Join us....what are you waiting for?
1. What is one new holiday tradition you'd like to establish, or one you've established recently, say in the last year or two?
We have been decorating Gingerbread Houses on Christmas Day for the last few year however we are skipping that this year.
We also established eating our favorite Lou Malnati's pizza on Christmas Day with all kinds of other treats and that for now is staying. I love the fact that I don't have to spend my entire day cooking in the kitchen.....I get to join the party!
2. It's the second week of December. Have you sipped a cup of eggnog yet this month? Wrapped a gift? Opened a gift? Kissed someone under the mistletoe? Lit a candle? Eaten a Christmas cookie? Seen Santa in person? Watched a Christmas movie or special? Read scripture relating to the birth of Jesus?
I have not had any eggnog but I will get some for Christmas. Have not wrapped a gift or opened a gift. No kisses under the mistletoe. Haven't lit my Christmas Pine Candles yet or eaten a cookie. Have not seen Santa in person or read any scripture. I have watched at least a dozen Christmas movies but not my favorites yet!
3. Do you think it's better to be an adult or a child at Christmastime? Explain.
I think it is awesome to be an adult at Christmastime. Seeing the looks on my children's faces on Christmas morning was priceless and it is just as exciting for me now that they are all grown up. I love being a gift giver!
I loved Christmas a a child and my parents made it the best ever which is where my joy has come from.
4. It's often said, 'Good things come to those who wait'...agree or disagree? Why?
I am going to agree with that! Of course I am sure that good things come to those who don't wait too. If we trust in our prayers to God we know that His answers are not always immediate so you can usually bet on the wait of His answer to you.
5. What's the last sweet thing you baked? Did you keep it, take it to a party/event, or give it away?
I made some awesome Pumpkin Chex Mix and some Pretzels Turtle Treats which I took to Houston with us for Thanksgiving.
6. This question comes to us courtesy of Jhona who blogs over at The Red House at the End of the Lane. Everyone hop over and say hi to Jhona this week! Here is her question... "I heard an actor talk about how he makes a conscious choice to talk to people in elevators. He chooses to connect, make eye contact, and converse. Do you talk to people/strangers when you're in an elevator or any other place where you might have to wait together? Why or why not?"
Yes, almost always. Why?.....it's just who I am!
7. Are you on the naughty or nice list this year? What put you there?
I would hope to think I am on the nice list this year but I know I have had some heated conversations with words that I regretted saying so a few people might think I am naughty.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Well I'm still not feeling Christmas yet. Running way behind schedule. Mark did get the trees up but I have decided to wait to decorate them and the house right now.
I am concentrating on my gift buying this week and hoping to work on getting cards out. We have 25 people out of town that we send gifts to which makes for about six boxes. I had gone to gift cards a few years ago which is so much easier but I still like to add a few little things to some of them.
There is always time to decorate and since I keep my decorations up after Christmas there will still be plenty of time to enjoy them after the day. I have moved my Christmas Tree posts from the past few years up higher on my sidebar. Click on them to see the posts and my decorations.
We are attending Tristen's Fathers memorial luncheon on Saturday and that is my main focus right now. Her loss is weighing heaving on my heart.
P.S. Comments are messing up. You should be able to click "publish my comment" without entering the numbers !!!!!