture we got rid of and I've been looking at the painted screw in the wall for a while now so I thought this would look lovely there and it does! 

This Lego Flower Bouquet is from Mark but this isn't actually what he bought me. I will explain. I had a article out for this last February for Valentine's Day. I never did receive it. After we went to New York in 2016 I was wanting the Statue of Liberty and he remembered that which was really sweet. However my feelings have changed since then. 

I felt really bad but there was just no way I wanted the Statue of Liberty displayed in the house. Heck, I need to get rid of things. I felt so bad but Mark totally understood so we returned it to Target. When he was shopping at Christmas he was unable to get this Flower Bouquet but it was actually available on Amazon the day we did the return at Target. I am excited to work on it. 

I do need to mention that 2 years ago I got the Lego Gingerbread House for Christmas from Mark and I haven't put that one together yet but I definitely will someday. I love it! These flowers will be simple to display in a vase. 

Adam and Gabby had given me a box of Nuts and Chews from See's candy which I love. When Adam was there he saw the glass ornament and definitely thought about me and my tree. I really love it and will be putting it on the tree next year. 

I purchased two Brain Teaser books for Seniors for Mark and I from Santa Claus so we can keep our minds sharp. I also gave Mark a $100 gift card to the Duluth Trading Company. 

It was a lovely Christmas. 

13 comments:

Ann said...

Awesome gifts. Gift cards are always nice so that you can pick out exactly what you want. I think it's easier to buy something frivolous too if you're using a gift card. That is of course, if frivolous is what you want...lol
Love the lego flowers. I have never seen anything like those.

MadSnapper said...

i had no idea the lego flowers existed, I took the time to go out and check them out. you can tell I live under a rock which is our house. makes me wonder what else is out there I never see. you sure rocked the gifts this year.

Little Penpen said...

Nice gifts! I had no idea there were “adult” lego sets. I’m afraid I don’t have the patience for those kinds of things, but I hope to see your progress soon!!

Martha said...

So glad you had a nice Christmas and hope all has been well in your world!

Mevely317 said...

What a fabulous Christmas 'haul'! Like Sandra, I'd no idea those Lego creations existed; I'm thinking that would be (will be) the perfect birthday gift for my BF come August.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Sounds like a perfectly lovely Christmas. I think I like the candle from your grandson the best. That was so sweet. Of course the other things are very nice and that Lego flower arrangement is amazing! I never knew they had things like that either for adults. Cool. Yes, you must take a picture when you get it finished! Enjoy your New Year and the new pj's too!!

The Feminine Energy said...

Well, my goodness.... now we know who was a VERY nice girl all year long!!! Santa made an extra-wonderful stop to your house this Christmas, didn't he, Debby. *haha* And gift cards.... the BEST!! Thank you for sharing what you received. You deserved it all, my dear, and then some. ~Andrea xoxoxo

Susan said...

I love to play with Legos too! I would love to play with the gingerbread house. My granddaughter just got the Encanto set.
Enjoy your weekend.

Carla from The River said...

The Lego Flowers are fantastic.
Our boys have the Statue of Liberty set.

I enjoyed seeing your gifts.
xx oo
Carla

Chatty Crone said...

All I can say is - you were a mighty good girl for Christmas - those are some wonderful gifts and cards. You are very blessed. Love the candle from James!

betty said...

Lovely gifts you and Mark got, Debby! I didn't realize Lego had the gingerbread cottage or the flower bouquet one; very cute!!

betty

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm glad you had such a great Christmas. ❤️

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

Debby, your Christmas sounds wonderful and I think Dick and I could sure use those brain health books.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Southern California, United States
Follow Just Breathe

Labels

Wednesday Hodgepodge (562) Family (241) Birthdays (160) Vacation (138) Funny (131) Tuesday 4 Meme (127) Tuesday 4 (104) James (101) Skye (99) Post It (95) Movies (89) Christmas (67) JP (61) Random (40) Award (39) Florida (32) Easter (30) Health (29) Thanksgiving (28) Flowers (23) Mother's Day (20) Vegas (20) tag (20) Father's Day (19) God (19) My Dad (19) Ornaments (19) Friend (18) Anniversary (17) Europe (17) Friday Fragments (17) I've Got Nothing (17) New Year (17) Halloween (16) Chicago (15) Meet Me on Monday (15) Montana (15) Oscars (15) 4th of July (14) Doctor (14) Friday Fill-In (14) Mammoth Lakes (14) Sky (14) VALENTINE'S DAY (14) Debby's Tree (13) For Your Tears (13) Giveaway (12) House (12) Recipes (12) 9/11 (11) Memorial Day (11) Paris (11) This or That (11) Wedding (11) Asthma (10) Bake (10) Carlsbad (10) Holiday (9) Just Because (9) Labor Day (9) Love (9) Rainbow (9) Shopping (9) Sick (9) Disney World (8) Round Robin (8) Veterans Day (8) Fat Ass Friday (7) Frustration (7) London (7) Mark (7) Plants (7) heart (7) 2011 (6) Apples (6) Birthday (6) Christmas Tree (6) Disneyland (6) Fall (6) Houston (6) Loss (6) Miscellaneous (6) PINTEREST (6) Pictures (6) Prayer (6) Thankful (6) Video (6) bowling (6) Car (5) Change (5) Company (5) Earth Day (5) Following (5) Help (5) Monday Smiles (5) One Word (5) Pittsburgh (5) Princess Diana (5) Quiz (5) Spring (5) Sundays In My City (5) Super Bowl (5) The Flower Fields (5) Time (5) Wizard of Oz (5) 2 on Tuesday (4) Blogiversary (4) Breast Cancer Awareness (4) COVID-19 (4) Christmas 2012 (4) Christmas 2013 (4) Christmas 2015 (4) Down (4) Grandparents (4) Housework (4) Memory Monday (4) Murphy's Law (4) On Our Way (4) Remembrance (4) Wine (4) AMERICAN IDOL (3) Blog (3) Cats and Dogs (3) Christmas 2020 (3) Christmas 2021 (3) Clouds (3) Crockpot (3) Dogs (3) Don't grow old (3) Fire (3) Food (3) Gift (3) In Memoriam (3) Italy (3) La Jolla (3) Ladybug (3) May Day (3) Movie (3) Moving in (3) Museum (3) NO-REPLY (3) New York (3) Pizza (3) Reader (3) Royal Wedding (3) San Diego Zoo (3) Signs (3) St.Patrick's Day (3) Summer (3) Weight (3) star (3) 2010 (2) Anxiety (2) Babysitting (2) Big Brother (2) Bodie (2) Bristlecone (2) Bucket List (2) Christmas 2014 (2) Christmas 2017 (2) Christmas 2018 (2) Christmas 2022 (2) Christmas 2023 (2) Cowboy (2) Deer (2) Fishing (2) Five Questions (2) Friday Foto Friends (2) Full Moon (2) Goals (2) Graduations (2) Hallmark (2) Heavyhearted (2) Jack's Tree (2) Jay's Gourmet (2) Knee Replacement (2) Leaves (2) Less is More (2) MAYDAY (2) Meme (2) Mini Cooper (2) Mission Inn (2) Mojo (2) Mountains (2) NYC (2) Old Age (2) Ouch (2) Out to Live (2) Party (2) Potluck (2) Presents (2) Purchased (2) Ranunculus (2) Robot (2) Royal Baby (2) Safari Park (2) Show and Tell (2) Simplify (2) Slap me (2) Snow (2) Sorrow (2) Stranger (2) TBB Asks (2) Tears (2) Things to do (2) Trees (2) Weekend Wrap-Up (2) Wilson Winery (2) '09 card exchange (1) 000 (1) 2016 (1) 2020 (1) 3 On Thursday (1) 48 Questions (1) All My Children (1) Always something (1) Ankle (1) Antiques (1) Aria (1) Bath (1) Billy Elliot (1) Bird (1) Bra (1) Brookfield Zoo (1) COPD (1) Call the Midwife (1) Candles (1) Celebration (1) Chairs (1) Christmas '09 (1) Christmas 2016 (1) Christmas 2019 (1) Church (1) Citizens arrest (1) City lights (1) Clocks (1) Cows (1) DMV (1) DVD (1) Discombobulated (1) Donations (1) Downton Abbey (1) F.Y.I. (1) Fair (1) Farmers Market (1) Favorite Things (1) Featured (1) Finley (1) Flag Day (1) Football (1) Getty (1) Giving (1) Good Morning (1) Grandson (1) Grapes (1) Happy New Year (1) Hoover Dam (1) Horseback Riding (1) IKEA (1) Idol (1) Idyllwild (1) Independence Day (1) Jesus (1) Joshua Tree National Park (1) Julian Bakery (1) June (1) LaJolla (1) Lavender Festival (1) Lifetime (1) Lost (1) Low Carb Treats (1) Madness (1) Mellow Yellow Monday (1) Moment of Silence (1) Music (1) Nana (1) Negative (1) Nipples (1) Nobody Is Home (1) Note Book Journey (1) Nurses (1) Oak Glen (1) One Word 2022 (1) One of those days (1) Owls (1) PT (1) Pinecones (1) Playing Hooky (1) Post 1 (1) President (1) Pretty in Pink (1) Puppy (1) Queen Mary (1) Quick Takes (1) Randomness (1) Regrets (1) Ringling (1) Rock/Hard Place (1) Roosters (1) Route 66 (1) SOS (1) Sale (1) Salt and Pepper Shakers (1) San Diego Harbor (1) Saturday 9 (1) She Loves Me (1) Silver Lining (1) Snail Mail (1) Spam (1) Speak English (1) Spider (1) Spin Cycle (1) Stamps (1) Stars (1) Stoned (1) Summer Lovin' (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Sunset (1) Surprise (1) Survey (1) Swim (1) TBT (1) TP (1) Temecula CA (1) Templates (1) Thank You (1) The Getty Villa (1) The Sistine Chapel (1) Time Out (1) Treasures (1) Trends (1) Trying. Something New (1) Twilight Saga (1) Two On Tuesday (1) USA (1) VOTE 2012 (1) Wicked (1) Willow Tree (1) Windsor Tea (1) Winner (1) Worldwide Candle Lighting (1) Zoo (1) button (1) closet (1) cottage (1) digging (1) handkerchief (1) karma (1) memory (1) tests (1) webkinz (1)